+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Cleansing in Warfronts

Default Cleansing in Warfronts

The ability to take off debuffs in warfronts needs to be adjusted, in my opinion. When you consider all of the debuffs applied during warfront, a single or even multiple healers have a difficult time taking them off while healing the raid. I propose more ability's to take off debuffs for healers.
    Genny@Greybriar

Rift Disciple

Other than Haunting Pain.... I feel like cleanses of debuffs are in a good spot. Atleast in Sent and Chloro we have the reduced GCD and the Healing part of the cleanse. Clerics have the rng double cleanse in their PVP Pas and the Warden cleanse is Amazing!
    Fourtyfour

Ascendant

More people should run warden to balance healing comp and get more cleanses.

Never had an issue cleansing outside of Haunting Pain as Chloro/Sent/Ward or Puri.

I usually have issues as Defiler since theirs neither heals nor has a 1.0s gcd.

Archon Cleanse is OP. Every 1.5 seconds cleanses 10 people.

Nothing else to see here. Roll Archon or move along.

Ascendant

As a healer I know what you are saying, but as a dps heck no. lol. Dots don't do enough as is for most and giving healers an easier way to negate dot dps, well you hardly see any dot dps as is. I don't think I need to say more.

Haunting pain is silly. Nothing should have 16 stacks. That I would change.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by GennyG View Post
    The ability to take off debuffs in warfronts needs to be adjusted, in my opinion. When you consider all of the debuffs applied during warfront, a single or even multiple healers have a difficult time taking them off while healing the raid. I propose more ability's to take off debuffs for healers.
    I don't think giving someone the option to heal OR remove a debuff is a bad thing. The alternative is having debuffs just effortlessly removed and the whole point of using them just becomes null and void.

Warden is already pretty incredible at removing debuffs while lacking ST healing support (in general). Defiler has a balancing factor that in exchange for its high mobility, links and strong ST healing, they are bad at removing debuffs. I don't see a problem.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Haunting pain is the only way to keep storm shackle on a target.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Haunting pain is silly. Nothing should have 16 stacks. That I would change.
    get your face back on your keyboard and let the people who know how to play a mage talk about mage things

Rift Disciple

Nope. Deal with it~

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    I don't think giving someone the option to heal OR remove a debuff is a bad thing. The alternative is having debuffs just effortlessly removed and the whole point of using them just becomes null and void.

Warden is already pretty incredible at removing debuffs while lacking ST healing support (in general). Defiler has a balancing factor that in exchange for its high mobility, links and strong ST healing, they are bad at removing debuffs. I don't see a problem.
    Warden's AOE cleanse is Curative Waters which is not available but every 10 seconds. Every warfront I've been in the members have multiple stacks of debuffs. A 10 second timer on an AOE cleanse is hardly viable if you consider a WF has a single or few healers. Single targeting cleanses off every member of the raid with mulitiple debuffs is just unreasonable, especially when healing the raid.
    Genny@Greybriar

Rift Disciple

but all debuffs dont need to be cleansed. Some need to be cleansed asap, but others can be pretty much ignored. Should you heal the target or cleanse the target, very subjective.
    Fourtyfour

you know i'm just going to bring this thread to a close here by summing up the general consensus of many bad clerics:

remove the dominator soul from the game, healing is too hard

fin.

Rift Disciple

This one change would kill every ranged mage spec in one fell swoop. Its amazing how much of a mage's damage can be mitigated already with the cleanses we have available now. Anyway the decision whether to cleanse or heal as it is now brings another area of strategy to warfronts. No need to make healers even more easymode.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    More people should run warden to balance healing comp and get more cleanses.
    Sure, in a perfect playing pug environment - that might work, otherwise, nope.

Genny plays warden a lot. She should know better when to use the AOE Cleanse over Time ability. If she's having issues with haunting pain, it has always... ALWAYS been like that. Get the senti cleanse and the GCD reduction if it is such a hassle. Or even the puri mass cleanse.

So i will fall back to Constants post and quote: "Nope. Deal with it~".

There is however a bug if you wish to call it that with Curative Waters. Since CW is a smart cleanse around the cleric, it only will apply the CoT to people with actual curable debuffs. It will then render the CoT useless to anyone getting debuffs/dots there after. It really should give priority to people with dots/debuffs first and then apply CW to the ones without any dots/debuffs.

edit; An idea! Put in the warden tree where CW will cleanse one additional time during its active uptime on targets. So rather two cleanses total, it'd be three.
    Last edited by bctrainers; 04-19-2013 at 04:53 PM.
    --BC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast