+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Trolls Using Marks to Harass Players in Warfronts and Costing Games

Shadowlander

Default Trolls Using Marks to Harass Players in Warfronts and Costing Games

*******s keep screwing with the marks in warfronts, unmarking the enemy team's healers, and remarking our own team. They do it over and over no matter how many times players are properly remarked. This harassment is a form a of trolling that costs teams games when they cannot properly focus fire. Yet, it is nearly impossible for the team to identify the troll. Trion needs some measure to prevent this from happening. One partial solution would be to allow players a selectable option that no one else can mark themselves with a mark. That would at least prevent the troll from harassing members of his own team with marks. It would not, however, solve the main problem of enemy targets being unmarked. Please do SOMETHING about this.

Are you referring to the icon marks or numbers marks?
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Or make all marks personal, because people who cares about marks will probably have spotted them for themselves already and will do whatever the situation calls for. I always mark the healers, but people doesn't care except for the other guys who mark. So... personalize.

And make it possible to "flash" or "flare" a target every x second, something everybody will see, but with a cooldown.

It's also possible that some people think they are the only ones that can see the marks...

Edit: I'm talking about Warfronts here, and not raids/parties that are organized.
    Last edited by Krumelur; 05-01-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Only 1 person on the enemies team should be marked at a time, If you have more than one no one dies because there will be a different pug on a different mark every time. If all focus fire one person they will die fast, doesn't matter if it is a tank or a healer. I find the people marking up the entire other team to be the one trolling WFs and costing our team the win.
    Abadfish@Deepwood <Philanthropy> 4/4TDQ 3/4 FT 2/5 EE Cleric DPS 61 Inquisitor 15 Defiler 0 Justicar
    Blame me it is always my fault, I don't know how but I am sure it is just the same.
    Check out my Twitch TV page, I will be streaming when ever I am logged in. www.twitch.tv/abealri

You really don't need marks in a pug warfront.

Simply find the highest damage dealer on your team and assist them with their target.

Every person should be doing this.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Oh, and make it possible to "copy" someone elses marks easily... if you trust that person.

Warfronts are like PuG dungeons, you queued up so you're agreeing to the possibility that you're going to be teamed with a bunch of monkeys throwing poo at their keyboard.

I agree Misun, but if you are going to mark there should be no more than 1 at a time. Good you got 3 healers marked so which one is being focused again 1 2 or 3?
    Abadfish@Deepwood <Philanthropy> 4/4TDQ 3/4 FT 2/5 EE Cleric DPS 61 Inquisitor 15 Defiler 0 Justicar
    Blame me it is always my fault, I don't know how but I am sure it is just the same.
    Check out my Twitch TV page, I will be streaming when ever I am logged in. www.twitch.tv/abealri

Quote Originally Posted by Abealri View Post
    I agree Misun, but if you are going to mark there should be no more than 1 at a time. Good you got 3 healers marked so which one is being focused again 1 2 or 3?
    Well usually the person who is doing the most damage on your team, is a seasoned player.

They are usually pretty great at picking targets....

Unlike say...the 20k hp dps cleric who is trying to kill the tank in the front...yeah, ignore that dps cleric and let him die. That's a mana sponge and not worth saving or helping.
    Last edited by Misun; 05-01-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    You really don't need marks in a pug warfront.

Simply find the highest damage dealer on your team and assist them with their target.

Every person should be doing this.
    I recommend Multiboxing.
    See you all in Wildstar!

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    I recommend Multiboxing.
    Vegasone through 5. Nice guy too!

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    I recommend Multiboxing.
    It's funny how there aren't 4 new posts about multiboxing per day anymore. Kind of like how there weren't any a couple months ago. I guess it wasn't really a pandemic after all.

occasionaly i see some insane players at the start of a match declare they'll be focusing on my targets.
    this kind of encourages the other members of the team to do the same.

after that, doesnt really matter who or what i target, it dies. fast.
    and i move onto the next target.

this doesnt happen very often, but when it does the results are very one sided in out favor.

so my suggestion for the OP: dont even bother with marks. declare a friendly player (prefferably a pull tank) as the guy you all focus through.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

It's almost as if you're saying coordination is useful in pvp

Code:
    clearallmarks
    Have fun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast