+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: When are we getting anew Warfront

Default When are we getting anew Warfront

Lol fail spacing
    The serious lack of pvp content is really getting to me now. The last new Warfront we had was when rift storm legion launched. Pvers have had what now 3-4 new raids and all we get is some CQ map because you know everyone in rift loves CQ. Trion can you please for the love of God feed us pvpers and give us a new warfront. Its not like making a raid and tuning bosses is harder then making a new warfront. Can you give us a hint or an explanation of why no new warfronts have yet to be developed?
    Last edited by Thedarkside; 04-18-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Rift Disciple definitelynotzoar's Avatar

Hint: player base = pve priority, $$$$$= incapable of pleasing non majority playerbase from a buisness perspective.

Or at least I think.... I could be wrong I heard Daglar had some bad premade experiences on his cleric back in the day ironicly pvp has never been the same since 1.6

/bait

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by definitelynotzoar View Post
    Or at least I think.... I could be wrong I heard Daglar had some bad premade experiences on his cleric back in the day ironicly pvp has never been the same since 1.6
    /bait
    Had plenty of great experiences in the premade I used to run. Bunny hopping around double warden for great justice. Rumors are funny.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Had plenty of great experiences in the premade I used to run. Bunny hopping around double warden for great justice. Rumors are funny.

~Daglar
    Are you going to participate in our captain 5s?

double annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    Maybe he does... OOooooOOooo
    Last edited by spaceboots; 04-18-2013 at 01:50 PM.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    Nope.

~Daglar

daglar are we gonna see anytime soon a new wf?
    no ETA needed.... just an answer to know
    plzzzz

Bah.... nvm he already said no.
    Last edited by definitelynotzoar; 04-18-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Nope.

~Daglar
    Please daglar can we get some idea if any new pvp warfronts are coming anytime soon. Seeing the lack of content for pvpers and massive amount of content for pvers is extremely disheartening. Remember we are part of the community and we all pay our subs.

~Daglar
    So how about an actual response to the OP??? like mods usually suggest? eh?

I for one agree, though as Violacea has said in other threads, sure the new souls added of course more variety to pvp however, that alone in itself is still a load of bullcrap compared to how little the pvp side of rift recieves as compared to everything else, especially when a so called new mode like "carnival dex" is a reskin of the warfront weve had pretty much all along... You will have to forgive the impatience and irritation I do apologize for that however, we just as other players in the rift community pay our 15$ as well, it would be nice to see more substantial changes.
    Esilia(Pyro/dom) Sayber(Rb/temp)
    Lenaea(Sentinel) Eude(Undecided atm)
    Former member of [Slayers] [Mayhem]

By the way, I made that rumor up...

Just so people know.

Dont ban please I have no more accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedarkside View Post
    The last new Warfront we had was when rift storm legion launched. Pvers have had what now 3-4 new raids
    Keep in mind that there's a significant difference between a new raid and a new warfront.

Raids are designed to have replay value, but they also eventually become obselete by design. Pretty much nobody runs the old level 50 raids anymore, for instance, and when they do, they steamroll them rather than do the fights the way that they were originally intended. Adding a new raid to the game is supposed to take focus off of the old raids, because running the same encounters grows old eventually.

By contrast, warfronts possess infinite replay value, because the entertainment there is player-driven, rather than designer-driven. The same maps that were in the game at launch still see constant play. Simply adding new warfronts at the same rate that new raids are added would simply mean that the existing population would be fragmented into so many different maps that you'd run the risk of not reaching critical mass for any of them.

This doesn't mean that new warfronts shouldn't be added, but it does mean that you can't just say "oh, the PvErs got a new zone, where's ours?". The two types of content are experienced and designed in fundamentally different ways that make that kind of direct comparison meaningless and counterproductive.

You guys...

I have been fighting this good fight for the better part of 2 years. It took me a while to realize if it was a priority it would happen. Obviously a Trion employee will never say you arent a priority. But from a buisness perspective unless they have extra money the time and resources are going to be put towards the things that please the larger portion of paying customers.

This thread can go on for days like the arena thread it wil end the same way as well

Time, money, resouces, and player reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Keep in mind that there's a significant difference between a new raid and a new warfront.

Raids are designed to have replay value, but they also eventually become obselete by design. Pretty much nobody runs the old level 50 raids anymore, for instance, and when they do, they steamroll them rather than do the fights the way that they were originally intended. Adding a new raid to the game is supposed to take focus off of the old raids, because running the same encounters grows old eventually.

By contrast, warfronts possess infinite replay value, because the entertainment there is player-driven, rather than designer-driven. The same maps that were in the game at launch still see constant play. Simply adding new warfronts at the same rate that new raids are added would simply mean that the existing population would be fragmented into so many different maps that you'd run the risk of not reaching critical mass for any of them.

This doesn't mean that new warfronts shouldn't be added, but it does mean that you can't just say "oh, the PvErs got a new zone, where's ours?". The two types of content are experienced and designed in fundamentally different ways that make that kind of direct comparison meaningless and counterproductive.
    exactly what u said.
    although i would like a new wf lets say at 2.4 or 2.5
    Last edited by simpa1988; 04-18-2013 at 02:13 PM.

Warfronts are boring... I would much rather have the new CQ map that was promised in the SL Gamespot Preview....
    Last edited by Muffinmans; 04-18-2013 at 02:16 PM.
    As for folks calling me a carebear, I've got 99 problems and being a carebear ain't one son. I've done far more than my share of virtual murder over the years. I've been part of alliances that have so heavily destabilized server balance in games that the other sides ceased to log in due to being so massively dominated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast