+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Wrathful Exuberance Ban for the 4/27 Tournament

General of Telara

Default Wrathful Exuberance Ban for the 4/27 Tournament

Hey guys,

Until Trion takes steps to fix Wrathful Exuberance, we will be banning it in the tournament on 4/27. I apologize for such extreme actions but we must take steps to ensure that the fights are fair and competitive. Any team using this buff will have to be disqualified. Sorry for such unpleasant news. Good luck everyone at the tournament.

Can we add to the list. how about riftblade, or links alot of folks call these abilities or builds op. Its the new flavor of the month. With rift there will always be this situatiion. For all those who wonder why there is no organzed pvp in rift this is the reason. The constant changes to the game prevent it. If you dont go through with 5v5with the abilities that rift give us we need to stop asking for organized pvp, becouse we are proving it will not work in the game. Lets say rift did have organzized pvp would you be in the forums asking people not to use that buff. Im not saying it is not op but there always is something op in this game, last week it was riftblade.
    shadetree

I was in suport of 5v5. I thought it might take off and trion would see how well it would work, but now it just shows them what a pain it would be and how much qq they would get with class balance.
    shadetree

Unless your team was planning on not using a cleric we are all on the same playing field
    shadetree

Are you trolling? People may say those things are op, and who knows maybe they are that's not what this is about. He isn't banning something that's op, he's banning something that is bugged; you do not want bugged abilities taking place in a competitive environment. Wrathful is hitting people for well over 20-30k, I was just in a warfront where daddyfatsac and fourtyfour completely destroyed with it. Sentinel healers should not be topping dmg charts in warfronts.

There is a difference between something being over-tuned or overpowered, compared to completely bugged.

You just returned to the game. Take a breath before spewing your stupid all over it.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 04-24-2013 at 07:03 PM.

You are being ridiculous hunt. This would be like if they buffed MM and and ES all of a sudden ignored valor. It is good as it is. But one is clearly broken on a core mechanical level.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by hunt View Post
    Unless your team was planning on not using a cleric we are all on the same playing field
    Hey hunt, I understand your point. Unfortunately there are several bugs with the ability that is causing people to get hit for 20k+. It will hurt the essence of competitive pvp if a cleric can one shot someone, or come very close. I thank you for your support and hope that you will join us at the tournament.

I would not be surprised if it is hotfixed tomorrow

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Quote Originally Posted by xzaar View Post
    Hey hunt, I understand your point. Unfortunately there are several bugs with the ability that is causing people to get hit for 20k+. It will hurt the essence of competitive pvp if a cleric can one shot someone, or come very close. I thank you for your support and hope that you will join us at the tournament.
    35k, not 20k

Quote Originally Posted by mistacrowley420 View Post
    are you trolling? People may say those things are op, and who knows maybe they are that's not what this is about. He isn't banning something that's op, he's banning something that is bugged; you do not want bugged abilities taking place in a competitive environment. Wrathful is hitting people for well over 20-30k, i was just in a warfront where daddyfatsac and fourtyfour completely destroyed with it. Sentinel healers should not be topping dmg charts in warfronts.

There is a difference between something being over-tuned or overpowered, compared to completely bugged.
    well well well

Soulwalker

Heya Xzaar,

I don't know who you are or your ingame name, but my hats off to the way you've been co-ordinating this tournament. Also, your posts have been nothing but respectful and informative. Applause. Good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Knawameen View Post
    Heya Xzaar,

I don't know who you are or your ingame name, but my hats off to the way you've been co-ordinating this tournament. Also, your posts have been nothing but respectful and informative. Applause. Good luck to you.
    He is Nuku@deepwood

I apolagize for speaking up with out playing since this patch, but how lowas it that chloros healed for way more then it was supose to. My thoughts were we should suck it up and show rift see even when things are not perfect or balanced we can still have fun competitve pvp.
    shadetree

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    He is Nuku@deepwood
    a classy rogue..didnt know they existed. good player and good guy. take notes brutalix u little dwarf

sadly i will be out for this tourney. I have flag football playoffs at 8 in the morning in boston so starting the tourney at midnight is probably not a good idea for me

my money is on the abl 5 man though

gl to all and thanks nuku for organizing this ill def be in for the next one. hopefully we will have group duels by then

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast