+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Counterpoint to CQ Sucks QQ threads

  1. #1
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    713

    Default Counterpoint to CQ Sucks QQ threads

    Just wanted to throw out a thread contrary to all the QQ threads about CQ.

    First off - CQ content is really weak, it really is only interesting now due to the rise of the premades. Those premades have bought structure that holds even when there are not multiple premades in the CQ as everyone now expects a leader even on the weakest sides and bad leaders are (generally) still better than no leader.

    I don't play Conquest to fight CQ decay - CQ decay is trivial to maintain as it take about 5-10 minutes max each day to maintain it and only about 30-45mins max to recover 3-4 days lost CQ power. In terms of Storm Legion grind this is just ridiculous to complain about.

    I suffered through the early days of CQ after Storm Legion when premades were non-existant and CQ was largely just one big circle jerk of PvExtractor so that I could get my CQ trinket. However you don't need the trinket but for completionists it is something that we get. I have plenty of guild members who dispise Conquest and refuse to play it either for the Trinket or for Readiness III and we have still cleared the raid content just fine.

    I play CQ because:
    - if you can get into a premade it is about the best PA grind option that exists in the game
    - it is about the only remotely interesting re-playable non-raid content left in rift at the moment as Experts provide no benefit after you do your dailies and notoriety grind content is terrible so once you have the Notoriety you need you will never play it again.
    - it is a decent way to grind prestige between war fronts (again this is for my completionist disorder and wanting to check off "R80, full warlord gear")

    Those who think CQ is being propped up by the CQ decay are missing the mark. You only have to look at the RoD or ABL vent channels in primetime to see 20-40 people all playing regularly and against each other. Vent channels are just an indication of the number of regular players who play CQ for reasons other than protecting CQ decay which they could do in about 10 minutes. Instead you see the same people constantly on your side and fighting against you, they are doing it for reasons far different than CQ Power, I believe they are doing it simply because there is nothing else to do (or perhaps because they actually somewhat enjoy it).
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

  2. #2
    Ascendant Gunzip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    CQ is fun, it's pvp and objectives all in one, and the PA return is also nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

    It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    298

    Default

    I don't CQ often, but when I feel like doing it, I have a good time. For me it feels a lot like what the Ettenmoors in LOTRO attempted to be. Here's another point too -- if your faction is doing miserable with no leadership and getting rolled left and right... Just leave and do something else. Why get frustrated over the 40 marks from a loss.

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara Morguloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    1,114

    Default

    Nope, the group sizes are just too big, fights usually end too fast and the frame rate drop in massive zerg fights blows.

    It's not PvP when the guy you target is dead before you can use an ability, or you're dead before you can even react.

    Shrink the group sizes a bit and have a bit more variety in the CQ maps....not the same map, over and over and over.

    Your counterpoints are weak btw.......move along

  5. #5
    Ascendant Landstalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    The size of the teams in CQ are based on how many people want to play the match and then balanced within 10 people through the match. So your argument that they should let less people in is weak.

    If you can not target anyone to kill or are dieing to quickly maybe its time you evaluated your spec and or playstyle?
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

  6. #6
    Prophet of Telara Delmlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aLittleBird View Post
    - if you can get into a premade
    Fastest and probably most efficient method of getting.. PA, Favor, Prestige ranks, Weeklies completed, Conquest daily for PvP essences and BiS Trinket.

    Quote Originally Posted by aLittleBird View Post
    I believe they are doing it simply because there is nothing else to do (or perhaps because they actually somewhat enjoy it).
    Yeah there are some who really enjoy it. I wouldn't say that conquest decay is the main cause of player's dislike for conquest but it just adds on to how bland the experience is. I'm sure everyone feels how boring it can get, especially in long matches that take hours to finish or the kill count is stuck.

    That or being on the team that doesn't have the organized premade reaping all the rewards and knowing a player that enters in the last 5 minutes will virtually get the same amount you played the entire match for.

    Your right when you said there's nothing else to do. Many players are done with everything. Yes everything, full warlord, raid gear, crafting, rep grinds and all the other cheap content.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

  7. #7
    Prophet of Telara Morguloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    1,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    The size of the teams in CQ are based on how many people want to play the match and then balanced within 10 people through the match. So your argument that they should let less people in is weak.

    If you can not target anyone to kill or are dieing to quickly maybe its time you evaluated your spec and or playstyle?
    The point was to LIMIT the size to a smaller group. Maybe ditch the long cool down between matches or allow multiple matches.

    Spec and/or playstyle doesn't mean squat in CQ half the time, all you need to do is get in a decent premade and leach away lol, skill in CQ??? really?

    Nice try....but.....

  8. #8
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    CQ is only fun *if* you can get into a premade...if you can't, it sucks.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

    DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Landstalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    When both ABL and ROD are on the matches are short in comparison. Not considering the late night or early am matches which some stack dom still and win very quickly.

    My favorite thing about CQ is when the premades are on it is far from predictable and different every match.

    Would love to see a new map, but until then its all good!
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

  10. #10
    Ascendant Landstalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    My point is that the more who want to play the bigger the teams will be. Thats what CQ is meant for, I believe what you are looking for they call warfronts. They are small, fast, and the specs you obviously play are better suited for it.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

  11. #11
    Prophet of Telara Delmlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    CQ is only fun *if* you can get into a premade...if you can't, it sucks.
    Exactly this. If I don't get in with a premade I don't even bother with conquest, not even for the daily. I find warfronts more fun because there you actually have a chance of making a difference that could end up saving the team or winning the entire match with you're own actions. In conquest.. not so much.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    CQ is only fun *if* you can get into a premade...if you can't, it sucks.
    ^ this. 1010

  13. #13
    Ascendant Landstalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Odds of getting into a premade are 66%, more if you consider 50% of the time they split.

    Odds of winning a CQ without a premade.... Pretty damn good bc you can be sure the premades will do their best not to let the other win.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

  14. #14
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    Odds of getting into a premade are 66%, more if you consider 50% of the time they split.

    Odds of winning a CQ without a premade.... Pretty damn good bc you can be sure the premades will do their best not to let the other win.
    Yep,

    I have been in plenty of pugs with no pre-made that have won and beaten pre-mades (well, have beaten RoD Pre-mades ).

    The reason for this is that some one lead the pug, and individual raids self organized to get enough healers and a pull tank or two. It doesn't take a pre-made anymore to get good raid composition. And this is 100% because of the pre-mades that do run. there are now enough regular players that know what it takes to win and that if you don't organize your raids you just get wiped time and time again.

    so
    - good raid comps are more common without pre-mades
    - good leadership is more common without pre-mades

    pre-mades still lose plenty of CQ's. They do tend to win more often when it comes to the zerg zerg fights as their side just tends to have more numbers and players more inclined to stick through a wipe whereas pugs can fall apart very quickly at a set back or two as people decide it is better to switch toons and try and get on the premade side or just decide to go do something else instead.

    That said - organized groups SHOULD do better.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

  15. #15
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aLittleBird View Post

    pre-mades still lose plenty of CQ's. They do tend to win more often when it comes to the zerg zerg fights as their side just tends to have more numbers and players more inclined to stick through a wipe whereas pugs can fall apart very quickly at a set back or two as people decide it is better to switch toons and try and get on the premade side or just decide to go do something else instead.
    Because the premade is going for kills.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts