+ Reply to Thread

Thread: G600 vs Naga

Default G600 vs Naga

My current gaming mouse is on its last legs. Trying to choose between a naga or g600. Both appear to have slight pros and cons, price difference negligable. Leaning more to g600 purely because Ive always got on well with logitech gaming gear before and its well built. Any comments from owners of either welcome.

Lifari 59 Mage

Liffster 60 Rogue rank 80

Icewatch

i have a naga but i don't like it, feels too flat. i think g60 looks abit more ergonomical, but i don't have 1 though.

I am used to the Naga myself, using it for a while now so I am biased. You can get the pro and it has different side panels for different grips. The G600 is heavier but feels a lot more durable, has softer clicks.

The Naga tends to break after a year or 2 and starts double clicking eveything(usually mouse button 1). You need to take it apart and use contact cleaner on the broken button.

Feel a demo model and decide for yourself.

I have always used Logitech mice and the few times I tried Razer the stuff just felt like all flash but junk at core. I know many love their razer products though.

I'm personally hooked on the g400. Logitech has always been pretty reliable for me. I only got rid of my last one because it was like 7 - 8 years old and getting kind of nasty . Those seem to be choice for gaming though. I just can't buy Razer stuff again. Maybe their mousepads.

What someone else said. Should just find some place to get a grip on both of them and see how they feel. Kind of hard, imo, to shop mice and keyboards without trying them first hand. All about how it fits your hand I think.
    Last edited by Violacea; 05-02-2013 at 01:12 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

You can take a look here for an extended discussion about the pro and cons
    - Rift - PaolOh - Guardian - Cleric
    Guild: New Order - Typhiria

I've had the G600 since it launched and I couldn't be happier with it. The main draw are the side buttons, and these buttons are very nice, very crisp and responsive, and laid out very well. They are broken down into two sections as far as 'feel' goes. G9-G14 feels very distinct from G15-20 in the way that both sections are concave so it's easy to find your way around it. The laser is very responsive and I like the configuration software that you can use for profiles. I don't use the Gshift button, so I can't speak to it.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Love my G600. Tried a naga first, returned it, then got the G600 and am quite pleased with it. Naga was too small for my hand and got
    hot with the excessive lighting. My wife couldn't feel the heat but I did and it was bothersome.

The two extra mousewheel functions on the g600 are also handy (press left and right on wheel along with the usual down press).

Logitech are superior. Products are always solid and reliable. I only use a G500 but i'm led to believe the 600 is merely the same mouse with more buttons... so it's probably fantastic.
    Last edited by mo0trix; 05-02-2013 at 05:29 AM.

I've had two Nagas and a G600 which I bought when they launched and prefer the G600 by a mile, it's far more comfortable and the build quality is better. I'd definitely recommend a G600 over the current Nagas.

Ascendant

I was in the same boat as you... G600 or Razr. I did some research and both are great gaming mice. What pushed me (ultimately) to G600 was the feel of it, how it handled. I've had it for a year now and it hasn't faultered in the least. Also, when you use Razr's software they include, it gives them permission to go through your computers files whenever they want. It basically allows them to sell info that lets people market ads to you better, but to me was still an invasion of privacy. From what I read, logitech doesn't include that in their software.
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    Also, when you use Razr's software they include, it gives them permission to go through your computers files whenever they want. It basically allows them to sell info that lets people market ads to you better, but to me was still an invasion of privacy.
    I was skeptical of this, so I did a bit of googling, and woah:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1319323/r...rvers-are-down

The privacy policy says that they will use your personal info to offer "value-added services". It also says:

Quote Originally Posted by Razer Privacy Policy
    Collection of personally identifiable information may be out-sourced to associates under agreement with Razer. These associates may adhere to their own set of privacy policies.
    Call me paranoid, but to me that translates to, "We're going to give outsourcing companies access to your info. What they do with it is their business."

Also, as I opined in a recent thread, the Naga is fugly. The G600 has a bit more elegant look, IMO.
    Last edited by Pork Star; 05-02-2013 at 06:26 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    I was skeptical of this, so I did a bit of googling, and woah:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1319323/r...rvers-are-down

The privacy policy says that they will use your personal info to offer "value-added services". It also says:

Call me paranoid, but to me that translates to, "We're going to give outsourcing companies access to your info. What they do with it is their business."

Also, as I opined in a recent thread, the Naga is fugly. The G600 has a bit more elegant look, IMO.

And you doubt me

I guess i could have backed it up with quotes from the ToS for Razr software.
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    And you doubt me

I guess i could have backed it up with quotes from the ToS for Razr software.
    I have the power of infinite skepticism. Also, you were choosing between a phone and a mouse for your input device so I decided to do my own research.

Wireless Naga is the king ..never got any problems with it
    Last edited by Saia; 05-02-2013 at 02:47 PM.

+ Reply to Thread