+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: PvP Warrior

Soulwalker

Default PvP Warrior

Anyone have any good level 60 warrior 2handed Specs i could check out and what would you recommend with that build to use as a seal and for your Greater and Lessers ?

Soulwalker

also what to do with the planar attunement

Default First things first.

What level is your character?
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

Quote Originally Posted by Anathemus View Post
    What level is your character?
    he specified lvl 60...

@OP:
    what weapon you wield does not have a big influence on which build you should use, other than it being a good idea (but not essential) to equip a shield if speccing paladin.

dual wield has a slight advantage over 2hander if you use vampyric essence (death atunement).

as for builds: 61RB 15temp 0WL (or 0para) is the warrior FotM dps build.
    61 tempest is viable and does decent damage is you are a coward and are afraid of melee combat (zomg! i died in pvp! *cry*)

various mixes of WL/Pally, Champ/WL can work too.

VK is also popular if you feel like tanking in pvp and being only slightly better than mostly useless (lol a tank! let him pick up a rune vessel and drain their healers mana as it hits for 25K damage in a single tick).

dont bother with greater essences, they dont work in pvp.
    the only lesser essences that matter are the purple freelancer lesser essences off the conquest vendor in tempest bay. you'll have one of each element, and you cannot stack more than one of each type. have fun grinding CQ for the marks to buy them (note: VK is really usefull in CQ)

to begin with, get whatever str based seal you can, then at some point upgrade to the pvp seal (again, CQ vendor)

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Default lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    he specified lvl 60...
    Serves me right for trolling the forums while watching startrek reruns. derp.
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    dual wield has a slight advantage over 2hander if you use vampyric essence (death atunement).

as for builds: 61RB 15temp 0WL (or 0para) is the warrior FotM dps build.
    61 tempest is viable and does decent damage is you are a coward and are afraid of melee combat (zomg! i died in pvp! *cry*)
    I thought 61 rb was a ranged spec. (or at least it feels that way on my warrior).

Quote Originally Posted by Berzz View Post
    I thought 61 rb was a ranged spec. (or at least it feels that way on my warrior).
    it does well at range, but it does even better in melee.
    you dont get your rift strike and frost strike buffs at range.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Default Don't forget...

The faster you roll your face on the keyboard, the easier it is to Riftblade. Also, all the kool warriors have Sentinels attached to their junk. Get one as soon as possible. Its been a generation of warriors since there were warriors that could hold their own without a pocket healer. Ode to Puzzlebox.
    Last edited by Anathemus; 04-30-2013 at 04:59 AM.

The faster you roll your face on the keyboard, the easier it is to Riftblade. Also, all the kool warriors have Sentinels attached to their junk. Get one as soon as possible. Its been a generation of warriors since there were warriors that could hold their own without a pocket healer. Ode to Puzzlebox.
    Well they kind of murdered all the amazing hybrids the calling used to have, along with the other classes. Closes thing i've found to a hybrid is rb/pally, and it's clunky and mostly only used for duels. Lot of pigeon-holing these days.

Quote Originally Posted by mistacrowley420 View Post
    Well they kind of murdered all the amazing hybrids the calling used to have, along with the other classes. Closes thing i've found to a hybrid is rb/pally, and it's clunky and mostly only used for duels. Lot of pigeon-holing these days.
    it's also energy starved in 15 secs

I dont mash out that hard so I dont have energy problems with my alternate specs in pvp.
    but im startin to agree,
    you can hybrid riftblade , I use riftblade reaver in CQ when we are winning. you become energy starved when you use the FINISHERS in riftblade.
    as for what I recommend for a new 60?
    Voidknight 61
    or some Warlord variant

When you just get to 60, in your mind you will want to 100% glass cannon, and run up to the front line and 2 shot everyone and have all the healers thanking you for being awesome... thats now how it works in the actual game though. you will run up to the front line and get smoked with you 19k HP and no mitigation. Which is why I suggest something like VK so you can actually live, and get accustomed to level 60 pvp and who can kill you and where you should be and when to pull back.

