+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By Raventree
  • 1 Post By slash_wrists
  • 1 Post By dday

Thread: No end game PVP

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Raventree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    172

    Default No end game PVP

    I have played Rift since launch except for a short break and the thing that is finally making me feel like it might be time to move on is the lack of end game PVP. Many MMOs have open world fighting or arenas or SOMETHING to motivate you to become badass, but in Rift there is only warfronts and Conquest, which is a really big warfront. Man, I have been doing warfronts and Conquest on many different toons for like a year now and I just want to find some area where there is open world PVP and get into some real action. You know? Kick some butt just for the sake of kicking it. Anyone else feeling like that? The only thing missing from Rift for me is some kind of end game PVP.
    Last edited by Raventree; 04-20-2013 at 08:09 PM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Valnak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,516

    Default

    So solve it by creating your own or joining into currently existing player-created endgame content:

    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...0s-15v15s.html

    or

    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...tain-5v5s.html

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raventree View Post
    I have played Rift since launch except for a short break and the thing that is finally making me feel like it might be time to move on is the lack of end game PVP. Many MMOs have open world fighting or arenas or SOMETHING to motivate you to become badass, but in Rift there is only warfronts and Conquest, which is a really big warfront. Man, I have been doing warfronts and Conquest on many different toons for like a year now and I just want to find some area where there is open world PVP and get into some real action. You know? Kick some butt just for the sake of kicking it. Anyone else feeling like that? The only thing missing from Rift for me is some kind of end game PVP.
    You basicially covered it all

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    155

    Default

    There is open world fighting but only on the pvp shard which is dead because people that think they want PvP really just want more instanced PvP and more PvP gear hence why you mentioned Arena's.

    Real PvP was contested zones in Vanilla WoW, that was skill, getting jumped by another player and managing to come out of it alive, that was exciting. All this instanced crap now makes me yawn, spam your buttons and hope your healer is better than their healer, lol what a joke.

  5. #5
    Sword of Telara Ts117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babbs View Post
    Real PvP was contested zones in Vanilla WoW, that was skill, getting jumped by another player and managing to come out of it alive, that was exciting. All this instanced crap now makes me yawn, spam your buttons and hope your healer is better than their healer, lol what a joke.
    You mean the time when PvE'ers were the best PvP'ers and gear was more important than skill? I remember seeing players being feared because they had the Sword of Doom, not because they had skill.
    Perma Band in 9 continents and one Solar System!

  6. #6
    Fia
    Fia is offline
    Champion of Telara Fia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,349

    Default

    I don't understand why ppl are trying to cover up for Trions obvious fail when it comes to PvP-Content. There's none except the Battlegrounds and it's Trions own fault that more and more PvP enthusiastic ppl are leaving RIFT for other games. If Trion would introduce at least Rated-Battlegrounds in RIFT (which is not too difficult a task to do and implement) I think the PvP playerbase would start to grow rapidly. It doesn't necessarily have to be arenas, but at least rated BGs and an intelligently designed CQ, that would really be a breakthrough.

    What RIFT lacks is the competition "factor", not just in PvP, but in PvE as well.
    Last edited by Fia; 04-22-2013 at 01:23 AM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

    Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv


  7. #7
    Ascendant Flashmemory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,966

    Default

    Rift pvp is an avenue into nowhere unfortunately, not even worth the grind when you think about it.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ts117 View Post
    You mean the time when PvE'ers were the best PvP'ers and gear was more important than skill? I remember seeing players being feared because they had the Sword of Doom, not because they had skill.
    I know what you are talking about, players from high end raiding guilds going into BGs and smashing everyone, I agree that happened.

    What I am talking about are the players who actively moved around the maps looking for PvP outside of BG's, these players were often in mid level PvP blues, all they did was PvP. My favourite was the path leading up to black rock mountain. Of course when the raiders rode past I often lost but it was fun and a good challenge.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Rgizil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,161

    Default

    Seastone isn't dead...just today a group of defiants were camping nurjak port(about 6-12 when I first got there) so I called in a few Guildies and we had some fun fights(and chat pvp) with them as the numbers constantly changed during it(thanks KoS and Sky legend) then volan spawned and even though DoT and others controlled it for first half, Just Cause came out and made it more interesting by taking control in the biofoundry...I understand this isn't all the time but I still find it fun.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

  10. #10
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raventree View Post
    I have played Rift since launch except for a short break and the thing that is finally making me feel like it might be time to move on is the lack of end game PVP. Many MMOs have open world fighting or arenas or SOMETHING to motivate you to become badass, but in Rift there is only warfronts and Conquest, which is a really big warfront. Man, I have been doing warfronts and Conquest on many different toons for like a year now and I just want to find some area where there is open world PVP and get into some real action. You know? Kick some butt just for the sake of kicking it. Anyone else feeling like that? The only thing missing from Rift for me is some kind of end game PVP.
    agreed. i love this game and love pvp but im just so bored, i log on less and less now especially for pvp. rift was my first MMO and its been awesome and even though i have a lot of sub time left i just dont enjoy it like i used to. im a competitive person and with nothing to test myself against i just get bored. some of the pvp players try and organize stuff and its awesome when they do but its too much effort to get something that trion should have in place already. between the long organize times and the option of pugs getting into it 5 mans piss me off more then i actually have fun. it sucks too because i have had some awesome matches that took 45 min to finally happen but the pressure of having to do everything right and be on your game or you cost your team is such a breathe of fresh air in otherwise stale content

    in reality i just dont think trion cares about pvp, they can make their money in pve and cater to casuals in pvp. the really hardcore pvp player is a dinosaur IMO.
    Last edited by dday; 04-22-2013 at 07:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts