+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Shock Pulse

Default Shock Pulse

I was never fond of having a high damage ability at 0 points, but I'm being consistently crit for 2.3k-2.7k by RBs while wearing full Merc gear. It is a bit absurd. Maybe lower its damage but give a damage booster higher up in Tempest so full Tempests don't get hurt, but it stops this craziness.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by Krumelur View Post
    Shock Pulse is a Tempest ability. It is available to all specs, but it hits especially hard with RB. I'm saying it is too powerful for any spec to pick up for no point investment.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    I'm saying it is too powerful for any spec to pick up for no point investment.
    but isn't. It's upper tier RB non-physical bonuses doing it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    but isn't. It's upper tier RB non-physical bonuses doing it.
    Spaceboots is right. Its not the normal temp ability causing the problem, but all the RB talent tree points adding to 1) non physical damage 2) elemental damage 3) Just pure damage.

They simply need to change a good majority of that to "Adds to RB abilities elemental damage" or "Adds to RB non-physical damage." Wouldn't have to change a thing about tempest.

If you did this Tempest might actually hit harder with its own ability then a melee-based RB barely into the temp soul. Surprised I don't see more Temps upset about this.

Even if you changed this the RB would still be shooting out lots of damage since Icy Burst is off global cooldown, gets maxed every 4.5 seconds, and can be applied to shock pulse. Lets say they get the SP down to around 1k a shot-every 4.5 sec you get a nice IB 3k non crit or 5k crit.

As mentioned before they should then add a small speed boost to a melee based class and it could use a utility (I think only 1 more).
    Last edited by Wrastion; 04-22-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Rift Disciple

Idk... SL pvp is a whole new animal, but i used to make waterjet specs pre SL and it kinda worked... 40-60% crit damage modifier and pew pew pew.
    Fourtyfour

So people have no problem that you can nicely buff sab charges or MM arrows at 0 pts without decking out the specific soul? I just fail to see how shock pulse is any more a culprit for issues than other 0pt damage abilities. I get hit by it all the time, it's like Swift Shot, the MM 0 pt. Except not as good
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    So people have no problem that you can nicely buff sab charges or MM arrows at 0 pts without decking out the specific soul? I just fail to see how shock pulse is any more a culprit for issues than other 0pt damage abilities. I get hit by it all the time, it's like Swift Shot, the MM 0 pt. Except not as good
    If I spec 61 Sin though, Swift Shot is not going to super hard. It won't crit for over 2k.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight

I like that people now think Shock Pulse is the problem with Riftblade, and not the fact that Rift Strike (15s CD) crits for 9k and Icy Burst (0 CD) crits for 6k.

nerf viod bolt

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    I like that people now think Shock Pulse is the problem with Riftblade, and not the fact that Rift Strike (15s CD) crits for 9k and Icy Burst (0 CD) crits for 6k.

nerf viod bolt
    i have rank 80 4 piece and weapons plus 725PA and i hit no where near this number vs another player with the same gear. Its more like 4 or 5k crit with Rift strike (with RI up and frost strike and amped) max 6k if there is a bard or archon. IB hits around 4k on that same target. if you get a double crit and time it right with RI its a pretty nasty burst dont get me wrong but its not like every 4.5 secs you are hitting someone for 15k like you seem to think. There is a decent amount of set up and timing to get that crazy burst. you cant just spam shock pulse and hit for anywhere near that amount.

4 piece warlord, freelancer swords, I can get Rift Strike to max at about 6.5k. 9k is a bit of an exaggeration.
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    i have rank 80 4 piece and weapons plus 725PA and i hit no where near this number vs another player with the same gear. Its more like 4 or 5k crit with Rift strike (with RI up and frost strike and amped) max 6k if there is a bard or archon. IB hits around 4k on that same target. if you get a double crit and time it right with RI its a pretty nasty burst dont get me wrong but its not like every 4.5 secs you are hitting someone for 15k like you seem to think. There is a decent amount of set up and timing to get that crazy burst. you cant just spam shock pulse and hit for anywhere near that amount.
    A warlord geared RB should have no problem getting 5k+ icy crits on another warlord geared PvPer.

Rift Strike is closer to the 6k Range....but even so, that is 11K + Elemental Touch + Storm Blade. That is literally half a health bar you can burst every 25 seconds. > <

And Yeah like you said...SHock Pulse for a couple K less then Rift Strike is still like a 7-8k hit every 4.5 seconds. > <

Quote Originally Posted by Berzz View Post
    A warlord geared RB should have no problem getting 5k+ icy crits on another warlord geared PvPer.

Rift Strike is closer to the 6k Range....but even so, that is 11K + Elemental Touch + Storm Blade. That is literally half a health bar you can burst every 25 seconds. > <

And Yeah like you said...SHock Pulse for a couple K less then Rift Strike is still like a 7-8k hit every 4.5 seconds. > <
    except getting crits like that are very rare with low crit %. Rb has the best burst for sure but these numbers are a pretty far strech. they arent averages they are maxes which people think happen all the time.

9k might be toward the high-end, was just grabbing that randomly from a screenshot wreck posted in some other thread a week ago

fact remains that RB finishers crit for as much as fulminate

Quote Originally Posted by Redius View Post
    4 piece warlord, freelancer swords, I can get Rift Strike to max at about 6.5k. 9k is a bit of an exaggeration.
    get relics and we'll talk

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    except getting crits like that are very rare with low crit %. Rb has the best burst for sure but these numbers are a pretty far strech. they arent averages they are maxes which people think happen all the time.
    let's talk about getting group-pulled into 5x hits with riftspear at 2.5k non-crit apiece...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    You can grab something of value in most souls at 0 points. I can name you a ton in any calling.

The shock pulse at 0 points or even 15 is hitting harder as a RB (melee) then a pure 61 temp (ranged-its his ability) using the same ability. It IS hitting harder or just as hard as say a inquisitors bolt 61 point ranged ability main attack. Basically to get that hard a hitting ranged ability you have to go 61 points into that talent tree, but not RB due to its self talents upping all elemental damage. What complicates (or adds to the craziness of that) is there is an OGCD ability no CD called icy burst that can boost both melee or ranged attacks, and its maximized every 4.5 seconds which = more damage overall then most pure ranged dps. I daresay it actually is more damage than my Inquisitor considering the high CD of inq abilities and the constant high damage shock pulse + icy burst shoots out. There is more added damage as well from RB to every attack.

The best example for you would be me taking a sin and taking the 0 point MM arrows, but I'm hitting as hard as a pure 61 MM using said arrows as if I had all the talents (to supe up ranged) in the MM's talent tree. Would you be upset if you were a pure MM and someone in another talent has 0 points in your tree and hits as hard or harder then you in what you specced to do?

Also, to nail the point home. Would a sin taking 0 point MM arrows have most his damage from shooting arrows? Heck no he'd use it just to speed up. Most RB damage is the shock pulse-the ranged ability. Icy burst is probably 2nd, at least it is for me. Keep in mind Rb melee attacks hit super hard as well.

You might not have nearly as much a problem vs. it due to you playing mostly a mixed damage/survival BD and can get away better to heal up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast