+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Hungry Games - Seastone - 5/7/2012 – 6:00PM Server till whenever people get bored.

Default Hungry Games - Seastone - 5/7/2012 – 6:00PM Server till whenever people get bored.

Hello, and let me extend the invitation to Seastone’s first Hungry Games (Hunger Games is trademarked =O ). All shards are invited... nay encouraged to participate. This is an unstructured wPvP event intended to create massive/chaotic unstructured fun.

Rules:

None.

To participate:

Form a team – but be aware that you must be within your faction of Guardian or Defiant.

Flag yourself. Hop in to Ember Isle using any teleporter. Fight to the death. The arena extends to all areas of EI. High honor to those who can hold the holy PvP grounds – the Temple of Marakis. But you can stake any area of EI as your territory to play king of the hill on.

Guidelines:

We are going for a small-team-wide-scale event. There are no technical controls to implement this however so you’re on the honor system.

To keep it interesting, please keep your raid size 10 or fewer – though there is no explicit rule against a larger raid.

Try to refrain from massive zerging – but there is no explicit rule against this either.

Please try to refrain from bombing in on Guardian and Defiant cities and refrain from spawn camping. Again… no explicit rules against these actions – but ******ger activities will likely turn out very bad for the ******s anyway.

If you’re not having fun – leave.

Winning:

The only way to win is to have fun. This is just to have massive unstructured wPvP fun. It is fully expected that the event will eventually degenerate into absolute chaos. This is not only an expected outcome but almost by design.

If you are all about proving how amazing you are, set your own goal and bring your 5 man and try to wipe groups with more people than you - but most importantly keep your success and failures to yourself. Stroke your own ego. We don't care how awesome you are.

Whining:

There will always be someone who cries foul – but in this event there are no rules. Nothing is true. Everything is permitted. Even Wrathful (if it is still broken when this event rolls around). Don’t like what someone is doing? Do something about it. Break out your pitch forks and torches and go deal with the trolls. Don’t feed them.

Outnumbered? This is certainly a possibility. Don’t quit… call for more faction members to even the odds.

And may the odds be forever in your favor.

Sounds like fun! I will be there for Hungry Games- providing I find an anchor, and am flagged appropriately...
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

We will indeed need volunteer anchors for cross shard teams from both factions for this to be a success. If you are a Seastone resident willing to provide anchor services for Defiant or Guardian players of other shards, please volunteer here.

Anchor volunteers should show up at 5:30 PM server on the night of the event.

Armmageddon@Seastone - Defiant is willing to provide a team anchor service for a cross-shard Defiant team.

Hey, I've heard of this before, aren't there teams involved in this with animal logos that run around and try to out zerg eachothers zerg? Doesn't it happen like every hour or something?

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

I want volunteer to be an anchor for Defiants too.
    I think this is a good start in the right direction to get some good cross-shard wPvP action.

Rgizil wants some cross-shard wPvP too, so combining our efforts would probably be our best bet!

Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad View Post
    Hey, I've heard of this before, aren't there teams involved in this with animal logos that run around and try to out zerg eachothers zerg? Doesn't it happen like every hour or something?
    I see what you did tharrrr

/10
    Awesome game. #1 PvP.

I would love to see this happen...I'd bring guards over... would be quite interesting to see what happens
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Default Yes!!!

now this sounds like more like it, ill be there WE mofos to death.

20KCRITSONURCHIN

Great idea - I'm in! I'll be sending my best leather armor to the cleaners tonight to get out the blood stains.

Why on a Tuesday though?

I'm in!

Pridy@Faeblight - Guardian Cleric (healing)
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

didn't hunger games at least have resources to fight over?

Quote Originally Posted by I am John Galt View Post
    Great idea - I'm in! I'll be sending my best leather armor to the cleaners tonight to get out the blood stains.

Why on a Tuesday though?
    No particular reason, just the first night I actually have free. Lets see what comes of this event and talk about setting up on a better night if we make this a weekly thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerelith View Post
    No particular reason, just the first night I actually have free. Lets see what comes of this event and talk about setting up on a better night if we make this a weekly thing.
    Ah got ya. Tuesday works for me.

Let's all be sure to pump this in our guild's and local channels so we get a solid turnout.

Let's brawl!
    Last edited by I am John Galt; 04-30-2013 at 08:34 AM.

In the future, I'd suggest doing it in IPP or Shimmersand; might get a few more folks to show up, since I'd wager most folks on the PVE shards don't have their wPVP cheese from the other zones (Stillmoor of course has CQ to make up the cheese).

Just a thought.

(also, weekends please!)
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

Quote Originally Posted by Redius View Post
    In the future, I'd suggest doing it in IPP or Shimmersand; might get a few more folks to show up, since I'd wager most folks on the PVE shards don't have their wPVP cheese from the other zones (Stillmoor of course has CQ to make up the cheese).

Just a thought.

(also, weekends please!)
    That is a great idea. I intended to move it around, but helping get old school PvP achieves is definately an added benefit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast