+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: Blue Bars - Nerf Time

Default Blue Bars - Nerf Time

Its high time Trion took a long hard look at these callings and swung the nerf bat. We all see it every day - clusters of blue bars taking no damage - they will lie, obfuscate, use chop logic
    any means possible to maintain their supremecy. They are the true outliers in this game and always have been. Its time they died like the rest of us. $15.00 / month does not entitle you to play a raid boss.

While admittedly I'm one to post a more logically influenced and well-formed thought, this is all I can come up with.

You mad.
    Morseus - P80 Defiant Mage
    Durandal - P70 Defiant Warrior
    Varkas - P3x Defiant Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Silus View Post
    While admittedly I'm one to post a more logically influenced and well-formed thought, this is all I can come up with.

You mad.
    The avatar really makes it.
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

I think the biggest problem is that it is much easier to heal than it is to dps. Raid frames and cast @focus / @self macros make healing trivial, and there is no real rotation to healing so that just makes it incredibly easy to stack healing for the win. It is easier to stack healing than it is to focus target through 7+ healers. Also, damage reductions are not displayed so those absorbs/dr cds are not even being acknowledge as a result of damage reduction which all tie in favor of healers.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 04-19-2013 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    it is much easier to heal than it is to dps

Thank you so much for this, you have brightened up my entire day! I just can't sop laughing!

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    I think the biggest problem is that it is much easier to heal than it is to dps.
    Oh God, please uninstall now. This game doesn't need your type of "common sense". Please, I'm begging you, for the betterment of the game, please stop playing and uninstall.

hardest part of healing on my cleric is bringing up the scoreboard to see who to ignore.

Then I spam instants while humping some los. Sometimes I hardcast something, but I usually have a CD to make that easier too.

Best part is if my team loses, it is obviously everyone else's fault because I'm a healer and I can do no wrong.

And the more healers that join the easier my job gets. Team frames are on by default. Everyone just naturally focuses those.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 04-19-2013 at 05:37 AM.

Let's not pretend healing is hard now lol. It's completely overrated. Good dps will completely demolish stacked healers. But the issue is we have a lot of bad dps that can't kill jack squat and sit in the back line hitting tanks err day.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

someone on guardians was marking a tank #1 this week. I forget the name, but it was healer claiming they simply wanted the tank dead.

and since no one can turn on enemy nameplates and health numbers, everyone happily kept focusing the tank.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 04-19-2013 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by betty View Post
    Its high time Trion took a long hard look at these callings and swung the nerf bat. We all see it every day - clusters of blue bars taking no damage - they will lie, obfuscate, use chop logic
    any means possible to maintain their supremecy. They are the true outliers in this game and always have been. Its time they died like the rest of us. $15.00 / month does not entitle you to play a raid boss.
    Betty, is it a particular bluebar you are unable to effect? Or just anything with blue under its healthbar?

Prophet of Telara

I can say as a healer that with the right dps and cc that it's very possible to kill healers and i emphasis the right dps, i know as a healer if a get a couple of the right dps on me, i will die.
    I know it's annoying when you get multiple healers in a wafront but at the same time it's annoying for me when the opposite team has entirely too much dps, it goes both ways so if you don't get a perfect team in your "pug" warfront, get over it already.
    One really good dps can put so much pressure on me in a warfront that there is no way i could heal anyone but myself, ONE GOOD dps can pressure a healer immensely so while we may not be dieing, we are only healing ourselves and therefore not really benefiting the team at that point, 2-3 good dps can kill a healer in a warfront.
    So instead of complaining about blue bars try properly cc'ing, focus firing or maybe even adapting to another spec that isn't half spec'd into a tank soul, yes i'm sorry you can't have 50k Hp and solo me...
    You can continually nerf clerics but the fact is that a good healer will adapt to it and utilize their abilities, so i suggest instead of yelling for nerfs everytime it takes you more than a few macros to kill a good healer, you just try adapting also

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    someone on guardians was marking a tank #1 this week. I forget the name, but it was healer claiming they simply wanted the tank dead.

and since no one can turn on enemy nameplates and health numbers, everyone happily kept focusing the tank.
    Obviously warrior tank threat gen is working in PvP too.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3198/badheals.png

This is proof right here and it is WITH MAGES, not even clerics which are even more OP than mages. Go back to my older post if you want to see how they usually abuse stacking healers, and this is not just happening once in awhile, it happens all the time.... and has been this way since pre SL. I have other pics of up to 5-7 clerics stacking heals to win in LEVEL 60 warfronts. I could have made an album for the 41-59 bracket about a month ago.

No one can take stone in middle for like 8mins. Players actually left game because of how stupid is was on both sides. Healing was way over the top and the only reason it was won was because some players left game..

Oh great...another "nerf healing" thread.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Blue bars are fine. I swear people just want everything nerfed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast