+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Flashmemory

Thread: Warlord Weapons & Hit

Plane Touched

Default Warlord Weapons & Hit

Does anyone else think they should bolster the hit on warlord weapons (the r80 ones, not the r60/70) to 40 or even 53 hit, At the end of the day even if they are expert level hit, they are still going to be significantly worse than expert level tier but will at least allow people to get into a T1 raid without being totally gimped.

(I am not saying this just because i want to get carried in a raid, I have over 500 hit anyway but would probably be a nice QoL boost to those who pvp and like to raid at least a little bit.)

Just my 2 pennies on this.
    Last edited by CrackaJack; 04-22-2013 at 12:17 AM.

The PvP reward caches give PvE gear that has hit.

Player base chances are low. Mine combined on a Bladedancer, which has a +5% dodge talent, still only gets a 15% parry/dodge chance when you combine them. The PvP weapons allow you to bypass up to a 30% check of parry/dodge. I'd have to double my base chances just to give someone a .1% chance to be dodged by me. With that being said, I think PvP hit is perfectly fine. And with the first sentence, I think it is okay. PvP shouldn't gateway into PvE content and they fixed that slickly by having PvP dailies drop pretty much ~pvp gear quality PvE items. So I think if you really wanted the hit, saving up a couple weeks of caches and keeping an eye on the AH would suffice. Shouldn't change itemization intentions.

When hit was highly desired and only on PvP weapons. I think a lot didn't want hit for PvE purposes, we just simply wanted to not constantly fight a strong RNG against certain callings unless we had a specialized stat. I think that is why they altered base chances too and made pvp itemize hit. That way they can control +hit on the pvp level much easier without having cross over concern with hit itemized on PvE gear. Vice versa for each being useful for the other type of gameplay.

2c
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-22-2013 at 01:02 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Okay so this is another example of the devs not thinking things through and throwing too many solutions at something that is not warranted. It is what they do and have done in many cases.

The highest pvp weapons are inferior to dungeon blues and about equal in dps with the stat weight changes to crafted weapons. They also take forever to grind out in comparison to pre SL pvp weapons.

Bolstering itself takes care of hit getting out of control in warfronts and cq.. where these items are supposedly bis and no where else.

Should pvp be completely alienated from pve or should it dip into the pot of casual pve which is what everyone does on their own or with random players? IE.rifts, world quest dailies etc. Is pvp content being produced to warrant such a grind? IMO, no. There is no reason why pvp should be separated from pve content in the current grind fest as in the end this game is all about pve with pvp as a broken bridge leading into nothing but back into itself.

Rift PvP in nothing but a broken bridge, a dead avenue into no where until devs actually focus on making content for it.. until then why penalize pvp players for playing a predominantly PvE game? All they are really doing is draining subs and reducing raid numbers in the end.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 04-22-2013 at 01:30 AM.

Trion wants you to raid and PvP if you want the best in all aspects of the game. This may be annoying and new, but you have to admit that the current PvP gear setup helps them accomplish this pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
    Trion wants you to raid and PvP if you want the best in all aspects of the game.
    Maybe I'm just being pedantic. However, you don't have to raid to optain optimum PvP gear. Just general PvE for the rep runes and maybe to speed up infinity stone gains (which are technically obtainable in conquest).

So really, Trion just wants us to play Conquest to be the best in all aspects of the game.
    Biz - L60/P81 Warrior

Rift Disciple

As someone who did the grind for the PvP weapon that was better than anything in HK and is on the Warlord grind now, I dont care where PvP weapons go as long as they do not become BiS ever again, that was just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbs View Post
    I dont care where PvP weapons go as long as they do not become BiS ever again, that was just stupid.
    The trinket still is..
    Last Dawn @ Zaviel
    Shifthappens - 50 Cleric || Omfgkittens - 60 Mage

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
    Trion wants you to raid and PvP if you want the best in all aspects of the game. This may be annoying and new, but you have to admit that the current PvP gear setup helps them accomplish this pretty well.
    Not saying they should be able to raid, and have huge advantages but if you consider it takes ~1day to be ready to raid compared to ages to get WL weapons giving them the hit to use them (tho stats will be worse) cant be a really bad thing can it?,

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    The highest pvp weapons are inferior to dungeon blues and about equal in dps with the stat weight changes to crafted weapons. They also take forever to grind out in comparison to pre SL pvp weapons.
    The highest pvp weapons are inferior to dungeon blues? In PvE... yes... that's pretty much the point of them being PvP weapons?

Until there is a need for more hit in PvP, they should leave it. Already seen some people trying to be carried in raids with pvp weapons because they're too lazy to go do a dungeon, or *gasp*... a quest!
    Last edited by mo0trix; 04-23-2013 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post

The highest pvp weapons are inferior to dungeon blues.
    My relic PVE weapon is also nothing other than a blue pvp weapon in pvp....in the future my T3 raid hyper transcendent PVE weapon will be still the same in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    My relic PVE weapon is also nothing other than a blue pvp weapon in pvp....in the future my T3 raid hyper transcendent PVE weapon will be still the same in pvp.
    this is a good thing judging from the memory of being on the wrong end of an undertow rifle (the akylios gun?)

Jiva@Faeblight
    <is Defenseless>

+ Reply to Thread