+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Petition to Devs

Shadowlander

Default Petition to Devs

I would like to petition that the Devs of Rift participate in WFs to help open their eyes to the priority of which needs fixing and which can wait. Right now cross healing is out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by HawkOmega View Post
    I would like to petition that the Devs of Rift participate in WFs to help open their eyes to the priority of which needs fixing and which can wait. Right now cross healing is out of control.
    agree with first part. healing is fine play the right specs focus fire and cc.

Cross healing? Not going to aim for say broken wrathful exuberance or rift spear or shock pulse..but instead you're going to go for Cross Healing? Your time I guess.
    Let's tack on marking people and premades and multiboxing and slip away and squirreling and harbingers ridiculous stun and dom's arresting presence. Probably deaden from rogue too. Rogues 1s GCD is certainly an outlier, mages not having a tank spec, and why the hell warriors don't have a full healing soul O.o!

**Yes, there is some sarcasm in this post**
    Last edited by CericX; 04-26-2013 at 08:37 AM.

Shadowlander

That is my opinion and to me i feel cross healing is a bit too much in Wfs atm. You can agree or disagree thats fine but I just want the devs to do WFs to feel their changes 1st hand. Things looks good on paper but once you get 1st hand experience in live situations you can get a better picture.

Cross-DPS is the real problem IMO. How am I supposed to heal through a Nysyr's Rebuke, Rapid Fire Shot and Flame Volley at the same time!?

Ascendant

That is my opinion and to me i feel cross healing is a bit too much in Wfs atm. You can agree or disagree thats fine but I just want the devs to do WFs to feel their changes 1st hand. Things looks good on paper but once you get 1st hand experience in live situations you can get a better picture.
    The changes are made for pve purposes. There never was a piece of paper labeled for pvp changes. Your misconception is the first problem.

New wfs with spaced out objectives would almost eliminate cross healing, especially if the advantage wasnt in running as one group. Kind of like codex you can win with 3 and if the other team wants to sit on dex they losr. They have to split to keep dex and attain one more. Space things out even more and the pvp is a lot better.

They do participate in WFs- both on live and on the PTS.

Having said that, coding changes of any kind take time. You can't just change a few lines without making sure the changes don't impact anything else in a negative way.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    Cross-DPS is the real problem IMO. How am I supposed to heal through a Nysyr's Rebuke, Rapid Fire Shot and Flame Volley at the same time!?
    so 50% say cross healing is the problem, people dont die, other 50% say cross dps is the problem, people die to fast and healing doestn do ****.

loss loss situation for devs ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    so 50% say cross healing is the problem, people dont die, other 50% say cross dps is the problem, people die to fast and healing doestn do ****.

loss loss situation for devs ^^
    Rift PvP Forums: Fair and Balanced.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    The changes are made for pve purposes. There never was a piece of paper labeled for pvp changes. Your misconception is the first problem.

New wfs with spaced out objectives would almost eliminate cross healing, especially if the advantage wasnt in running as one group. Kind of like codex you can win with 3 and if the other team wants to sit on dex they losr. They have to split to keep dex and attain one more. Space things out even more and the pvp is a lot better.
    I never specified there was a piece of paper labeld PVP changes but what they change in PVE affects PVP as a result, thus they have to re-tweak the changes for pvp specific by buffing or nerfing for pvp situations. Those buffs and nerfs need 1st experience.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    They do participate in WFs- both on live and on the PTS.

Having said that, coding changes of any kind take time. You can't just change a few lines without making sure the changes don't impact anything else in a negative way.
    I believe thats what testing is for....

Ascendant

I never specified there was a piece of paper labeld PVP changes but what they change in PVE affects PVP as a result, thus they have to re-tweak the changes for pvp specific by buffing or nerfing for pvp situations. Those buffs and nerfs need 1st experience.
    One would think they would. I guess obviously they dont is an understatement? The pvp paper bit was just joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    Traitorous Influence, Mass Betrayal, Priests Lament, Squirrel, Mana Wrench, Arresting Presence, Deaden, Choking Gas Bomb, Interrupt, Interrupt...

I'm pretty sure you're not actually supposed to be able to heal Pork Star. You're just supposed to be free favor for the button mashers.

Oh look, another nerf healing thread.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    Oh look, another nerf healing thread.

Going to happen a lot when players have weeklies to do and how easy it is to just stack up 6+ healers ftw. Results don't lie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast