+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: CQ Premades

Shadowlander

Default CQ Premades

I think we need to get some attention from Trion and get them to make some changes in CQ ASAP. Premades are getting out of hand and not being properly addressed. It has become a trend in CQ for premades and its horrible to be on the receiving end. Getting randomly put up against organized groups in CQ is unacceptable on Trions part. There needs to be some adjustments to prevent it or make a benefit for players getting put up against premades. It brutal and completely unfun to get rolled over and over in CQ and get little or no CQ power, Daily or Weekly quests completed. This goes againt everything a gamer and Trion intends. CQ power and trinkets are basically a must for raiders. For causal players who like some pvp this just takes the fun completely out of it and kills player base in pvp. So before pvp'rs start trolling this post think first. You rely on players in que to do your premades. If you kill it for them over and over like you have been it will end the whole think for you or slow it down like it has already. Im looking our for pvp'rs and pve's best intrests. I think premades are a great idea and should be allowed 100%. But not against completely random unorganized groups. There needs to be set premades que's or some sort of buff that stacks or something for players who random que. It has to be fun for everyone. Noone like to lose and that's part of the game but being setup for failure with little or no chance is a broken CQ que. I'd like this thread to be a list of ideas from pvp and pve player to get Trions attention for some adjustments to make this more enjoyable for everyone. Also lets get a some Arena's in rift and get some real pvp started besides just warfronts. Please be productive in this thread and lets get some ideas to get this handled.

I would agree with you in the past about CQ, but it is better now than it used to be.

As a lot of people know, I had an issue with multi raid premades vs pug vs pug. Nowadays you see a lot more premade vs premade vs pug and even premade vs premade vs premade which is obviously the most ideal. This can lead to a lot of fun for everyone involved, not just the faction on the right side.

I still think there should be some tweaks to discourage multiple raids being able to choose what faction they want, but besides that, it is a lot better than before.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Shadowlander

I agree mostly. The premade idea is great but all the changes to CQ have been mostly around AFK fixes. So now people randomly get screwed out of cq power ot rewards from it bugging out. why not just worry about making it more fun so there isn't so many players going afk after getting rolled over and over in cq. There is no reason for premades or players to be able to chose what team you get on. Its called a que for a reason. I don't get to que for merc or stop it from mercing me in warfronts so why allow it in CQ. It should be totally random and and allow players to que randomly as a group premade, but not 2 or 3 or 4 raids all together that's just horrible. Force premades to get put up against each other helps but it still leaves the solo random players in a bad situation. They need to be given some sort of stacking buff from being killed over and over till they can fight back or something of the sort. Most people will avoid going afk if the feel like they have a chance. no point in allowing players to get steam rolled over and over until the quit CQ all together. Not saying they need to able to win all the time that's completely different but able to avoid getting farmed atleast somehow.

CQ has been stagnant and unfun for so many for so long that people naturally are trying different ways to adapt to the fact that it probably won't change by much in the near future (as far as I can tell). The premade thing, like the 5v5 thing, evolved as a way to counter the repetition and lack of competition that PvP now suffers from. These ideas didn't happen overnight, though it looks that way if you just read the forums and not the PvP chat in-game. Until the devs do give us some sort of arena, or until they change CQ, they seem to be pretty content to sit back and watch the players adapt to the situation as it is. I'm pretty sure that yes, they do watch and take data like they do with other aspects of the game. So I don't anticipate the premades in CQ going anywhere for a while either.

Having said that, the premades for CQ are not elitist. Sometimes you end up in one, sometimes you don't. You can join the PvP Alliance channel and Aquabeerland channel in-game to join up for one. There are other channels as well, I just can't think of them at the moment. But no, it's not like the premades are a group of the select best few- far from it. It's just a way to try and change things up from the drudgery that is currently CQ.

It's the end of the day and my brain is fried so if the info is lacking or disjointed, forgive me.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Ascendant

They should just reduce the amount of marks needed to a reasonable level, currently it is just insane. Let everyone get their marks more easily (or provide alternatives via world pvp) so we don't have to spend as much time in that boring lag-fest where only about 50% of the players are rendered at a time.

If you have to force people to play, you obviously have a terrible design.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    They should just reduce the amount of marks needed to a reasonable level, currently it is just insane. Let everyone get their marks more easily (or provide alternatives via world pvp) so we don't have to spend as much time in that boring lag-fest where only about 50% of the players are rendered at a time.

If you have to force people to play, you obviously have a terrible design.
    That's basically the big issue if afk is such a big issue is trion not smart enough to figure out that means its not fun for those players going afk and makes it tougher for the rest of us since they take up space.!? Band-aids don't fix why people don't like cq but are almost forced to do cq anyways in order to raid.

Ive always chosen to set goals and challenges within the game that it currently allows for us to accomplish. I like to believe that if the premades can get a third faction going, that instead of these threads we will see threads asking the devs to allow more people in bc it is always full. Imho participation is higher in CQ than it has ever been. I don't really care about the CQ power issue, or the marks. Its a grind like any other in this game for gear or stats. If you want them then you have to grind for them. If anything the pvp players should be upset there is no pvp neck rune. Actually why isnt there one? Do any of the warfronts give us rep to get te current neck rune? im not sure to be honest. Seems fair enough to me. Anyway back on topic.

CQ is a grind, there are more effective ways to get through it (premades). Still it is by far the easiest grind on you considering it takes just 5-10 mins of your time a day. Wish rai gear was that easy! Alot of us pvpers might have more of it!

If you want to get Trions attention I would suggest you aim to argue we are having large numbers of people reachig the end of the progression challenges for pvp. This might be the best way to promote responses and the type of new content you are hoping for. Being no happy by being killed effectively over and over again in CQ probably wont go very far. Especially considerig... Well it is pvp and thats what you do in pvp, kill the eck out of the reds.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

premades have been the salvation of CQ. it was significantly worse without them.

though the request for random queues for all would solve some existing and most past problems as well as removing the need for premades to queue at all.

since it is clear Trion has no intention of making the queues random, more premades would be welcome.
    the more the merrier.

@OP: i am sorry you have been repeatedly stomped by the premades. these things happen when you roll the dice. sometimes you roll ones. sometimes sixes.
    you could join the premades if you wish for a different experience. the means of doing so for the different premade groups are posted elsewhere on these forums.

you could also try queueing specific factions instead of random. the RoD premade preffers oathsworn. the ABL premade preffers Nightfall.
    note that they dont always queue those factions, but that is the prefferences. other premades can be found on any faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    Ive always chosen to set goals and challenges within the game that it currently allows for us to accomplish. I like to believe that if the premades can get a third faction going, that instead of these threads we will see threads asking the devs to allow more people in bc it is always full. Imho participation is higher in CQ than it has ever been. I don't really care about the CQ power issue, or the marks. Its a grind like any other in this game for gear or stats. If you want them then you have to grind for them. If anything the pvp players should be upset there is no pvp neck rune. Actually why isnt there one? Do any of the warfronts give us rep to get te current neck rune? im not sure to be honest. Seems fair enough to me. Anyway back on topic.

CQ is a grind, there are more effective ways to get through it (premades). Still it is by far the easiest grind on you considering it takes just 5-10 mins of your time a day. Wish rai gear was that easy! Alot of us pvpers might have more of it!

If you want to get Trions attention I would suggest you aim to argue we are having large numbers of people reachig the end of the progression challenges for pvp. This might be the best way to promote responses and the type of new content you are hoping for. Being no happy by being killed effectively over and over again in CQ probably wont go very far. Especially considerig... Well it is pvp and thats what you do in pvp, kill the eck out of the reds.
    This is exactly the sad kind of comment i'd expect from a narrow vison person that i'd asked to not happen in this thread. Comletly negative and pointless comments. I'm looking for soloution and ideas not comments about the issues at hand. The vast majority of players have issues with conquest so lets stick to some new ideas instead of trolling a thread use it to help.

Torta is angry that I added grated carrots to her breakfast.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    premades have been the salvation of CQ. it was significantly worse without them.

though the request for random queues for all would solve some existing and most past problems as well as removing the need for premades to queue at all.

since it is clear Trion has no intention of making the queues random, more premades would be welcome.
    the more the merrier.

@OP: i am sorry you have been repeatedly stomped by the premades. these things happen when you roll the dice. sometimes you roll ones. sometimes sixes.
    you could join the premades if you wish for a different experience. the means of doing so for the different premade groups are posted elsewhere on these forums.

you could also try queueing specific factions instead of random. the RoD premade preffers oathsworn. the ABL premade preffers Nightfall.
    note that they dont always queue those factions, but that is the prefferences. other premades can be found on any faction.
    I agree some what that premades have been good for CQ. It been fun on the receiving end even if you lose its more competitive and you get daily's completed and can keep CQ power up even if you lose.

BUT, if you don't get into a premade you can be forced to do 2 conquests or rarly 3 to get your daily and keep cq power maxed out. This is a bad thing. the whole CQ power thing and the huge fall off of it is basically to force people to do CQ even though they don't enjoy it. Trion is leveraging CQ power to justify all their fall shorts in CQ's design. Putting something required to have to do PVE content in PVE is a completely broken idea.

I am not complaining about getting killed in CQ. I get on both ends of the sick. Butif you are not in a premade chances are drastically higher you will run into a raid and be completely wiped without getting a single group kill=no CQ power. Getting pwnd in pvp is why its called pvp. But it shouldn't allow for people to be doing premades against completely random players. It it was allowed in any professional sport none of us would watch. You watch pro sports to see who wins. If its setup from the start who will win people wouldn't watch and pro sports would die. It's very much the same situation in CQ. It needs to get fixed asap before to many players continue to drop out and the AFK rate has been sky rocketing. So to anyone who thinks CQ has been doing better lately you are completely wrong. All the patches have made adjustments to fix AFK. Afk is the issue. Why is it happening!? well its obvious that people don't enjoy it but have to go for CQ power and Trinkets or risk not being able to raid. Most raid guilds require it.
    I like the premades it just needs to be handled better and be fixed so it doesn't turn into the old CQ everyone hated when the PAin Train ran at 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    Torta is angry that I added grated carrots to her breakfast.
    Aww, does she not like grated carrots?
    Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    Aww, does she not like grated carrots?
    No, she hates them.

When I put her breakfast down this morning..she walked over to it, took a big sniff then stood there staring at me like "wtf?...."

Then pouted by laying on her food..eventually hunger won out though (not to mention she could see the mealworms wriggling)

Gotta have variety though!

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    No, she hates them.

When I put her breakfast down this morning..she walked over to it, took a big sniff then stood there staring at me like "wtf?...."

Then pouted by laying on her food..eventually hunger won out though (not to mention she could see the mealworms wriggling)

Gotta have variety though!
    That is such a cute mental image!
    Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    That is such a cute mental image!
    Yeah she was all butthurt at first. She is so funny!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast