+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes
  • 8 Post By Soul sky
  • 2 Post By AceinHole
  • 1 Post By Misun

Thread: I like Rift PvP

Default I like Rift PvP

Balance can be annoying.

It was annoying when I started back in #1.2 and I remember playing Chloromancer in the 40's bracket and this Marksman put some debuff on me which increased the cast time of my Bloom and he interrupted me literally 20 times in a row somehow (I was a noob back then, don't know what it was)

It was annoying when I rocked Stormcaller-Pyro with 100% uptime on Ride the Wind and Flicker yet Riftblades would Rift walk 7 times in a row around the map after me while immune to every CC.

It was annoying when I would time a Countdown + Fireball + Fulminate + Flame Bolt to hit within a 1 second window against a Warden who would lose just over half of his health then immediately tick back to full HP via HoTs while Waterjetting me to death.

It was annoying when amazing abilities like Flame Jet and Incompetence were removed and thus denting specs which PvP playstyle revolved around them.

Sure, things happen. They take longer than they should to be fixed, or they don't get fixed or whatever. That is how MMOs work. But I'm still playing competitively in #2.2 and not bored.

I had fun facetanking as a Chlorolock, running circles around the Translation Scope rock making 10 people waste several minutes to try kill me while my team caps everything.

I had fun being the only person I knew to abuse Building Storm Stormcaller back in time.

I've never forgotten moments like when 2 Assassins and a Riftblade were chasing me at the Codex - Juggling 4 charge consumers barely hovering above zero charge - Storm Shield to build 3 Electrified on all -> Ride the Wind toggled (back when it had a viable charge toggle/no cool-down) -> Building Storm toggled (for enough stacks to force a ubercrit -> Absolute zero(instant Arctic blast)-> Nenvin's Lament(100% crit chance) -> Static Flux -> Arctic Blast + Lightning Field. Did something crazy like 4800 damage on all 3 targets + extra AoE from LF, killing them, as I ran off on low health. They just lay there like WTF XD

I had fun playing a Conquest premade - 20 of us on Teamspeak - rotating Reflective presence between 3 Mages for 100% uptime Reflect on our raid charging up the hill towards Oathsworn spawn pushing back 60+ people. ''Val: Reflect up on Yobi. '' ''Dunced: Reflect on yobi'' ''Parabellum guy: Reflect up on yobi!''

Had fun standing in Sanctum for hours and hours accepting hundreds of duel requests as a Chlorodom - 100p if they win. No one won. Some real good players too. Until Mels specced Voidnight and mana drained me after 10 minutes. Heh

Going Harbinger with Dunced and both opening from stealth with Empyrean Ascension to assist each other chain stunning poor Clerics.

Or as recent as this morning - when conquest is dead, 7 of us join Oathsworn and wipe 26 dominions several times. Switching Synthesis nearly every 5 seconds and using every cooldown available to help keep everyone up with a Sent and another Chloro.

Anyway the point is - yeah there are a lot of flaws, but I know I wouldn't be here 2 years later without the pvp. As neglected as this game is from pvp content - it is still awesome for what it is. Well, unless your skill is of the calibre of standing in one spot and back peddling to death. Yeah, not so much for you.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Telaran

I enjoy rift PvP too, despite all the stick it got and lack of attention from the dev. Mainly so because I am a casual player. Wf queues r almost instant. Many combos u can try out with souls. I can log in, enjoy my dosage of PvP, n log out.

May not be everyone cup of tea. But I like it. Now.... Give us PvP IA!!!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Movesie View Post
    I enjoy rift PvP too, despite all the stick it got and lack of attention from the dev. Mainly so because I am a casual player. Wf queues r almost instant. Many combos u can try out with souls. I can log in, enjoy my dosage of PvP, n log out.

May not be everyone cup of tea. But I like it. Now.... Give us PvP IA!!!
    What do you mean by PvP IA?

Like a random open world pvp WF type instance much like the IAs or to PVEers now. I believe that is what was meant. Great Idea! They que it zones them in it gives you the green circle like IAs do and some kind of objective for the two teams to fight over in the middle.
    Abadfish@Deepwood <Philanthropy> 4/4TDQ 3/4 FT 2/5 EE Cleric DPS 61 Inquisitor 15 Defiler 0 Justicar
    Blame me it is always my fault, I don't know how but I am sure it is just the same.
    Check out my Twitch TV page, I will be streaming when ever I am logged in. www.twitch.tv/abealri

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    Balance can be annoying.

It was annoying when I started back in #1.2 and I remember playing Chloromancer in the 40's bracket and this Marksman put some debuff on me which increased the cast time of my Bloom and he interrupted me literally 20 times in a row somehow (I was a noob back then, don't know what it was)

It was annoying when I rocked Stormcaller-Pyro with 100% uptime on Ride the Wind and Flicker yet Riftblades would Rift walk 7 times in a row around the map after me while immune to every CC.

It was annoying when I would time a Countdown + Fireball + Fulminate + Flame Bolt to hit within a 1 second window against a Warden who would lose just over half of his health then immediately tick back to full HP via HoTs while Waterjetting me to death.

It was annoying when amazing abilities like Flame Jet and Incompetence were removed and thus denting specs which PvP playstyle revolved around them.

Sure, things happen. They take longer than they should to be fixed, or they don't get fixed or whatever. That is how MMOs work. But I'm still playing competitively in #2.2 and not bored.

I had fun facetanking as a Chlorolock, running circles around the Translation Scope rock making 10 people waste several minutes to try kill me while my team caps everything.

I had fun being the only person I knew to abuse Building Storm Stormcaller back in time.

I've never forgotten moments like when 2 Assassins and a Riftblade were chasing me at the Codex - Juggling 4 charge consumers barely hovering above zero charge - Storm Shield to build 3 Electrified on all -> Ride the Wind toggled (back when it had a viable charge toggle/no cool-down) -> Building Storm toggled (for enough stacks to force a ubercrit -> Absolute zero(instant Arctic blast)-> Nenvin's Lament(100% crit chance) -> Static Flux -> Arctic Blast + Lightning Field. Did something crazy like 4800 damage on all 3 targets + extra AoE from LF, killing them, as I ran off on low health. They just lay there like WTF XD

I had fun playing a Conquest premade - 20 of us on Teamspeak - rotating Reflective presence between 3 Mages for 100% uptime Reflect on our raid charging up the hill towards Oathsworn spawn pushing back 60+ people. ''Val: Reflect up on Yobi. '' ''Dunced: Reflect on yobi'' ''Parabellum guy: Reflect up on yobi!''

Had fun standing in Sanctum for hours and hours accepting hundreds of duel requests as a Chlorodom - 100p if they win. No one won. Some real good players too. Until Mels specced Voidnight and mana drained me after 10 minutes. Heh

Going Harbinger with Dunced and both opening from stealth with Empyrean Ascension to assist each other chain stunning poor Clerics.

Or as recent as this morning - when conquest is dead, 7 of us join Oathsworn and wipe 26 dominions several times. Switching Synthesis nearly every 5 seconds and using every cooldown available to help keep everyone up with a Sent and another Chloro.

Anyway the point is - yeah there are a lot of flaws, but I know I wouldn't be here 2 years later without the pvp. As neglected as this game is from pvp content - it is still awesome for what it is. Well, unless your skill is of the calibre of standing in one spot and back peddling to death. Yeah, not so much for you.
    Wish i could say the same val enjoyed playing against you over the past few years as one of the only good mages to come up against unfortunately this game doesnt do it for me anymore.

Have always been a fan of the dynamic, unpredictable nature of PvP encounters.

With Rift's versatile spec system, fast paced combat (in MMORPG terms) and almost instant wf

pops this has become my greatest digital time sink
    Last edited by Avind; 04-25-2013 at 09:14 AM.

Jiva@Faeblight
    <is Defenseless>

Ascendant

I think most of us who post and read here like rift PvP. Otherwise we wouldn't waste our time. My complaint is not with Rift PvP but with the lack of support by Trion.

Great pvp rules set, subpar execution. Lots of fun but just not enough to do in pvp.

Wouldn't a Mordred server be awesome in Rift with this rule set?

Quote Originally Posted by I am John Galt View Post
    Great pvp rules set, subpar execution. Lots of fun but just not enough to do in pvp.

Wouldn't a Mordred server be awesome in Rift with this rule set?
    A few of us have talked and wish that an andred/mordred ruleset would be in place on pvp servers.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Speaking of pvp...

There's news of a *new* forum coming out!

for eso
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

+ Reply to Thread