+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Omg clerics going dps!! Soo noob!!

Rift Disciple

Default Omg clerics going dps!! Soo noob!!

Probably beating a dead horse but seriously please shut the hell up with this nonsense. I've been a few warfronts now where people are actually harassing me and other clerics for playing inquisitor or shaman instead of being their personal healbot. Believe it or not, my reason for playing as DPS instead of heals is purely based on logic rather than a burning desire to sabotage our team. When I see that the same rouges and warriors whining about not getting heals are the same ones solo charging into a group of enemies, I worry that these people actually believe they know what they're doing. When I see not a single member of my team pay any attention to the actual objectives of the WF and instead focus on growing their epeens, I worry about going heals for these people. When I see my shabby self in mostly PvE gear out-DPSing and out-surviving these whiners, I wonder if they know how to read and do basic math.

That said, I would have absolutely no problem going heals for a team that knew how to play their classes and how to play for both objectives as well as just destroying the other team. Bottom line: if the cleric you're harassing is playing your role better than you, learn to play your class properly and show them that you know what you're doing in the WF and they might actually be willing to help you out. Until then, my subscription cost is coming out of my pocket so ill play the game any damn way I please.

dude (and all clerics/mages), it's your money, and your time, you spend both the way you want

your investment in the game is for your enjoyment....so play the way you like

never listen to the clowns that want to ***** at you to play the way they want you to play...if they're unhappy with your playstyle they're welcome to form a pre-made and not worry about you at all

HEY! Enough of your hate speech. Trion made Clerics to be a heal class. Inquisitor and Shaman are for leveling purposes only obviously.

You suggest that teamwork and logic would win WFs meanwhile you are obviously too bad at playing the game you can't heal the warrior who solo rushed the enemy line. And if you were healing said warrior it's your responsibility to heal them and peel enemies off yourself.

Oh hey! My sarcasm button was set to 11.

Seriously I feel ya. It's truely annoying that dps clerics are a convenient scapegoat.

There are 3 classes with a spec that pulls decent raid/support heals. Only warrior is not able to contribute meaningfully and its been a damn long time since I saw more than 3 warriors in a WF. Cleric isnt the only healer, just the most selfless players.

I see more complaining about people complaining than I see complaints about clerics not healing.

Then again, I have a long ignore list. It's worth it to use the ignore feature because the same ones that complain about you being DPS will complain that you weren't healing THEM when you switched.

They're also the same ones that won't run bard or chloro or anything that's not Tempest.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleT View Post
    Seriously I feel ya. It's truely annoying that dps clerics are a convenient scapegoat.
    They're only a scapegoat if they are actually at/near the top in dps and KB.

I've seen plenty of cleric DPS who are absolutely terrible and in the negative for dmg vs dmg-taken. Then again, those clerics would probably be awful at healing as well.

I think the saying goes, "Bads will be bads."

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Then again, those clerics would probably be awful at healing as well.
    Stop talking about me! *runs away crying*
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Rift Chaser

I think the misaken impression comes from clerics having lower boss dps than the other classes, so many pvers think that makes them less effective in pvp, when the opposite is the case.
    Last edited by Bramir; 04-16-2013 at 09:03 AM.

You chose the class with the best ST heals in the game. Prepare to be ridiculed when you don't play correctly in a team setting.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 04-16-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    You chose the class with the best ST heals in the game. Prepare to be ridiculed when you don't play correctly in a team setting.
    We also chose the class with some of the best ranged ST burst damage and some of the best aoe burst damage in the game, so we should probably be ridiculed for healing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramir View Post
    We also chose the class with some of the best ranged ST burst damage and some of the best aoe burst damage in the game, so we should probably be ridiculed for healing as well.
    I said in a team setting, not a l33t 360 no scope seastone 1v1 owned gank.

Rift Chaser

I said in a team setting, not a l33t 360 no scope seastone 1v1 owned gank.
    Ever seen the damage numbers a decent cabalist puts out in CQ? Not to mention the AoE CC spam.

ST burst damage is also how you kill people in a warfront (I'm sure you already knew that).

Those are both team settings...

Rift Disciple

Right... Cause I'm the only one not playing correctly in a team setting. Read the original post. I would hardly call it a team at all the way these guys play WFs sometimes... Ugh don't even get me started on CQ

Quote Originally Posted by Bramir View Post
    Ever seen the damage numbers a decent cabalist puts out in CQ? Not to mention the AoE CC spam.

ST burst damage is also how you kill people in a warfront (I'm sure you already knew that).

Those are both team settings...
    Feel free to cab after healing is taken care of. Otherwise enjoy the *****ing.

On my cleric, I start out as heals and heal players that are actually worth healing. If I can't find any then I'll have to revert to killing opponents myself and switch to dps. I'm sorry if that offends people I'm in the warfront with.

Keeping a mass amount of derp alive is the same as not having any heals in the first place.

The good news is most the time I am able to stay heals, but last night I had no choice quite often for some reason.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 04-16-2013 at 09:28 AM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast