+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: What pvp content is coming in the future?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default What pvp content is coming in the future?

    I am not here to complain, I like pvp in rift. There has simply been a long silence from "the powers that be" on what the pvp community can/should/shouldn't look forward to with regards to the future of rift pvp.

    This is what we know (or think we do):

    1. There is no new wf planned at the present time.
    2. There is no info on a new cq map or updates to cq THAT WE HAVE BEEN TOLD ABOUT (there are some rumors about pvp and new cq map with dendrome but we have no confirmation on this).
    3. There are no plans for arena or competitive or small scale pvp.
    4. There is no plan to bring back world pvp dailies or open world pvp rifts.
    5. There may be new pvp ranks released some time after 2.4.
    6. There has been some talk of group duels/ dimension duels but no confirmation on whether this is going to happen.
    7. Multiboxing in pvp is OK.

    This is all I can think of. If I am wrong please feel free to correct me. I am pretty much trying to find out what we as a pvp community can expect in the future. I intend to keep playing pvp in rift bc I enjoy it, tho a little love our way would be much appreciated.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fellurian View Post
    (there are some rumors about pvp and new cq map with dendrome but we have no confirmation on this).
    This part is the only part i can say with certainty will not be the case. Daglar confirmed that the Dendrome and it's new feature Strongholds will not be a PvP feature.

    As for the rest? i know about as much as you, saw mention of a new Conquest or even Conquests maps coming in Storm Legion, it was on a Dev stream but no date, when or where was given, sorry.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    There is no new content for pvp coming. Daglar already said there is nothing.

    Just pve stuff.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

    DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

  4. #4
    Mei
    Mei is offline
    Ascendant Mei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,294

    Default

    Wait, there are people still hoping things will get better?
    Fluent

  5. #5
    Ascendant Valnak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fellurian View Post
    3. There are no plans for arena or competitive or small scale pvp.
    We are currently creating our own content for this. If you wish to participate please see these threads:

    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...0s-15v15s.html

    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...tain-5v5s.html

    If you really wanted arena/small scale organized pvp to be put in the game you will participate and prove that people actually want this.

    Right now all we have are a few people on the forums saying they want it and then never participating in the organized 5v5s.

    Actions speak louder than words, let's prove to them that we want organized 5v5s or at least group duels.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple definitelynotzoar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    We are currently creating our own content for this. If you wish to participate please see these threads:

    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...0s-15v15s.html

    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...tain-5v5s.html

    If you really wanted arena/small scale organized pvp to be put in the game you will participate and prove that people actually want this.

    Right now all we have are a few people on the forums saying they want it and then never participating in the organized 5v5s.

    Actions speak louder than words, let's prove to them that we want organized 5v5s or at least group duels.

    Ill be on tonight for this.

  7. #7
    Prophet of Telara Morguloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    1,114

    Default

    I'd settle for a CQ that doesn't BOG down every time the zergs do battle, read something about Trion trying to allow CPUs with multiple cores to run on more than one core, which should help the frame rates, but atm I think CQ blows and I know I'm not alone with that feeling.

    WFs are great, maybe another one down the road but just no more silly event garbage like we recently saw with Codex.........I'll politely call it Balloon Dex....(though I can think of some other %&$$^&*^@*(*)*&*&&^ to call it )

  8. #8
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    actions speak louder than words but money won't stop shouting over them.

    And 20 people don't have enough.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Valnak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    actions speak louder than words but money won't stop shouting over them.

    And 20 people don't have enough.
    I'm trying to get enough people doing 5s/10s/15s to prove statements like this wrong.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple definitelynotzoar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    actions speak louder than words but money won't stop shouting over them.

    And 20 people don't have enough.
    /thread.

    /every content thread ever.

  11. #11
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    actions speak louder than words but money won't stop shouting over them.

    And 20 people don't have enough.
    but i subbed for a year.....

    honestly though the pve is great in this game the problem for me is their is such potential for pvp and its just ignored

  12. #12
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    I'm really glad I didn't buy the year long sub.

    Pig in a poke and all that jazz..
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

    DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple definitelynotzoar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Im not bias here. I play many other games for pvp but Rift would dump on ANYTHING if it just had the time and man hours to set up.


    People would flock.

  14. #14
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    I would sub for a year again if I saw gm_daglar in a WF or CQ outside of pts testing that onetime.

    I did 3 months renewal this time just cause he's nice enough to troll the boards with careful 1/2 information.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 04-19-2013 at 12:22 PM.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Baramos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by definitelynotzoar View Post
    Im not bias here. I play many other games for pvp but Rift would dump on ANYTHING if it just had the time and man hours to set up.


    People would flock.
    I agree as well, but potential can only keep people so long.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts