+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 4 Post By xzaar
  • 5 Post By lol r u mad
  • 1 Post By Dahliablood

Thread: Participants/Spectators: What you need to know about today's tournament event

General of Telara

Default Participants/Spectators: What you need to know about today's tournament event

1) What is banned?

Wrathful Exuberance is banned from this tournament. Any team using it will be disqualified.

2) Team Registration

If you wish to participate in the tournament, please register your team by 3 pm server. 3 pm is the cut off time, because we have to start bracketing prior to tournament time if we are going to start on time.

3) How is the tournament bracketed?

We are doing a 12 team double elimination bracket system. The brackets will be divided into winner and loser brackets.

4) How do we determine who wins a matchup?

This is a 5v5 death match event. Teams have the entire duration of the WF to fight. When one team successfully wipes the other 5 man, they are awarded 1 point. When the WF ends, the team with the most points win.

With that said, if a player dies during the fight THEY CANNOT RESPAWN AND RUN BACK MID FIGHT. Battle rez may be used to bring players back. If a player is caught running back mid fight, the other team is automatically awarded one point.

5) Where should spectators in the match stand?

The match is being played in Black Garden. The participants are to fight in the middle fang area. As a result spectators in the match are to stand on the walls. This will give them an overview of the action but distance them so that teams will have have targeting issues.

6) The "filler" requirement

If your team is not participating in a match up, we may ask you to join the wf as spectators to take up pug slots. This will ensure that pug slots do not get filled. It is important so that the match does not get interrupted.

7) Team/Individual Interviews

We encourage participants to be available 2-3 hours prior to tournament to do interviews. The interviews will be streamed and it will allow spectators to get to know the participants.

8) Streaming information

We will make a separate post with links once our streamers have finish setting up. Please note that we may have multiple pairings play at once, so you will need to watch multiple streams to catch all the action.

9) Assigning Teams

At 8 pm server, we will be streaming the process we use to determine the initial team pairings. It is at this time that spectators will know who play each other, and the match line.

10) Having Fun

This tournament is not about winning or losing, it is about having fun and being competitive. Do your best to win, but have fun. You are playing rift on a Saturday night after all!

Good Luck Participants!
    Last edited by xzaar; 04-27-2013 at 06:29 AM.

General of Telara

I also want to add that you cannot change your team roster once the tournament has started. You are stuck with who you registered with.

I really love watching e-sports, so I appreciate everything you're trying to do here. I hope we can do more of these in the future

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Cool Eye of the Tiger

Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad View Post
    I really love watching e-sports, so I appreciate everything you're trying to do here. I hope we can do more of these in the future
    Should we have music play everytime someone dies like they do in baseball for strike outs?

Eye of the Tiger for the winning team will be played
    Last edited by Meaghanne; 04-27-2013 at 12:14 PM.
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

I think there should be a prize for the team that comes last.
    Awesome game. #1 PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by LolitaSpanky View Post
    I think there should be a prize for the team that comes last.
    There's plenty enough plat to go around to give each team at least a couple hundred.

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    There's plenty enough plat to go around to give each team at least a couple hundred.
    That's actually a really sweet and better idea.

I feel like hugging everyone participating.
    Awesome game. #1 PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    That would be awesome.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

+ Reply to Thread