+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: Wrathful Exuberance Is Balanced

Default Wrathful Exuberance Is Balanced

You still like all my kbs that KR you son of a ***** i knew it was you!!! <3
    Last edited by Thedarkside; 04-24-2013 at 09:45 PM.

I am a jelly donut filled with jellly beans.
    Awesome game. #1 PvP.

61 sentinel gripes

Hell ya it is! Welcome your new Sentinel Overlords! Muahahaha! Betting on hotfix 4/26 first thing. During the same hotfix RB's will remain unaltered.

LoL! I saw a crit for 23850!

I'll laugh if this goes for more than a day. I'll cry if it goes for more than a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerelith View Post
    LoL! I saw a crit for 23850!

I'll laugh if this goes for more than a day. I'll cry if it goes for more than a week.
    Oh no, its a cleric bug. Im surprised the servers werent brought down already. It will be fixed by tomorrow.

This stuff had been around, its just more obvious now that they effectively buffed the damage portion of the ability... and apparently removed the damage cap for god knows what reason. It seems like the damage calculation is taking the pre-adjusted healing values instead of the -55% healing in pvp... converting that to damage, and then the damage is flat out ignoring valor.

The old version ignored valor as well, but was never an issue as the damage was capped at a few thousand.

Indirect damage effects through procs had almost always been unaffected by Valor or any other form of pvp damage reduction. Weapon procs, trinket procs, etc.

Over time they got fixed or band-aid patched (like item procs... it has no real valor reduction. They just do a flat 2/3rd of their stated effects to players.)

Stuff like this fiasco with Wrathful Exuberance only happens because all of their previous fixes were essentially band aid fixes. The actual issue was never addressed. I'm sure they'll 'fix' this issue soon. Probably with another band-aid fix like slapping a damage cap on it. But there will be a next time. And a time after that... and a time after that.

Delicious spaghetti code.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 04-24-2013 at 11:01 PM.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Ascendant

lol I'll admit that on my alts I intentionally heal "inefficiently" in hopes to heal bomb burst someone to death.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

clerics were only overpowered ONCE in 2 years of rift, remember the cabbalist changes? wiping out entire raids solo in under 10 seconds was fun! that lasted all of 6 days. I remember I used vacation days to enjoy it all.
    this is time number 2.
    everyone take your sick days now... people complained about not enough healers eh?

TO ARMS my fellow priest..... locked and loaded!!
    Last edited by BishopX; 04-24-2013 at 11:11 PM.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    clerics were only overpowered ONCE in 2 years of rift, remember the cabbalist changes? wiping out entire raids solo in under 10 seconds was fun! that lasted all of 6 days. I remember I used vacation days to enjoy it all.
    this is time number 2.
    everyone take your sick days now... people complained about not enough healers eh?

TO ARMS my fellow priest..... locked and loaded!!
    ... once? Maybe if you only considered offensive power. But don't tell me you have already forgotten the relatively recent river of tears about nysyrs.

As far as healing goes, there's the relatively recent practically indestructible Defilers. Clerics had a multitude of overpowered specs over the existence of the game; many of which eventually prompted balance changes and/or class mechanics changes. They were also the sole reason why Valor eventually acquired the -55% healing received effect.

It comes and goes, but saying clerics were only ever overpowered once in two years is a gross understatement =P
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Ascendant

This bug doesn't seem to be constant.

Last warfront I was in, it was max-hitting for 2k

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Giving this a run tonight... Wrathful exuberance needs to be changed.

Either reduce the overhealing to damage conversion to 30% up-to 50% or make it so that damage effectiveness is reduced/capped to a certain amount in PvP.

Granted, it's quite amusing to pop Nyol's Hope and CI spam and watching people get plinked down one by one with 4k to 6k hits. However, it's probably not as amusing when I can cause Fullness of Life to crit for around 35k-40k. Because in PvP, dthat's a damn near instagib or an instagib.

It feels as if W.E. does not respect valor properly.
    --BC

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    This bug doesn't seem to be constant.

Last warfront I was in, it was max-hitting for 2k
    It seems to only take effect on full over heals. When I top someone off and then use a burst heal, the damage is high, if the player is not at full health (even a little) then the damage is around 2-2.5k tops, but that's from this morning haven't played after that.

seems broful exuberance is finally fair and balanced. i think it still lacks a fork, need some aoe loving 23k dmg.
    we don't want people to stand around and think they stand a chance, they need to be in the gy reflecting what just happened.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast