• 4 Post By xzaar
  • 2 Post By Mei
  • 1 Post By Violacea
  • 1 Post By xzaar

Thread: Next Tournament and League Information

General of Telara

Default Next Tournament and League Information

Hey guys,

I want to thank the participants of the last tournament for coming out and showing their support. With that said, I will be organizing a second tournament that will be held on May 18th and 19th (Saturday and Sunday). So organize your teams, practice, and come take down the champs!

Also, I would like to announce that we will be starting a league following the second tournament. The rules of the league are currently being discussed, so we will keep you guys updated on that. One thing is for sure, however. Players in the league will be matched up against other players with similiar win/loss ratios. The point is to pit players of similiar skill against each other so that they can learn and grow. The league matches will be streamed and recorded on a website dedicated to the league. We will have more information on this in the future when all the details are ironed out.

If you have any suggestions for the second tournament or the league, please let me know. I want to expand the rift pvp community as much as possible. As such I pleadge to try and make the pvp events as fun as possible! I just want to leave on one final note. I am not trying to promote epeen waiving contests. I want to promote fun and highly competitive pvp. I would love your support, and I'm opened to any and all ideas/suggestions.

Thank you for taking the leadership roll that is needed, you did a wonderful job on the last event and I expect nothing less in the future. Thank you for all the hard work you put into this.
    Abadfish@Deepwood <Philanthropy> 4/4TDQ 3/4 FT 2/5 EE Cleric DPS 61 Inquisitor 15 Defiler 0 Justicar
    Blame me it is always my fault, I don't know how but I am sure it is just the same.
    Check out my Twitch TV page, I will be streaming when ever I am logged in. www.twitch.tv/abealri

Great initiative - maybe this will encourage Daglar to crack the whip on group dueling code. Player created maps with places for spectators would be far more exciting.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Mei

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    maybe this will encourage Daglar to crack the whip on group dueling code.
    Yeah...no.
    Fluent

Ascendant

I should be able to make the next one. If any team short on dps shoot me a holler

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    I should be able to make the next one. If any team short on dps shoot me a holler
    That is awesome Kiika. I intentionally made this post early to give players plenty of time to assemble teams and practice together. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Won't be able to make it, maybe find a way to watch. Hope it goes well
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

General of Telara

I just want to thank all the people who had volunteered to help organize the next tournament. We should be able to provide team brackets way before the first match, so teams know who they are up against. Also, we will have the brackets updated at the time of the tournament so viewers will know how the teams are doing as they play.

We will also have streamers on opposing teams so players can check the status of both teams at once. I will have the commentators be in their own channel to reduce the background chatter. I will also request that the commentators play music to make the even more entertaining.

Your ideas are appreciated. Please keep them coming.

+ Reply to Thread