+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Warrior tops heals in Port Scion

Shield of Telara

Default Warrior tops heals in Port Scion

only on my side, but still 960k heals.

actually fairly close to top heals overall though (1.3m was top, 2 others near that).

yes, it was a loss..but was actually competitive with only 2.5 healers on our side (and i counted as a full one this game) i couldnt grab a screenshot cuz my comp is bogus and decided to restart instead of take a screenshot

warrior heals arent the first choice...but hard to argue with nearly 1m healing.

Ezuen@Deepwood<Godlike Awesomeness>

From what build may i ask
    Flfe, swaging in <Mostly Harmless@Gelidra> since 2013
    4/4 Frozen divas
    Endless divas 5/5
    Planebreaker divas 2/5, Infinty divas 2/3
    Grim divas 2/4

Shield of Telara

51paladin 25WL 0tempest

see ability: Life's Rapture

This really warranted a new thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    This really warranted a new thread?
    yes, especially when you have a zillion warriors a day tell you "but warriorz needz teh healz for pvp so you gotta pocket heal me "
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Sword of Telara

waiting on dday's response

Thank god this was moved to the PvP section. Thanks mods.

I was in this Port Scion. The ENTIRE team was complete and utter fail; there's a reason you were top heals....everyone else was obviously eagles, and therefore only able to play by jumping and hitting keys one at a time with their talons. That's the only logical reason; unless it was a sped premade.

Seriously, I wish you'd SS'd the final board, so you could show just how bad the defiant team was, how lopsided their victory was, and how much better their healers did towards keeping the guard team alive.

**EDIT** Yes, you were close to the final guardian heal totals; but when you consider how much less damage the defiant side did, it makes your numbers far less impressive; they can't heal damage that isn't being generated.

*This isn't personal, but damn, seriously, stop posting about warrior heals. I know you REALLY want to make this viable, but it's flat out useless for pretty much every situation. In addition, you don't need to macro every single thing you do with a /rsay; it's annoying as hell.
    Last edited by Redius; 04-24-2013 at 04:11 AM.
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Redius View Post
    I was in this Port Scion. The ENTIRE team was complete and utter fail; there's a reason you were top heals....everyone else was obviously eagles, and therefore only able to play by jumping and hitting keys one at a time with their talons. That's the only logical reason; unless it was a sped premade.

Seriously, I wish you'd SS'd the final board, so you could show just how bad the defiant team was, how lopsided their victory was, and how much better their healers did towards keeping the guard team alive.

**EDIT** Yes, you were close to the final guardian heal totals; but when you consider how much less damage the defiant side did, it makes your numbers far less impressive; they can't heal damage that isn't being generated.

*This isn't personal, but damn, seriously, stop posting about warrior heals. I know you REALLY want to make this viable, but it's flat out useless for pretty much every situation. In addition, you don't need to macro every single thing you do with a /rsay; it's annoying as hell.
    I realize it want enough healing to win the match, after all they had 3 dedicated REAL healers whereas ours had a bard, a mage, and myself. However, we had 5 or 6 warriors and only you and fernand were doing any sort of damage. Imagine if the other warriors (who also did less damage than me) were also spamming LR.

Obviously you want an rb or two, but as you saw, without enough healing even brospear can't win every fight. Our team wasn't especially bad but had a definite lack of heals. Rather than stay dps and wait for someone else to go heals, why not just go heals yourself. Because EVERYONE just waits for someone else to do it and then this wf happens, where a
    WARRIOR tops heals. Half of our team could have out healed me, I'm sure. But no one else went heals.

I'm not trying to make this out as a good healing class, but as an alternative to getting rolled when your team doesn't have ANY heals. The score was something like 650-1000 in the loss, and we were ahead for like half the match. That's not bad considering.

As for the macros.. Ya they tend to spam when i have to save the people from death at the same time. In a typical match i don't need to change guard or bia nearly so often and its not so spam myy. Besides, most people actually LIKE having guard/bia on, and knowing about it allows you to adjust play accordingly. Putting on no permission to die at 30% is a good idea.. Unless you're getting 40% dmg intercepted and getting some heals.

I mean, i hear ya they were a bit much that wf, but not usually so bad.

Anyhow, I've been in way too many loser wfs to not have this spec. Its only logical as a warrior to go in as dps, but if there's not enough healing to consistently keep you alive, go hybrid dps. And if THAT still gets dropped too quickly to then go tank. It just happens that tank is also heals. In this case it was pretty obvious from the start that we didn't have jack for heals so i skipped directly to step 3. Fernand went wl/pal and with my moderate healing only died a handful of times.

We needed either more survivable dps or more healing and the two of us changed spec accordingly..that's the whole beauty of the rift class system. What I'm saying is that IF you go tank, you might as well heal also. You might still not win, but you can make a larger impact.

fluff heals don't keep people alive. please stop acting like this spec is good. its the same as spamming aoe damage. sure u might top the charts but u aren't killing anyone. u aren't keeping people alive because u have no focus st heals worth a damn. vk wl trumps this build in support. they both don't compare to bard.

Champion

You say its good to use this spec when there are no healers, and that it is better to use this spec than go DPS and possibly just win the match, by instead just helping DPS.

I have been in a lot of WF's with low healers and we have won. Not because I tried to heal as a Warrior but because I use the FOTM 61 RB and helped kill healers.

Have you actually ever won a WF healing with this spec when there were hardly any healers or are you just posting good healing numbers and thinking its helpful. Its one thing to use it with no healers and win and its completely another to use it, put up good healing numbers and still lose.

I think everyone except Bishopx keeps saying its a horrible spec because in all honesty you are not keeping anyone that is specifically good alive just spreading healing with your CD. Keep playing this spec and take some SS's where warrior healing was the game changer for the WF's. I think it will be a while before you do. Good luck

edit: Nevermind, according to you this isnt a healing spec just an alternative to being rolled with no heals. If you have no heals you are still going to get rolled in this spec. If you want to do some good for your team with no heals go VK, or 61 Rb and maybe you will win.
    Last edited by Gnut; 04-24-2013 at 06:31 AM.

Shield of Telara

Rofl I've won plenty of matches as the only healer. That's why i keep posting this. Having no healers is of course a terrible way to enter any wf so its not like i win the Majority of this type of game, but enough that its obviously effective.

Keep in mind, I'm a pretty good rb also, and given other circumstances I'll go RB in a heartbeat. Sometimes its just not the best choice though. The thing is, i like dpsing but i LOVE winning.

I'd post screenshots but i haven't been able to take screenshots in months... For whatever reason my laptop restarts instead of ssing...

Depending on server reset time today, you should see me in top 50 total dmg around 40-45, think i logged off at 37th. Not that that means a ton, but should at least show I'm a legit player. Also, 11m healing for the week.

Champion

Again, that healing is all fluff and going to a be spread out over everyone not specifically to the players that would warrant heals. There's a reason healers like to heal certain people and sometimes ignore people that would be sponges and not contribute for the win.

I have a feeling even if every warrior were to use this spec 99% would remove it from their regular PVP specs.

You know you can change the keybing for SS's right? I mean one simple WF where your heals were the reason you won wouldn't be too hard to take considering you win a lot with no heals and this spec.

As someone said above the game you specifically posted this thread in reference to, you were completely dominated by the other team, and im guessing that is probably the norm with this spec. Sorry it just doesnt make any sense to use this.

I have been in a WF and I saw your Sick incoming War heals Macro. It didnt work, then and it sure didnt give us the win
    Last edited by Gnut; 04-24-2013 at 07:18 AM.

Spamming chat with "blah blah blah hey look at me I'm doing an ability" immediately get ya on my ignore list with a little notation "spam" by your name.

If you're on my iggy list, you'll never get heals from me. I know other healers who do the same thing.

Knock it off with the spam. No one cares and it's annoying.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gnut View Post
    Again, that healing is all fluff and going to a be spread out over everyone not specifically to the players that would warrant heals. There's a reason healers like to heal certain people and sometimes ignore people that would be sponges and not contribute for the win.

I have a feeling even if every warrior were to use this spec 99% would remove it from their regular PVP specs.

You know you can change the keybing for SS's right? I mean one simple WF where your heals were the reason you won wouldn't be too hard to take considering you win a lot with no heals and this spec.

As someone said above the game you specifically posted this thread in reference to, you were completely dominated by the other team, and im guessing that is probably the norm with this spec. Sorry it just doesnt make any sense to use this.

I have been in a WF and I saw your Sick incoming War heals Macro. It didnt work, then and it sure didnt give us the win
    First, lifes rapture is a smart heal, it specifically heals those that need it first. And its 22500 healing over 6 seconds, this its not at all fluff..its one of the best heals in the game, takes no energy, and is outside of global cooldown.

In warfronts where there is little to no other healing, even getting topped off is extremely useful anyway.

As for people removing it after trying it, it depends on what you're giving up for it. Its not a better option than rb or tempest or wl...after that theres not a ton of awesome specs anyway and one utility or tank spec isn't going to kill ya. It plays a lot like wl so its pretty easy to slide into, and is surprisingly useful and you're probably only giving up a spec you don't use too often anyway. Try it before bashing it, i bet you'll be suprised.

And btw, seeing me in this spec and having a loss in no way means i was the cause of the loss. It means that we didn't have enough heals and i went paladin to help out, but we STILL didn't have the heals we needed. I've got a fairly high win percentage; I'm not going to be the cause ofa loss unless we're talking very elite permades

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast