+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: WTF is going on with old world pvp?!

Telaran

Default WTF is going on with old world pvp?!

So i finaly came back from few months absence because of work irl blablabla, and i must say i'm damn shocked of what have become with pvp

I know that promoting Storm Legion is a good thing, but you do realise that you shot entire continent of Mathosia in the head right?

Plz Trion let me explain what i mean. Look at those pvp achievments.

1) Homicidal Tendencies (kill 5000!!!!!!! players in IP, Shimmer and Stillmoore). Lol right. I personaly have around 2k on each atm. Know how much players i've seen on those maps in the last 5 days with Reckon pots on? ****in 0!!! That's how much. Moving on:

2) Faith Denied ( kill 50 players in Silver, Goamwood, Sanctum). Lol right x2 . I'll rather meet Regulos in fairy dress with purple wings there, than living lvl 45+ guardian that will actualy have the hairy balls to mark himself for pvp.

3) Open Season - Moonshade and Scarwood were two most pvp dead zones in entire game before Storm Legion release. Do you really expect to meet someone there now?

4) Last Line of Defence - Guardians in Meridian? See the Regulos sarcasm above.

And finaly: with what organ you thought when you decided to COMPLETELY ****IN DELETE the normal Whitefall Steppes achieves and to add this idiotic 0 skill 100% gear fatness mash 1button robotic ******** with Escalation instead?!!! Writing another 2.5 lines of script was too complicated? So the players that spended like 2 weeks - month+ of their lives trying to get those sick ones like Last Second Denial, killl 5 carriers in 1 game and Allstar on normal one, won't even see it now? *clap *clap*
    So what basicly happened is that you left ALL THE IMPOSSIBLE TO DO EVER CRAP achieves, and removed the most interesting and straight hands required one. GG Trion really. Now i see why there's only 1 more or less alive server left, and it's pve one. On 1 to 10 stupidity scale - this one is somwhere around 50.

I'll just stop writing, because francly all that comes to my mind atm is cursing and swearing in 4 different languages ><'

Telaran

Oh almost forgot. Was also really nice to find out that my r10 pvp 3.5 mil favor worth gear is now worse than lvl 51-52 green quest crap

Default Feels

Take a look at how many warfront maps we have gotten since you left ....
    I feel your pain man.

But thankfully we're getting another 10man, open world dungeon, and a whole new zone next patch ;)!
    Last edited by painal; 04-29-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Plane Walker

I just dont understand why pvp is so neglected! It has the potential to be fun for years whereas pve content has a fairly short shelflife before its completed and redundant. If they would invest the time setting up pvp arenas, open world pvp quests/objectives whatever and a good version of cq then we'd be happy for a long time. Its cruel to tease us with this great soul system and nothing remotely worthwhile to play with it!

These are all valid concerns, and I'm sure that Trion has a plan to implement a fix for....pppppppfhuueuehahahahahahahah sorry I couldn't finish. You're boned, hahahahahaa.

Ask the Devs what their favorite dessert is and I guarantee you will get a response from Elrar or Daglar before any PvP related inquiry.
    Last edited by Jacknife69; 04-30-2013 at 04:15 AM.

I've gotta say it sucks that i'll never be able to finish some of those open world PVP achievements

I like to think that I can/will get all the achievements after enough time/grind/work put in, but those ones will sit unfinished forever

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe19 View Post
    I've gotta say it sucks that i'll never be able to finish some of those open world PVP achievements

I like to think that I can/will get all the achievements after enough time/grind/work put in, but those ones will sit unfinished forever
    That's the idea. They should remove them completely. No one left to kill in Mathosia it are fact! OR to change them so they will be on double maps like Moonshade/*put some SL map name here*. But best to remove them completely because they're broken and no matter what - no one will finish them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksai View Post
    That's the idea. They should remove them completely. No one left to kill in Mathosia it are fact! OR to change them so they will be on double maps like Moonshade/*put some SL map name here*. But best to remove them completely because they're broken and no matter what - no one will finish them now.
    If you take them away though, that really screws over the people that have already gotten those achievements...and it's not fair to them at all

i like the idea of making it possible to get them in other ways, but more than that, I'd rather just have some way of getting them legitimately that actually makes sense...example...you were able to get all the stillmoor ones because of conquest...something *like* that would work (I dont' know of a perfect example of *like* in this case though)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe19 View Post

Oh I don't know about that.

The PvP community (when it isn't busy playing Forum PvP) has been taking steps to revive interest in PvP and also to create PvP activity. Seastone is having a Hungry Games competition next week (wPvP), and we have Rift 5v5 leagues now too.

But yeah, with the wPvP activities, it seems highly likely that these will be formed in IPP and SS in the future so we can beat the crap out of each other and grab some old achievs for it too.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Ascendant

Just as an aside, do the SL areas even say (Contested) underneath them when you enter a new area?

I think their intention from the very beginning of SL was to throw PvP under a bus.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    Just as an aside, do the SL areas even say (Contested) underneath them when you enter a new area?
    No. I have not seen a single contested area in SL.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    No. I have not seen a single contested area in SL.
    I thought not. I was just watching that Gitsune video that was posted on the Pyro thread, and since I spend most of my time in SL areas, I suddenly realised: oh hey, Ember Isle has a (Contested) under it - and then remembered that I don't think I'd seen that in any SL areas.

This is extremely bad for us PvPers, because it doesn't just show that we are receiving less attention due to less attention being given to the game, but that there is a conscious decision not to give us any attention.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

They should add a tag that says "Dragon Slaying Buddies Area" for the SL zones.

Open world PVP achieves are easy as hell to both get and cheese.

Find an opposite faction friend. Spawn camp them. Let them return the favor.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast