+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CQ decay

Shadowlander

Default CQ decay

Just a little of QQ.
    In last months I tried taging strategy (see bellow) and "full playing CQ", when I am interrested.
    Playing strategy (play twice a week at max) costs many times the time invested against tagging strategy. Not considering, that I do not enjoy CQ in its actual form at all.
    I just need Conquest power bonuses.

So I have to turn on my computer, run rift, wait for CQ, tag it, turn off computer on daily basis. Whether I like to play or not.

Now when summer is coming, I have two opinions. Do the same thing on my holidays etc. Or let it drop.

I am pretty sure, when it drops I wont grind it again, and then I prolly quity, because I hate missing such large attributes from just "solo grind".

PS: Its 5k per day. So for one week of holidays you are sitting on 165000 CP....

Just pretend it doesn't exist. It really isn't that important.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Following this logic, raid drops are not so important, experts drops are not so important and at the end whole itemization progress is not important...

Quote Originally Posted by tojejedno View Post
    Just a little of QQ.
    In last months I tried taging strategy (see bellow) and "full playing CQ", when I am interrested.
    Playing strategy (play twice a week at max) costs many times the time invested against tagging strategy. Not considering, that I do not enjoy CQ in its actual form at all.
    I just need Conquest power bonuses.

So I have to turn on my computer, run rift, wait for CQ, tag it, turn off computer on daily basis. Whether I like to play or not.

Now when summer is coming, I have two opinions. Do the same thing on my holidays etc. Or let it drop.

I am pretty sure, when it drops I wont grind it again, and then I prolly quity, because I hate missing such large attributes from just "solo grind".

PS: Its 5k per day. So for one week of holidays you are sitting on 165000 CP....
    They need some way to MAKE ppl enter it. After, the gear (for PvP) and the trinket for PvEers, it really doesn't offer much in the way of fun (pre mades make it better). I would like to see CQ power account bound, so alts can be played (if they keep the high rate if decay) tho.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by tojejedno View Post
    Following this logic, raid drops are not so important, experts drops are not so important and at the end whole itemization progress is not important...
    I don't stress about those either. On the other hand, I get them by doing what I enjoy.

Conquest Power is absolutely vital for endgame raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Conquest Power is absolutely vital for endgame raiding.
    Matter of perspective. It's a benefit, it isn't necessary. Unlike other benefits it requires activities that are wholly unenjoyable to me on a daily basis, and missing days is counterproductive. I already know that I will periodically go 1-2 days without logging into any character, and 3-4 days without logging into each particular character, so it's pointless tedium.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 04-22-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Ascendant

It's too good to completely ignore. I wish it had the same decay as now but was account bound. Or just get rid of the decay system altogether really.

If you die to anything with less than 1500 overkill, 180k+ CQ power would have saved you.
    Last edited by Bluelightt; 04-22-2013 at 11:46 AM.

There have been countless threads on this issue and do not know why Dagler hasn't addressed it.

Do we need CQ decay? Yes. But less, like 100-120 pts per hour. That would be between 2400-3600 a day instead of the current 5K+.

Does it need to be account bound? Yes.
    Beware the Penguin...

Matter of perspective. It's a benefit, it isn't necessary. Unlike other benefits it requires activities that are wholly unenjoyable to me on a daily basis, and missing days is counterproductive. I already know that I will periodically go 1-2 days without logging into any character, and 3-4 days without logging into each particular character, so it's pointless tedium.
    I wasn't being hyperbolic, though.

For the more difficult bosses in each raid, you need that extra health. It's not optional. If you're just doing the first few bosses of each raid, you'll be fine, but when you get to the more challenging bosses, particularly the hardmodes, the raid damage is much too bursty to reliably survive without that extra health.

Gelidra's AoE can hit for over 20k, and during her transition phases, you might get a quadruple tick of Wrath for over 28k. You cannot afford to skimp on health.
    Last edited by Muspel; 04-22-2013 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I wasn't being hyperbolic, though.

For the more difficult bosses in each raid, you need that extra health. It's not optional. If you're just doing the first few bosses of each raid, you'll be fine, but when you get to the more challenging bosses, particularly the hardmodes, the raid damage is much too bursty to reliably survive without that extra health.

Gelidra's AoE can hit for over 20k, and during her transition phases, you might get a quadruple tick of Wrath for over 28k. You cannot afford to skimp on health.
    Which is why I'm not in a guild that requires me to spend the little playtime I have grinding content I don't enjoy. Consequently, I have no illusions of killing the hard modes anytime soon (well, maybe zaviel). But it still isn't a requirement.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 04-23-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geopenguin View Post
    There have been countless threads on this issue and do not know why Dagler hasn't addressed it.
    Sorry guys, we need CQ decay (and it to be a global effect) because if we don't we risk the potential of players getting everything they need from CQ and the population dwindling down to the point where it won't function as good as it should.

No dev will ever say.

Are dungeons something that will never fade? Yeah. Same with raids. Sort of amazing how you don't have to do dungeons or raids to get PvP stats. It's almost like....IT'S ALMOST LIKE THEY DON'T NEED THE DANGLING CARROT OF INFINITY FOR THEM BECAUSE THEY DON'T SUCK AS MUCH.

/grumble
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-23-2013 at 11:29 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

zomg edit:

FWIW, if the people who say you don't need it or say they don't get it because they don't have fun. Here is a mindset to consider and comprehend.

I hate CQ. But do you know what I hate more? Playing WF's without full CQ power. I'd rather play CQ and have max performance than not play CQ and have sub-par performance. I have more fun enduring CQ and performing better in WFs than I do participating in more WF's and performing worse because I neglected CQ.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-23-2013 at 11:37 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Shadowlander

Neglecting is one thing. Keeping population in CQ to make it playable is another.

Daily grind (yeah daily, as I wrote above, that is the "efficient" way to keep CP up) is still over the board.

BTW: Devs are on holidays again? Or after headcount cut we have "part time cut to one week per month (see devtracker)?

+ Reply to Thread