+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MoonfireSpam

Thread: How does Hit affect Parry/Dodge/Block in PvP

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    32

    Default How does Hit affect Parry/Dodge/Block in PvP

    Hey Guys!

    Does it make any sense to Spec into Talents that increase Parry, Dodge or Block in PvP or does Hit negate all of it?

  2. #2
    Ascendant MoonfireSpam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,730

    Default

    PvP normalization means that you're forced into a base set of pvp gear if you're not wearing any pvp gear while in a warfront.

    Which means everyone has 75 hit, unless they specifically runed their gear for more hit.

    At 75 hit, you counter 25% dodge/parry/block/deflect. That's a generous portion more than what your average opponent would have given the post-SL nerf to dodge and parry rating.

    Essentially, you would have to have a greater-than-25% chance of dodge/parry/block in order for you to have any chance at all of avoiding anything in pvp combat.

    If your spec bumps your dodge from 10% to 15%, then its completely worthless. But if it bumps it from 10% to 15% AND has a CD (say, side steps) that ups your dodge by another 50% (to a total of 65%,) then its useful for the duration of side steps.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Thank you, Moon!

  4. #4
    Ascendant MoonfireSpam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,730

    Default

    I'm bad at math; 75 hit negates 15% dodge/parry/block! Not 25%.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Hey!

    I do have another Question regarding this Topic.
    How exactly do these 75 Hit / 15% Hit work?
    If i have 15% Block / 5% Dodge / 5% Parry, does 15% Hit negate all of it?
    Is this a System that works like:
    15% Hit against 15% Block - No Block left
    15% Hit against 5% Dodge - No Dodge left
    15% Hit against 5% Parry - No Parry left

    Or does it counts all the Block/Dodge/Parry together like:
    15% Hit against 25% Block/Dodge/Parry - 10% Chance to avoid an Attack

    Does the Hit Chance roll against every kind of Avoidance on its own or does it roll against the total sum of Avoidance?

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser Kelebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Individual roles.
    Marrow of Seastone (Cleric-Main)
    Kelebra of Seastone (Mage-Alt)
    Remorse of Seastone (Warrior-Alt)
    Nine of Seastone (Rogue-Alt)

  7. #7
    Ascendant MoonfireSpam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelebra View Post
    Individual roles.
    rolls*

    But yes, what he said.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts