• 1 Post By Abealri
  • 2 Post By Anathemus
  • 2 Post By Violacea
  • 1 Post By Anathemus
  • 1 Post By azabar
  • 1 Post By ilex011

Thread: Rift PVP League!!!

Default Rift PVP League!!!

In light of the awesome weekend that we had with the 5 Vs. 5 tournament and everyone clamoring for a league of some kind, I have decided to go ahead and try to get this thing going.

I have decided that even tho I am going to do 5 v 5 PVP that I will not compete in the league only do administrative work like schedules, rankings, and other things like that. It is not fair for the rest of the competition to have the administrator of the league be one of the competitors. That being said the rules and parameters of the matches need to be set by the players that will actually take part in the league. I am thinking registration should run through next Thursday morning and than I will wright schedules Thursday night and have them posted by Friday afternoon and start play the following Saturday evening.

As I said in previous posts the regular season will consist of everyone playing against everyone else 2 times. Then seeding the championship tournament with the win loss record from the regular season. With hour to two hour blocks 4 or 5 nights a week. That way we can make sure that everyone has a time around real life and raids that I can work the schedule to get the most players possible playing at their optimal time. How many teams that register will determine how long the regular season is. I was thinking two to three weeks and than a week or so for the championship tournament.

I will be getting with some of the players that participate regularly with the 5 mans and getting a set of rules together and posting them on the leagues website ASAP. Also if you want to register (only the team leader needs to register) a team you will have to do so on the website. http://riftpvpleague.enjin.com/home This will also be the place were the calendars for the scheduled events, rankings, brackets, rules, and team information will be posted and consolidated at.

Remember this is still brand new so please support this by getting a team together and registering at the website and help make E sports a reality in Rift. I will be sending a lot of you tells asking for different advice on rules and how everyone feels that it should be ran. If you have any ideas please post them here or send me a tell in game. Thank you as always and have a great day.
    ~Abadfish@deepwood http://riftpvpleague.enjin.com/home
    Abadfish@Deepwood <Philanthropy> 4/4TDQ 3/4 FT 2/5 EE Cleric DPS 61 Inquisitor 15 Defiler 0 Justicar
    Blame me it is always my fault, I don't know how but I am sure it is just the same.
    Check out my Twitch TV page, I will be streaming when ever I am logged in. www.twitch.tv/abealri

Looking for volunteers to assist me with this please!
    Abadfish@Deepwood <Philanthropy> 4/4TDQ 3/4 FT 2/5 EE Cleric DPS 61 Inquisitor 15 Defiler 0 Justicar
    Blame me it is always my fault, I don't know how but I am sure it is just the same.
    Check out my Twitch TV page, I will be streaming when ever I am logged in. www.twitch.tv/abealri

Default Easy there badfish

Be sure there is enough momentum in the populace to support this kind of thing. Keeping things fairly casual can be a good way to nurture a delicate spark within the wet tinder that is community morale. I think it is a good idea, but not sure of the timing. Though a bit of structure never hurt anything.
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

Quote Originally Posted by Abealri View Post

I have decided that even tho I am going to do 5 v 5 PVP that I will not compete in the league only do administrative work like schedules, rankings, and other things like that. It is not fair for the rest of the competition to have the administrator of the league be one of the competitors.
    Totally not true. I have known many admins of ladders who had teams themselves. The way this was kept fair was that there were multiple admins. Checks and balances I suppose and things are not sole decisions when major decisions were made (often 5 admins would get in IRC and reach a decision if it was huge). A poor and biased admin can happen just as easy if they aren't competing. A fair admin is a fair admin and I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to play as well.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-29-2013 at 11:38 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

The league is being put on hold temporarily due to further developments. An announcement will be made soon with in the next few weeks. All further tournaments that will be held will be registered at http://riftpvpleague.enjin.com/home . All brackets and dates will be posted here as well. All of the appropriate coordinators of the tournaments will have full admin rights to the site to make all of the appropriate changes needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Totally not true. I have known many admins of ladders who had teams themselves. The way this was kept fair was that there were multiple admins. Checks and balances I suppose and things are not sole decisions when major decisions were made (often 5 admins would get in IRC and reach a decision if it was huge). A poor and biased admin can happen just as easy if they aren't competing. A fair admin is a fair admin and I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to play as well.
    I am currently seeking a 5 man team to join I will be happy to compete in all competition as long as I can still do commentary as well. Someone can fill in for me while I compete if possible. I vote Baerrak!

Default From experience.

A good way to go about organizing a multi-cellular entity for any purpose, is to have a leadership core comprised of an arbitrary number of individuals with different perspectives, in who is trusted the authority to make decisions in all regards. This is the place to start. The details are resolved as a function of consensus within that council.

Corruption, grievance and change in demographic representation is then able to be dealt with fluidly by democratic fiat.
    Last edited by Anathemus; 04-29-2013 at 11:57 AM.
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

Default lulz

The league is being put on hold temporarily due to further developments. An announcement will be made soon with in the next few weeks. All further tournaments that will be held will be registered at http://riftpvpleague.enjin.com/home . All brackets and dates will be posted here as well. All of the appropriate coordinators of the tournaments will have full admin rights to the site to make all of the appropriate changes needed.

lmao failed alrdy.

No it did not fail already, getting with leadership and discussing it there are some other events happening before the inception of it, but this league is coming believe it.

Good for you, for undertaking this!
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Default ....

No it did not fail already, getting with leadership and discussing it there are some other events happening before the inception of it, but this league is coming believe it.
    i cant wait

+ Reply to Thread