+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 5v5s last night

Shield of Telara

Default 5v5s last night

great for most of the night if a little imba cuz no one knew who was out there..

captains thing almost worked. not entirely even but 6 captains what can u expect. captains chosen from renown....which didnt work out as well as it would seem

Ventrillo...remove permissions, or better yet change servers entierly. someone was a total cheapskate in my 5v5s 3x and moved me back and forth between channels so many times i got dropped from the wf and got ascended disgrace..............really? trolling in a tourney is basically admitting that ure bad that has already lost

2 wins out of 3 were fked from someone with permissions (captain) so something has to be changed there for it to even be fun. legit loss in the first game and im cool with that, but cmon. why would any do this again if cheaters cheat and winners lose?

its fun if you play how its meant to be played...if not its a nongratifyng win on the wrong side and a ******ed loss on the right side.

not joining again with the same channel, not joining again with yoked granted permissions.

Quote Originally Posted by oddiescell View Post
    not joining again with the same channel, not joining again with yoked granted permissions.
    We're not going to be using the same vent next time. Sorry about what happened.

Prophet of Telara

Lol @ yoke

LOL@YOKE

but i love him
    Rosera @deepwood with tiger

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Rrose View Post
    LOL@YOKE

but i love him

LOL@ROSE
    but i love her

LOL @ yoke

Quote Originally Posted by slash_wrists View Post
    LOL@ROSE
    but i love her
    oh and i love slash too
    Rosera @deepwood with tiger

Ascendant

Nerf Yoke and his permissions. Oh, LOL@YOKE.

Seriously.......QQ........i moved people around once after all of the original 25 people left when it was just nuku's group and someone else's playing each other. I did it for like 2 minutes tops, just swapped people back and forth a couple times so they would be in vent with the opposite teams. A pretty funny thing to do imo, especially in a laid back 5s environment anyway. Not to mention it was only 1 match and only 2 groups of people. Mostly my good friend nuku was the main target. i just moved him to the lobby and and the opposite teams channel while his mic was lighting up. There is absolutely no way that me moving you affected you d/cing, at all. It was for one match that I did it, and only for about 1-2 minutes total. I apologized to the people involved and when I told them, they all laughed it off and didn't care. Incase you haven't realized, these 5s take place in a laid-back, "for fun" environment. This was just part of the fun. If the environment was a little more "serious", i could see why this would be unacceptable. Even now I realized that it was still a little dumb, and i may have done it a bit too long...but it was the end of the night, and those who knew i was doing it got a good laugh seeing nuku beings swapped to the opposite teams vent mid target-call and continuing to speak to his enemies. lighten up man it was a nightcap!

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by mistacrowley420 View Post
    LOL @ yoke

LOL@wreck
    but i love him

I also would like to add that at one point i put all of the people from the 2 teams into one channel. That was my favorite move.....That and Nuku to the lobby while he was calling **** out. I had more fun doing this than the 5s tonight. Captain 5s is just dumb. What needs to be done is how we used to do it. Just throw 20 people in a raid. and the 3-5 people that formed it separate the teams accordingly into 4 balanced groups. It is much faster and more balanced.

Not to mention it feels like kickball on the blacktop during elementary school recess. I felt bad for those that didn't get picked then, just as I feel bad for those that don't get picked now.

Obviously I dont know what this feels like because I was a blacktop legend, but I can only imagine.

I am such a gentle soul.
    Last edited by Yoke; 04-20-2013 at 12:30 AM.

Rift Disciple definitelynotzoar's Avatar

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

I am disapoint yoke. mucho disapoint.

Ascendant

All of Yoke's trolling aside...(LOL YOKE)

I am glad everyone came. I know with the draft not everyone was going to be happy with their comps, but such is life with mixed 5v5's. I regret that people rage quit but I suppose it is inevitable with all the strong personalities in PvP.

The idea behind this is to help people who may not know much about small-scale PvP to learn a bit, get better, and go off and create their own 5 mans (I still feel I have a lot to learn and improve upon, so it's always fun for me). In a perfect world, there would be a dozen or so strong PvP guilds, everyone would bring their choice 5, and we'd all go at it. Right now in rift, this isn't possible. There are about 2 strong 5 mans out there that roll through everyone. It's no fun for them or the other casual premades who get rolled. And it becomes repetitive when these two 5 mans have to play each other constantly.

So, this is what we have until:

A) Rift goes F2P and serious PvP'ers from other games give it a go (with nothing to lose).

B) Rift puts an effort into attracting PvP'ers by adding the A-word to the game.

B will never happen (Daglar has made that clear). So we are left with A which may or may not happen in the near future.

Default wut

lol@ill **** you up in real life

i guess the drafting didn't go as well as we anticipated it to be, it took a little long if not really too long, people got restless, also, some people were left out unfortuantely. i really wanted and hoped that everyone had a good time but realistically, i really doubt it.
    this event is really still at a very infancy stage, we've only done it like the 3rd or 4th time? we're all still trying new ways to make it better, now we know drafting isn't the best way to go we'll be trying manual balancing again like DFS said in the other thread. that way nobody will be left out.
    i still hope people show up and try to have fun for the next 1.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast