+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: thoughts on 61 pyro builds

  1. #1
    Telaran Lifari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    50

    Default thoughts on 61 pyro builds

    Been playing my mage more now since pyro changes. Been looking at possible options for the other 15 points. Have come up with a few options some better than others.

    1. 61 pyro, 8 dom 7 harb. This picks up the 5m extra range the only thing Id consider essential plus 3 pts in accumen. Apart from the int boost this gives reflective command albeit on 10 sec cd plus charged shield tho not great will give a buffer for your pyro buffs if being stripped.
    The harb points give plus spell power and small run speed bonus. The hard abilities tho no use as u wont be using eldritch armour.

    2. 61 pyro 15 dom 0 ancharon. With this build Id max accumen and pick up 5 pts in making reflective command 0 sec cd. Wldnt use arresting presence due to dr issues. 0 sec cd on reflective wld be great vs other pyros in particular. I read somewhere that 0 ancharon reduces chance of being purged but unable to see that anywhere in the soul tree.

    Other options

    3. 61 pyro 10 dom 5 ele. Dom to max range and pick up accumen. Ele for +5% to crit. Dbout this is better tham build 1. Burning fury helps pyro crit rate, maybe this would be better if u had a fair bit of + crit power? Without testing Id say its prob not better than build 1.

    4. 61 pyro 9 dom 6 ancharon. Ancharon points in soulfire and flowing sand. Flowing sand terrible cd tho nice snare + runspeed bonus. Pyro already pretty mobile tho. Main threat is rdps and rs rogues, who are unlikely to be bothered about this as will be purged or ported put of.

    5. Total wild card. 61 pyro 10 lock 5 dom. 5pts dom for range. 10 lock for 25% charge bonus, snd 10% stamina. No bonus to damage here. Lock abilities pretty useless compared to what u have. Extra charge nice tho as is 10% hp.

    Overall prefer the first two builds. Thoughts?

    Lifari 59 Mage

    Liffster 60 Rogue rank 80

    Icewatch

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,064

    Default

    As weird as it sounds I run with 61 pyro 8 chloro and 7 archon. The 8 chloro is a slight dps loss but the pyro is so powerful now its not that noticeable. It gives a nice healing dot (withering vines), small heal procs from the veil, and an instant bloom. The main reasoning behind this is I los a lot and heal up whenever I can. I mostly pug so no pockethealer here. If I'm in a fight and kill someone for instance and their teammate is about to kill me as an easy snipe I'll snare or stun them, use the archon debuff/buff speed boost, then run and heal up. Its helped me stay alive just long enough to escape many a time.

    If I had a pocket healer it would probably be 61 pyro, 7 harb, 8 archon. Speed helps but who cares about the extra 5 meters for range when you are getting healed up and chasing people to their deaths.

    Oh and I think the archon resist isn't a resist-at least I didn't see one either. I think its from Searing vitality giving you stacks of endurance. Getting purged they'll have to go through these stacks of endurance first is what I'm thinking the purge resist really is. Someone else who knows can chime in though.

  3. #3
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    As weird as it sounds I run with 61 pyro 8 chloro and 7 archon. The 8 chloro is a slight dps loss but the pyro is so powerful now its not that noticeable. It gives a nice healing dot (withering vines), small heal procs from the veil, and an instant bloom. The main reasoning behind this is I los a lot and heal up whenever I can. I mostly pug so no pockethealer here. If I'm in a fight and kill someone for instance and their teammate is about to kill me as an easy snipe I'll snare or stun them, use the archon debuff/buff speed boost, then run and heal up. Its helped me stay alive just long enough to escape many a time.

    If I had a pocket healer it would probably be 61 pyro, 7 harb, 8 archon. Speed helps but who cares about the extra 5 meters for range when you are getting healed up and chasing people to their deaths.

    Oh and I think the archon resist isn't a resist-at least I didn't see one either. I think its from Searing vitality giving you stacks of endurance. Getting purged they'll have to go through these stacks of endurance first is what I'm thinking the purge resist really is. Someone else who knows can chime in though.
    The chloro veil means that you will not get any heals from other chloros.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple Mauzeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    157

    Default

    I use 61 pyro/10 archon/5 harb, for maximum gifts bonuses, upgraded PS and flowing sands.
    Last edited by Mauzeer; 04-29-2013 at 06:26 AM.
    Evandro, Retired

  5. #5
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    600

    Default

    61 pyro is a pure dps build, so I think the only question is: max range or max damage?

    If you're going for raw damage, 61pyro/5harb/10archon.

    If you want max range, 61pyro/7harb/8dom.

    Chloro is a waste. Your veil will prevent other chloros from healing you, none of your healing abilities will be worth a global mid-fight, and those abilities won't save you nearly often enough to compensate for all of the times you need a few extra % damage.

  6. #6
    Prophet of Telara Berzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,149

    Default

    6 points in archon is pretty clutch for a 61 pt Pyro build. (flowing sand)

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Berzz View Post
    6 points in archon is pretty clutch for a 61 pt Pyro build. (flowing sand)
    Can you link what this build would look like?

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    14

    Default lots off builds to play with pyro

    hi,

    i use 61 pyro 15 lock zero stormcaller(electrocute) and some good macro,s for me it works lots of cinderburst some dots the stun or burn i use not much cause lots are immune.

    lock for the charge and the reset 8% for spells and grasp dark touch lifeleech draining bolt

    the harbringer to get more spellpower or the archon thing i not like

    greetings flater

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser Fryday's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    363

    Default

    I can't believe no one has said anything about 11 pts in sc for Ride the Wind. The change that was made to this ability means you can keep 50% run speed up 100% during engagements. PA + insoles and you're playing roadrunner to all those coyotes. I think the only time I stop moving is to cast Fusillade and to hard cast Fire Ball before hitting Extinguish. (so you get 3 FB hits) The change to Flame Volley being castable on the move goes well with this setup. Icy Vortex, with a 1 min cd is also a solid escape tool and stacks with Burning Shield.

    11 sc feels like the old school pyrocaller, minus going oom all the time.

    edit: I can see this getting nerfed in some way.
    Last edited by Fryday; 04-29-2013 at 11:27 PM.

  10. #10
    Telaran Lifari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Some interesting ideas. Thanks to those who have replied. I think I will try variations using dom ancharon and harb as sub souls to find what works best for me, though I suspect its situational rather than a case of one being better than another.

    While its true pyro has decent mobility and cc Im finding alot of the time when I need to pop that quick stun the melee in question is imune and the gcd I lose can be crucial.

    The idea of using sc was intetesting. But looking at the tree you get 5/5 in high voltage, icy vortex making 6. The other 4 points needed before u can pick up ride would from what I can see wld be mostly wasted. Extra aoe damage is ok but mostly meh. Cld have missed something as still relatively new here, but wld say sc would be a much sweeter pairing with a dom spec?

    Lifari 59 Mage

    Liffster 60 Rogue rank 80

    Icewatch

  11. #11
    Ascendant BishopX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,622

    Default

    I use 18 archon because I like empowered aegis and crumblin resist!

    at first I missed having the double fireball opener but at this point all I do is spam extinguish fireballls ANYWAY so why go with 61 unless you are in pve with someone standing over you with a raid meter?

    I couldnt live without flowing sand
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    Good players time their double fireball proc for hard hitting spells ie Fulm, CB and Fulli (2 Fireballs and the hard hitter all landing at once). Yes, it is important to use the 61pt skill.

    I use 15 archon for the extra crit so I can also have a 0pt ability from a useful tree. Personally I can't be ****ed using Strength of Stone though.
    Last edited by Tookmyjob; 04-30-2013 at 08:41 AM.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Fujitasix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    I use 18 archon because I like empowered aegis and crumblin resist!

    at first I missed having the double fireball opener but at this point all I do is spam extinguish fireballls ANYWAY so why go with 61 unless you are in pve with someone standing over you with a raid meter?

    I couldnt live without flowing sand
    I'm pretty new to pyro, but it seems for pvp the 61 point armor isn't a substantial improvement over the 20% cinder burst procs, and that means I'll instantly be going 18 warlock for Fear that doesn't break on damage. With roots and hard CC on separate DRs, it's going to be mighty easy to line up that burst.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fryday View Post
    I can't believe no one has said anything about 11 pts in sc for Ride the Wind. The change that was made to this ability means you can keep 50% run speed up 100% during engagements.
    Gitsune was the first mage to discover this ability way back in the day: video

    As he said back then, not enough mages realize the power of RTW.

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser Fryday's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    Gitsune was the first mage to discover this ability way back in the day: video

    As he said back then, not enough mages realize the power of RTW.
    Those of you criticizing throwing away points in sc for RTW don't understand how much this ability increases your survivability and it gives you that advantage of being in the right place at the right time. I don't understand why players do this Min/Maxing BS in pvp. Yes damage is important, however being alive and applying that damage to the right target is more important than critting 5% more or getting more FBs spammed via Opp procs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts