+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By spaceboots

Thread: To purge or not to purge!

Telaran

Default To purge or not to purge!

Hey folks. Looking to set up some k-alets for pvp. What would you consider the top 10 buffs to be purged in a WF?

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Well, there's no particular buffs that stick out but...

- any rogue buffs.
    - any cleric buffs. Mainly cleric buffs such as senti buffs and defiler buffs. Defiler with no links = useless.
    - any warrior buffs. It makes a feW people REally annoyed and Can't stop thinKing about youuuuu!

As for mages, not much anything of value to purge - unless theres a dom and they pop splits and you want to purge that just to make them annoyed.
    --BC

When I'm rolling Inquisitor, I like to purge on cooldown the following, in priority:
    1. Clerics running healing specs. Specifically Sentinels, to take out their assorted healing bonus buffs.
    2. Warriors running WL/PL and RB/T. The RB/T can throw most of their buffs back up with one button, but most of them completely fail to realize that they have lost their Avatar and 3 of 4 Blade buffs. The good ones will notice, and will probably kill you for it.
    3. Rogue anything because **** them for shooting me in the face with pointy sticks.
    4. Mages running Dominator because **** them for shackling me and om nom nomming my mana. Run down their buffs and wait for the split, then purge it immediately.
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

Marksman munitions, Chloromancer's Living Aegis, Defiler's Grief Blight (and links if they don't reapply them), Riftblade's Avatar of the Rift, basically every purgeable Harbinger buff, Warlord's Everything is a Weapon, Dominator's Split Personality and Pain Armor, Assassin poisons, Warden's Bosun's Blessing, and Nightblade's weapon enchants. And that's just off the top of my head-- almost every soul you'll ever see in PvP has some kind of important buff you can purge.

And, of course, there's a ton of short-term buffs that you should purge if you can, like Healer's Covenant. Those'll often be protected underneath other stuff like Warden HoTs, though, so you can't remove them in a timely manner.
    Last edited by Muspel; 05-01-2013 at 05:42 AM.

Fun.... purge the fun.

I personally wouldnt waste a purge on warden.
    Sentinel is probably the only heal soul in clericdom that is actually -crippled- by purging heal wise, as its a lot of buffs that must be put back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Sentinel is probably the only heal soul in clericdom that is actually -crippled- by purging heal wise, as its a lot of buffs that must be put back on.
    Blight! Best purge that doesn't get used often enough.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    Blight! Best purge that doesn't get used often enough.
    Shush, Beer! Don't tell them our secret!

Purges are a nightmare for Defiler

From links, To blight greed, To my passive damage buff

I think they should make some soul basic buffs, unpurgeable tho

But eh,

<3, Exxy

It depends on the purge cooldown, really. A Marksman should purge it, because it'll be back up again in 3 seconds. An inquisitor should probably save theirs.

Me personally, I like to get rid of : Defiler Links.

And when they reapply them, do it again, and again, and again. Then kick a kitten. They can reapply them OGCD, but most won't. In-between purging them, interrupt\silence the sentinels and kick a second kitten and start on these poor slobs buffs. I figure at this point either the defiler is wise to it and you're wasting your time or he's already been puckered.

**While kicking the kittens is not absolutely required, it does help with the mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by CericX View Post
    Me personally, I like to get rid of : Defiler Links.

And when they reapply them, do it again, and again, and again. Then kick a kitten. They can reapply them OGCD, but most won't. In-between purging them, interrupt\silence the sentinels and kick a second kitten and start on these poor slobs buffs. I figure at this point either the defiler is wise to it and you're wasting your time or he's already been puckered.

**While kicking the kittens is not absolutely required, it does help with the mindset.
    lol

/10char

<3, Exxy

As a frequent defiler, I recommend purging the links. I usually don't see it when it happens, because about 90% of the time it doesn't happen.

Note to self: set up KAlert for links.
    Last edited by Pork Star; 05-01-2013 at 07:34 AM.

As a necromancer, purging off my bone armor is a good tactic

+ Reply to Thread