+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Shaman the build and macros I use.

Default Shaman the build and macros I use.

Alot of people have been asking me what I run when I am using Shaman in PVP so I thought I would go ahead and post it. Like don't like it doesn't matter it works for me and most that have tried it. That being said here you go.

Most people say I am crazy and my main spam macro is a little crazy. But most people spec shaman for top sustained DPS for raid instance. Mine is made just for PVP and I use marrow harvest all the time not just at ranged. It procs at a good time on a following attack six seconds later and usually with a massive blow just spamming my macro. It melts healers before they can react.
    The build http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zmyqslgu...RIRGkfzvxV0bvb

My macros are
    #show Massive Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Shield of Oak (Increases run speed and Does not cost a GCD)
    Cast Glacial Strike
    Cast Ride the Lightning
    Cast Combined Effort
    Cast Frozen Wrath
    Cast Massive Blow
    Cast Morrow Harvest
    Cast Icy Blow

Macro 2
    #show Rage of the North
    suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Rage of the north
    Cast Deep Freeze

You can get away with just spammin the main macro and then when they are at or about 40% life proc macro 2, than go back to spam macro and they will be dead with in 2 seconds ( Do not waste your cool downs if you don't need to use them to kill your current target.). Have your interrupt close by your slow down and healing debuff to put on the enemy if the fight drags on a little. This is a PVP build and does not work well in raid the damage is Burst not sustained.
    I also have an AOE macro I use for instances when called for. Switch your damage buff from ST to AOE and will put better pressure AOE wise than a cabalist will. Target some one in the middle of the group, spam the macro, watch your dot spread like wild fire.

#show Deep Freeze
    suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Rage of the North
    Cast Frozen Wrath
    Cast Ride the Lightning
    Cast Deep Freeze
    Cast Strike of the Maelstrom
    Last edited by Abealri; 04-22-2013 at 05:02 PM.
    Abadfish@Deepwood <Philanthropy> 4/4TDQ 3/4 FT 2/5 EE Cleric DPS 61 Inquisitor 15 Defiler 0 Justicar
    Blame me it is always my fault, I don't know how but I am sure it is just the same.
    Check out my Twitch TV page, I will be streaming when ever I am logged in. www.twitch.tv/abealri

Plane Touched

I just recently came back after quitting a few months from Rifts release and I have to say that this thread saddens me. This is the reason why PvP in Rift was never taken as seriously as other games and is referred to as a joke.

I really hope someday they break the macro system so you actually have to have keybinds. I realize you don't HAVE to use macros, and I don't really have too many currently after coming back save for some shift+key mods but man...people say WoW is dumbed down...

They are macros.... Who cares... Nice write up tho Abe
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Macros free up hotbar space.

Nothing wrong with using macros.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post

There is when you put every single one of your abilities into two.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post

These basically play the game for you. That is not a macro, that is a script.

You literally go around mashing 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 all match.

If your the type of person where this really irks you, than you should most likely not have a problem taking down a macroer. So really, who cares.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Quote Originally Posted by DaSneakyGit View Post
    I just recently came back after quitting a few months from Rifts release and I have to say that this thread saddens me. This is the reason why PvP in Rift was never taken as seriously as other games and is referred to as a joke.

I really hope someday they break the macro system so you actually have to have keybinds. I realize you don't HAVE to use macros, and I don't really have too many currently after coming back save for some shift+key mods but man...people say WoW is dumbed down...
    The game is not as bad as you think with macros, using macros like the OP are convenient but much less effective. To be fully effective you are better off spreading your abilities in different macros instead of putting them all in 1.
    See you all in Wildstar!

These basically play the game for you. That is not a macro, that is a script.

You literally go around mashing 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 all match.
    Regardless if you use macros or not, you still press the button/s the same amount of times.

Not sure about you.. but I don't want 4 rows of buttons full of crap, blocking my screen.

Thanks for the writeup. There's some stuff I would take to use more situationally of course and to avoid animation lag like shield of oak.

Plus I would switch the two points to open minded for the SP instead. Might even just go 2 inq instead really.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 04-23-2013 at 11:38 AM.

Default A small suggestion to the OP.

Take your builds, and macros and parse them against variations. It is easy enough to find out if there are better ways to do things.

Don't fall into a Bishopx rut and never improve the logic of your gameplay. Always question why you are doing things the way you are doing them. You are the only one who can tell if you are playing to your full potential.
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

Interesting writeup.

Macros are useful; you want to spend more time being able to see what's going on around you than trying to remember which key is bound to which ability. The trade-off is that a macro like the one demonstrated here does sacrifice a fair amount of DPS, but the OP feels it's worth it. I actually like that the macro system lets you decide how far you want to go to sacrifice raw dps for convenience -- you can start out with something very convenient like the OP has, and then pull things out and specialize as you become more comfortable.

Warning to copy-pasters: "Marrow Harvest" is misspelled in the OP's spam macro.

Default While I agree with the sentiment of this post...

It is important to consider that this is a melee spec, and melee specs in this game are always derp macroable in this way. This is not the case with most caster or ranged specs. Melee has the unique advantage of being able to be heavily macroed without losing alot of viability, ranged is not so much.

Also, the bulk of the reason why shaman is generally weak in pvp is that it has so few tools that could be used to better its viability. It also has such poor synergy with all but Druid, that it is by far a distant near worst melee spec for pvp.
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Thanks for the writeup. There's some stuff I would take to use more situationally of course and to avoid animation lag like shield of oak.

Plus I would switch the two points to open minded for the SP instead. Might even just go 2 inq instead really.
    Oh my gosh..you made a Cleric finally?!

Lemme know when you hit 60, I owe you some money.

Your mb macro is full of lag IMO.

For my shaman, I have my charge on a different button (have it with my lightning).
    I put MB right after glacial, since I would want it hit as soon as possible.

Having my charge and marrow in my main spam just locks me up for some reason, where I am missing skills.
    Last edited by Eughe; 04-23-2013 at 11:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast