• 1 Post By ilex011
  • 1 Post By Misun
  • 2 Post By dday
  • 1 Post By Woor

Thread: Another CQ Fail

Ascendant

Default Another CQ Fail

Trion

Just a moment ago, I was in CQ participating from the time I got in until the very end. With about 40s left on the timer, I got killed and had to respawn at our base. I immediately left the base and ran to Garden of Solace (I was on Nightfall) and when I got there, NF had killed the extractor and were attempting to cap it. The timer ended and Oath won the game. I received 0 favor, 0 prestige and 0 marks despite having played the entire match. I didn't receive anything because your "system" saw that from the time I was in the NF base, to the time I arrived at GoS, I hadn't taken any "action" and therefore didn't qualify for rewards.

Rift PvP is already laughable. CQ is another example of the mindless zerg that is Rift PvP. Can we at least not have issues like what happened to me? If I have to suffer through CQ to get BiS PvE gear, I'd at least like to have the marks I'm entitled to.

Thanks
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

This happened to me as well one time. I opened a ticket and ended up still getting denied my marks. The GM told me that their system had no way to tell what I was doing or where, and that it could only tell I had taken no action. I was displeased.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

And ironically..people who don't participate at all, while they hide in the rocks..get full participation rewards.

Yeah something needs to be done for sure. It's wonky the way it is now.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Rift Disciple

Default Sadly

I am conviced that CQ is in place so that non PvP'ers or bad PvP'ers can ALL get their warlord gear. Just another slap in the face of PvP.
    Now, any tool can be a P80 warlord just by farming CQ.
    Sad....

Champion

Or full ID gear without ever stepping foot in ID or ( soon I bet ) full SD gear without stepping foot in FT or EE. PvE people farm CQ for the perks that carry over, not for Warlord gear. End the carryover perks and you will see the end of CQ farming by people who would rather not be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavra View Post
    I am conviced that CQ is in place so that non PvP'ers or bad PvP'ers can ALL get their warlord gear. Just another slap in the face of PvP.
    Now, any tool can be a P80 warlord just by farming CQ.
    Sad....
    any bad can get wl gear from wfs as well this makes no sense. cq sucks dont get me wrong but having rank 80 gear means nothing as far as skill goes. its simply a rank of time played.

Rift Disciple definitelynotzoar's Avatar

thats one crappy bug..

by the way I have been away for a month got on last night and cq power at ZERO!

WHAT A BUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Synovia View Post
    Trion

Just a moment ago, I was in CQ participating from the time I got in until the very end. With about 40s left on the timer, I got killed and had to respawn at our base. I immediately left the base and ran to Garden of Solace (I was on Nightfall) and when I got there, NF had killed the extractor and were attempting to cap it. The timer ended and Oath won the game. I received 0 favor, 0 prestige and 0 marks despite having played the entire match. I didn't receive anything because your "system" saw that from the time I was in the NF base, to the time I arrived at GoS, I hadn't taken any "action" and therefore didn't qualify for rewards.

Rift PvP is already laughable. CQ is another example of the mindless zerg that is Rift PvP. Can we at least not have issues like what happened to me? If I have to suffer through CQ to get BiS PvE gear, I'd at least like to have the marks I'm entitled to.

Thanks
    I'm not so sure about this, most of the time you're fine if you just leave base (even if you just sit outside within 20-30 meters of the mega turrets). I suspect maybe you had a really long load time. I know my friend gets denied bonuses a lot because it generally takes him 1-2 minutes to load into CQ.

I'll just say I have yet to experience this bug.
    Last edited by Adastra; 04-20-2013 at 10:44 AM.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Cladari View Post
    ... End the carryover perks and you will see the end of CQ.
    There, fixed it for you buddy.

W.

Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    This happened to me as well one time. I opened a ticket and ended up still getting denied my marks. The GM told me that their system had no way to tell what I was doing or where, and that it could only tell I had taken no action. I was displeased.
    Derpy GM's? you dont say...

Recently I put in a ticket because while i was leveling my mages rep in KR for ridgerunners trink, I stopped receiving the faction even though I won all 3 of my matches there consecutively. I was told by a GM that, it was intended because warfronts didnt give any rep, @-@ to this day im still very ****ing baffled at the fact that these guys are actually paid to do this kind of thing without knowing the ups and downs of their jobs. But yeah I didnt get my rep, and my issue was closed.

moral of the story: frowney face
    Esilia(Pyro/dom) Sayber(Rb/temp)
    Lenaea(Sentinel) Eude(Undecided atm)
    Former member of [Slayers] [Mayhem]

Quote Originally Posted by 1Benevolent View Post
    Derpy GM's? you dont say...

Recently I put in a ticket because while i was leveling my mages rep in KR for ridgerunners trink, I stopped receiving the faction even though I won all 3 of my matches there consecutively. I was told by a GM that, it was intended because warfronts didnt give any rep, @-@ to this day im still very ****ing baffled at the fact that these guys are actually paid to do this kind of thing without knowing the ups and downs of their jobs. But yeah I didnt get my rep, and my issue was closed.

moral of the story: frowney face
    I'm not even sure if some of the gm's even play this game tbh.

Clearly, that gm does not.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Rift Disciple

I do feel the need to break a lance for the GM's though, I'm surprised about what I read here.

This might sound strange coming from me of all people, but my gripes are with the devs who I think are grossly incompetent, lazy and only know what they're doing half of the time.

My encounters with GM's though were nothing but positive, they're ultra-polite and always did their best to resolve my issues. Go figure how they can be so good on one side and so abysmal on the other.

W.

+ Reply to Thread