by the time you outfit yourself with a full set of freelancer Id say you can move to something a bit more offensive like warlord.
    If you look at the warlord tree its BUILT for pvp. you get damage and you get hp, mobility, utility and low "DPS" but huge Burst. if this was pve and you were sitting around beating on a computer controlled mob, ya dps is the way to go! but for pvp, Warlord works because you hit people wit 8k crit king of the hill followed by an ogcd piercing thrust for 3k. so you have mobility, cooldowns. 35k hp , and you should be able to get about 3-5 kills per game and die a whole lot less.

once you get to full purple pvp gear you spec however you want and however works for you.
    Ill get flamed for telling you to start slow and defensive when leveling up, but its the honest truth and logical progression.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Champion of Telara

New warrior with low PvP rank / gear should probably do 48WL/28PL w/ 0 in Tempest (giving you touch of life to heal and shield of the vengeful for meaningful damage). You can play this in various ways.

Defend your team's healers (works great) by using your stun + pulls and DPS on any melee targets that get on them while keeping Brotherhood in Arms and Guard up to reduce the damage healers take. Over-extending warriors (non-tank) and melee rogues make great targets for this build.

You can push the enemy front line by forcing healers back and using pulls on casters to keep them from being stationary (this build has 2x pulls, one is AoE).

You can also be a great defender of objectives be it Codex banners, Karthan nodes, or Whitefall captures as this build survives a good long time in small skirmishes, and works well against rogues and other warriors where you have opportunities to block (MMs are my favorite foe to 1v1 with this build).

None of these roles will out-shine geared DPS warriors who run with Riftblade for kills or damage, but they can turn the tide of a battle, and bring victory in WFs. The spec doesn't work well in CQ because you are squishier than a full tank, and have less utility / ranged.

Also, all the kool warriors have Sentinels attached to their junk. Get one as soon as possible.
    What rank do i need to be to get one? and where do i buy it?
    See you all in Wildstar!

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    What rank do i need to be to get one? and where do i buy it?
    The Sentinel codpiece is sold only to those with rank 70+ equipment and upon achieving maximum faction with all warfront factions. You will also need to maintain at least a 10 KB record regardless of WF duration or the Sentinel codpiece will be rendered ineffective.

** Purchased product not guaranteed, and quantities are limited.
    Last edited by Patchkid; 04-30-2013 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    I dont mash out that hard so I dont have energy problems with my alternate specs in pvp.
    but im startin to agree,
    you can hybrid riftblade , I use riftblade reaver in CQ when we are winning. you become energy starved when you use the FINISHERS in riftblade.
    as for what I recommend for a new 60?
    Voidknight 61
    or some Warlord variant

When you just get to 60, in your mind you will want to 100% glass cannon, and run up to the front line and 2 shot everyone and have all the healers thanking you for being awesome... thats now how it works in the actual game though. you will run up to the front line and get smoked with you 19k HP and no mitigation. Which is why I suggest something like VK so you can actually live, and get accustomed to level 60 pvp and who can kill you and where you should be and when to pull back.

by the time you outfit yourself with a full set of freelancer Id say you can move to something a bit more offensive like warlord.
    If you look at the warlord tree its BUILT for pvp. you get damage and you get hp, mobility, utility and low "DPS" but huge Burst. if this was pve and you were sitting around beating on a computer controlled mob, ya dps is the way to go! but for pvp, Warlord works because you hit people wit 8k crit king of the hill followed by an ogcd piercing thrust for 3k. so you have mobility, cooldowns. 35k hp , and you should be able to get about 3-5 kills per game and die a whole lot less.

once you get to full purple pvp gear you spec however you want and however works for you.
    Ill get flamed for telling you to start slow and defensive when leveling up, but its the honest truth and logical progression.
    dude, you are a ****ing psycho.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast