+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ianto Jones

Thread: Most Fun PvP?

Plane Touched

Default Most Fun PvP?

Ok, I've been playing around in PvP for a bit now and everything seems so Sluggish when I try to play one of the classes.(Done Rogue and Cleric and Mage) What is a class where you don't feel like your treading in molasses for when I played on my rogue in WoW and GW2 they actually seemed fast and able to move quickly. Nothing seems that way in Rift and I die Super quick in Rift even without other people playing in BoA gear I tend to die..to well everything.

Any pointers or suggestions? Perhaps on Soul builds or any advice is welcome.

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Morcelu View Post
    Ok, I've been playing around in PvP for a bit now and everything seems so Sluggish when I try to play one of the classes.(Done Rogue and Cleric and Mage) What is a class where you don't feel like your treading in molasses for when I played on my rogue in WoW and GW2 they actually seemed fast and able to move quickly.
    What do you mean with "sluggish"? Also if a rogue is too "slow" for you, then no class will do, sry bro. Just wondering that after leveling 3 chars up to 60 and after 2 years of playtime you seem to notice only now that they are "sluggish" for you, no offense but it seems kinda weird to me ... :V
    Last edited by Fia; 04-22-2013 at 06:02 AM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Fia

But if you die really quick I guess you could start by looking into the PvP-Guides section. Other than that, maybe you could point out what build it is you're looking for (Mage, Cleric or Rogue? Healer, Dps, Tank?).
    Last edited by Fia; 04-22-2013 at 06:05 AM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

I think rogue is as speedy feeling as you can get. Lots of run speed boosts mixed with the actual lower GCD. I been playing my cleric a lot. It feels like I put my reaction time on the backburner taking an extra .5s every GCD hit.

Overall I've always thought this game felt sluggish, I blame the physics engine.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

dual-wield with riftblade

harbinger is pretty nimble if you don't count that 50% of your time is running back from the respawn

Plane Touched

The games animations and effects are slower than something like WoW. It's just how they made it, nothing is going to feel as fast as say the gameplay your Rogue in WoW had. Just different engines, different animation styles etc. Rift wanted a more realistic looking approach to animations and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSneakyGit View Post
    The games animations and effects are slower than something like WoW. It's just how they made it, nothing is going to feel as fast as say the gameplay your Rogue in WoW had. Just different engines, different animation styles etc. Rift wanted a more realistic looking approach to animations and whatnot.
    This has been a sticking point for many (myself included) since Rift launched. Many of its animations are weak and nondescript. I can appreciate that they're not over the top flashy, but they are lacking in...punctuality and a sense of "weight".
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

+ Reply to Thread