+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Some thoughts on pyro changes

Default Some thoughts on pyro changes

Note: This is from playing pyro.

Most of the PvP changes to pyro are reasonable, from what I've been able to tell so far. Reasonable as in, in line with other classes in PvP. Extinguish is absurd though. 20 second cooldown is like every other heartbeat in pug PvP. What's that, you want to cast fireballs quickly? Why stand still when you can use Extinguish.

Extinguish should be more like 45-60 seconds because 1) Instant fireballs on hand too frequently defeats the point of fireball cast-times being reduced and 2) Although the burst of Extinguish is not particularly impressive on its own, when coupled with the other big burst options that pyro gets, it's having the cake and eating it too.

if you want pyros to be mobile (which they should be) to compete with other DPS in PvP, a 20 second CD ability is not the answer. I'm sure it has a rationale that extends to PvE and doesn't pertain to any of this, but it's kind of a silly way to handle burst damage.

In short, 1.5 second cast time = awesome, Extinguish = bad.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled bugged abilities. *cough*clerics*cough*

Ascendant

First off my main is a mage r70 that I haven't played in a while due to mages being overall gimp.

That being said pyro is too powerful in my opinion. I just jumped on it and ran around in an even matched KR where we lost, was top KB's @16 coming in late over people like tookmyjob who consistanly play mage and I've been running around with all 4 callings (usually takes you a while to get back into the swing of things). I also was top kb's the prior Wf easy.

Why I think its over the top? In a nutshell you have super fast damage consistently. There isn't a stop to it really. Speed boost the fireballs to 50% from 1.5 seconds then cast instant 5 fireballs while moving on a 20 sec cd then withering flames or anal beads of fire or flame bolt and inferno whenever they are 40% or lower. If you don't like that simply snare them or stun them (1 ST 1 aoe), constantly buff your shield, fulminate and fullisade.

I've not even gotten it fully down yet and am missing a couple abilities I'm not using but thats it in a nutshell. Its mowing things down as fast or faster then a RB, and that's not where I would like to see our TTK go.

That being said they should have implemented 2 things, taken a look at it, added again if needed, etc. Why did they add like 6 changes at once? A-typical way of fixing pve that makes sweeping changes in pvp.

This isn't a hate vs. pyro post, but one that says pull back some of the changes its too good now too easy.

pyro is too powerful.
    I said it was fine before and everyone kept pushing and pushing for more and more buffs and easier anad easier to use. and NOW look where we are?
    see when its fine, just let it stay! now we will get hit with the damn nerf bat again and go back to uselessness.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Pyro is fine. It still cannot compete with equally skilled MMs. Demonmind vs Nuku video will show how "powerful" Pyro is if they ever duel lol

Edit: I'd put money on Nuku winning easily mainly because Fulliscade can be deadened and Pyros can be LoSed while MMs hit harder per global than Pyros minus Fulminate which is a gimmick.
    Last edited by Pesmergia; 04-25-2013 at 01:07 AM.
    Martym@Seastone Rank 82 Mage
    Munstane - R83 Warrior -Godlike Awesomeness- @ Deepwood
    YUBERXMEGA R80 Cleric - Terrible Idea @ Deepwood
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5129/3548n.jpg

Pyro is still worse than Riftblade, it's just complete moron-mode.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    Pyro is fine. It still cannot compete with equally skilled MMs. Demonmind vs Nuku video will show how "powerful" Pyro is if they ever duel lol

Edit: I'd put money on Nuku winning easily mainly because Fulliscade can be deadened and Pyros can be LoSed while MMs hit harder per global than Pyros minus Fulminate which is a gimmick.
    Duels vs. a WF. Are you really basing a soul's viability in a Wf on a duel 1v1?

That aside the pyro can cast some pretty decent instants now. Granted it will have to use a channeled or cast-time ability, but it has some hard-hitting abilities. The pyro just might burst down the MM if he saves his break free and stuns him.

Great example Demonmind beat me on my inq in a duel. I owned him in a WF. Why? His dueling spec isn't his WF spec is one reason. Duels are generally out in the open for another so no LOS which is huge if you dot people or have instant shots or heals (even small ones) or cleanses. There are also other players to contend with so you build differently to survive. 1v1 is a horrible way to measure anything imo.

I want to buy old Pyro-dom back sans the old RP. The changes to fireball have not made it any better.

Ascendant

I think pyro's power is ok, but I'm not a fan of all these instants.. It feels like fps mode.

I swear everytime mage gets a buff the QQers come out of the wood works shouting for the nerf bat
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Im glad pyro got a buff and its good that a lot of their spells are either casted quicker or are instant. its more in line with other classes abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    I swear everytime mage gets a buff the QQers come out of the wood works shouting for the nerf bat
    The OP is sharing thoughts on a soul that s/he plays....is that considered QQ?
    Last edited by Avind; 04-25-2013 at 05:36 AM.

Jiva@Faeblight
    <is Defenseless>

Soulwalker

needs moar buff

Why do automatically assume my post is directed towards the OP?
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    Why do automatically assume my post is directed towards the OP?
    It was a (what I consider) logical assumption since it was not addressed to anyone.

What post was it in reference to?

The reason I ask is imo the posts in this thread do not strike me as "QQ"

Jiva@Faeblight
    <is Defenseless>

Quote Originally Posted by Avind View Post
    It was a (what I consider) logical assumption since it was not addressed to anyone.

What post was it in reference to?

The reason I ask is imo the posts in this thread do not strike me as "QQ"
    no, just yours
    no point, no reason, just a whinge
    who took my names!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast