+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Make CQ power like rep

Telaran

Default Make CQ power like rep

I think CQ power should be like rep. when you have earned it its yours.

I did my part, I would like to never have to do it again. I don't have to do any rep grinds again after I get maxed.

Simple as that. I did my part getting to 200K. Let me be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by kerstal View Post
    Simple as that. I did my part getting to 200K. Let me be done with it.
    Never. You shall suffer for eternity.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Insert Daglar quote about wanting people to play multiple aspects of the game and no plans on changing or lowering CQ decay rate.

it should just have a DR on it. Makes daglar happy keeping you playing a part of his game you don't want to play everyday but if you have a life or alts, it just stops after awhile.

sorry, cant agree with you as long as CQ power can be gained off the back of others efforts while the player AFKs

when you have earned it its yours.
    if it could ONLY be earned, not AFKed, i'd agree.

I did my part getting to 200K.
    some never do any part, yet still get to 200k.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

I don't mind the decay, I just wish that CQ power was account bound not character.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    sorry, cant agree with you as long as CQ power can be gained off the back of others efforts while the player AFKs

if it could ONLY be earned, not AFKed, i'd agree.

some never do any part, yet still get to 200k.
    Nowhere else in the game do your rewards decay.

You don't offer any solution; you're just claiming everyone should suffer because you feel some didn't contribute.

Perhaps you won't appreciate the comparison, but I know it would be absolutely ridiculous if raid gear decayed due to taking a vacation.

The same goes for qajiri rep: "Oh I missed a few days, time to grind Ashora IAs"

It's a very dumb concept.
    Last edited by Ahov; 04-20-2013 at 03:08 PM.

Ascendant

1. Introduce decaying prestige ranks, notoriety and gear stats.
    2. ??????
    3. Profit.

Rift Disciple definitelynotzoar's Avatar

Ive had to take a break the past 3 weeks to take care of some things. Didnt log on once.

Still kept my sub active (all 3), still maintained my support in the forums daily, still Gave players good advice on specs and macros on top of leaving great feedback about the game on other forum boards.

Still have zero conquest power inspite of everything.
    Anyone claiming I never did my part in CQ is borked in the head.
    Last edited by definitelynotzoar; 04-20-2013 at 03:34 PM.

Look, how about we get some things straight.

1. CQ decay won't go away because CQ needs unspoken reasons to eternally dangle a carrot and keep it active.

2. CQ power will always be global because they want you to engage in other parts of the game (possibly unspoken reason category). I am just personally glad so far I am not forced to complete a dungeon every day to have maximum vengeance.

3. If you decide to not play the game for 3 days or so, your penalty is instant character power degradation upon log-in until you make point #1 ring true.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-20-2013 at 04:57 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    CQ decay won't go away because CQ needs unspoken reasons to eternally dangle a carrot and keep it active.
    This should be the default response given to any CQ power complaints.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

it should be the other way around and make rep work like cq power. who doesn't like to come back to rift after a 7 days break and find their rep down to honored. everyone loves to do their daily quest grinds.

1. CQ decay won't go away because CQ needs unspoken reasons to eternally dangle a carrot and keep it active.
    It needs to be there because CQ depends on having a large number of players inside it when it's active. Without some kind of permanent carrot, there's a risk of CQ becoming an unusable feature - active but worthless because of the lack of players using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    It needs to be there because CQ depends on having a large number of players inside it when it's active. Without some kind of permanent carrot, there's a risk of CQ becoming an unusable feature - active but worthless because of the lack of players using it.
    An issue that things that are genuinely fun/massively enjoyed don't face. That was my tongue in cheek point. I say it a lot, it is like a lame FPS map. They die natural deaths, clear servers, and don't get callvoted on. Put CQ in a game where rewards cease to exist and all avenues are pure leisure. I bet WF's could still be kicking, but it wouldn't surprise me if CQ fell off. I firmly believe without the eternal carrots dangling in CQ it would have died a natural death due to lack of popularity.

Look at what happened to world PvP when all carrots were removed, such as daily quests. The people who do it now do it because they really enjoy it. If it is dead now, I say it is only that the dailies created an artificial scene of interest for World PvP in Rift. Look at PvP Rifts once people hardly needed that rep too. People still do WF's though when they have milked them for what they are worth. But if you remove the rewards, you can see what the true interest is in the area. And yes you are right, if they remove the rewards from CQ, they risk a collapse of CQ even being a viable game mode, because it needs lots of players. It might end up like WPvP did when dailies and PvP rifts vanished. Now it seems it mostly happens when world events happen - yet another carrot though. Pretty grim, complicated and pathetic perspective, isn't it?
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

But if you remove the rewards, you can see what the true interest is in the area.
    Maybe then Trion would finally get a clue and improve future content to fit the player's interests. That or release the same cheap content knowing the majority will do it for the juicy carrots and ignore the flaws of the system lol.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast