+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: (Video) Demonmind - Pyro/Dom with Transference and TI

Shadowlander

Default (Video) Demonmind - Pyro/Dom with Transference and TI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YJVRQb8SpY

Removed 2 points from pyro to get transference and traitorous influence.

Feedback Appreciated!
    Last edited by Demonmind; 04-15-2013 at 09:30 AM.

Ascendant

Just an aside, does nobody in PVP have gear? Almost everyone you fought had between 19k-22k hitpoints. I saw one warrior with 31k, otherwise most of them seemed to be at the base.

Great vid demon!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by aeio View Post
    Just an aside, does nobody in PVP have gear? Almost everyone you fought had between 19k-22k hitpoints. I saw one warrior with 31k, otherwise most of them seemed to be at the base.
    I love random peeps whom no one has ever heard of bashing the play of others. Demon is not afraid to mix it up in 5v5's. That's more than I can say for 90% of you forum heroes who are afraid of being exposed (*cough cough* Gunzip comes to mind). And Demon is pretty new to Rift PvP and he does a good job, imo.

Also, he plays the toughest class in the game and isn't afraid to post vids of his play. Most people are too scared to show their play. Hell, at least BishopX (as bad as he is) isn't afraid.

Nice video always enjoy pyro/dom the best when i play mage even if it is abit on the weak side. If you ever played the old pyro/dom i might recommend http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zcaNdgsm...schuhsocxq0ovM
    You have a plethora of utility and i find burning bonds a must, also an enemy can be squirrelled whilst still under the root of bonds and priest lament can really annoy a healer when hidden behind haunting pain but alot of this build can be modified for preference.

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    I love random peeps whom no one has ever heard of bashing the play of others.
    I love random folks that no one has ever heard of getting touchy when other random folks ask a question about a video that their buddy posted.

Rift Master

People are bad at pvp (loved the inq casting on you with no self-buffs...). Doesn't mean it's not fun to see a solid player tear them apart. Good vid.

When stuff "works out" for pyro/dom (more players trickle in at just the right rate, and none of them have or use CC breaks), it's a machine. You run into problems when rogues appropriately burn cleanse soul, harbs appropriately use phantom blades, and inqs... apply their own buffs?

Ascendant

I love random peeps whom no one has ever heard of bashing the play of others. Demon is not afraid to mix it up in 5v5's. That's more than I can say for 90% of you forum heroes who are afraid of being exposed (*cough cough* Gunzip comes to mind). And Demon is pretty new to Rift PvP and he does a good job, imo.

Also, he plays the toughest class in the game and isn't afraid to post vids of his play. Most people are too scared to show their play. Hell, at least BishopX (as bad as he is) isn't afraid.
    Shut up Thiuss.

I was not commenting on anyone's play. I was wondering why almost nobody in the video was wearing PVP gear. I play a 61 pyro and I have about 25.5k hitpoints. When I see people with 19k-21k hit points I know they have no gear. My Chloro goes over 30k hitpoints.

Too bad you don't know me, I know you.. So nananana... And again I did not comment on anyone's play. Perhaps you can have some explain the use of the word "aside" to you.

I do have full warlord gear and all possible upgrades for pvp. I will go over it again, because your post really smacks of not even reading what I said. I asked why do so many people not have pvp gear. That is all. I don't even know how many hitpoints the OP has, because his hitpoint counter is not on. Pure Pyro is one of the squishest builds possible and I get 25.5k hit points or so.... So my point stands... I watched through the video, twice actually. I never commented on any play. I found it interesting because my main is a mage. If you really want me to analyze the video based on my experience as a Pyro, well too bad. The OP did and said nothing wrong and I have no beef with him. I think you are a can of compressed air though.

I give credit to anyone making a go at it as a mage these days as outside of playing a chloro it is hard compared to the other three classes. So no I am not going to attack the OP for having the balls to play the least playable class in the game while you play a lol class and act cool.

I was wondering why almost nobody in the video was wearing PVP gear.
    Perhaps because demon is in ranked matches and isn't even r70 yet?

Pretty sure he's not even full freelancer gear yet.
    Last edited by Valnak; 04-15-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonmind View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YJVRQb8SpY

Removed 2 points from pyro to get transference and traitorous influence.

Feedback Appreciated!
    I have been going 50/26 pyro dom its just stright damage and a lot of toggling internalize charge.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    I love random folks that no one has ever heard of getting touchy when other random folks ask a question about a video that their buddy posted.

It's not necessarily because it's their "buddy", we've all did 5s with demon in them and he was not experienced at them at all and he learned and adapts very quickly and i'd say that about him whether he was a "buddy" or not.
    So yeah when someone asks questions in a condescending way instead of offering advice, people may comment to those people, if they can dish it out i'm sure they can take it

Ascendant

Shut up Thiuss.

I was not commenting on anyone's play. I was wondering why almost nobody in the video was wearing PVP gear. I play a 61 pyro and I have about 25.5k hitpoints. When I see people with 19k-21k hit points I know they have no gear. My Chloro goes over 30k hitpoints.

Too bad you don't know me, I know you.. So nananana... And again I did not comment on anyone's play. Perhaps you can have some explain the use of the word "aside" to you.

I do have full warlord gear and all possible upgrades for pvp. I will go over it again, because your post really smacks of not even reading what I said. I asked why do so many people not have pvp gear. That is all. I don't even know how many hitpoints the OP has, because his hitpoint counter is not on. Pure Pyro is one of the squishest builds possible and I get 25.5k hit points or so.... So my point stands... I watched through the video, twice actually. I never commented on any play. I found it interesting because my main is a mage. If you really want me to analyze the video based on my experience as a Pyro, well too bad. The OP did and said nothing wrong and I have no beef with him. I think you are a can of compressed air though.

I give credit to anyone making a go at it as a mage these days as outside of playing a chloro it is hard compared to the other three classes. So no I am not going to attack the OP for having the balls to play the least playable class in the game while you play a lol class and act cool.
    Ok fair enough. But when you come out saying "Oh, those people had no PvP gear" you are implying that the OP was simply beating up on baddies and has no skill whatsoever. You can deny that, but that's what it sounded like to me.

First of all, unless we are living in pre-SL times, gear doesn't matter in WF's nearly as much as it used to. To say someone "doesn't have PvP gear" doesn't mean a whole lot anymore. Sure, a full WL set will be better than wearing greens, but nothing like it was back in the R8 days.

Perhaps in this video he was beating bads. But keep in mind that it's pretty hard to make a (PUG) video where you aren't killing bads since the vast majority of players are bad. Meduza makes vids where he mostly kills bads, yet no one seems to call him out on that. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with such videos, especially when they are doing what Meduza does and looking to kill 2, 3, 4 or 5 people at once. It's still entertaining to watch even when the competition is bad.

But I've played with and against Demon. He is a pretty good mage, especially for the time he has been playing. A lot of the "big named" mages on these forums have been playing Rift for years, so you have to keep that in perspective. (And Rift has lost most of it's best mages in the past year. Only a few that really stand out anymore -- a very select few).

Ok fair enough. But when you come out saying "Oh, those people had no PvP gear" you are implying that the OP was simply beating up on baddies and has no skill whatsoever. You can deny that, but that's what it sounded like to me.

First of all, unless we are living in pre-SL times, gear doesn't matter in WF's nearly as much as it used to. To say someone "doesn't have PvP gear" doesn't mean a whole lot anymore. Sure, a full WL set will be better than wearing greens, but nothing like it was back in the R8 days.

Perhaps in this video he was beating bads. But keep in mind that it's pretty hard to make a (PUG) video where you aren't killing bads since the vast majority of players are bad. Meduza makes vids where he mostly kills bads, yet no one seems to call him out on that. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with such videos, especially when they are doing what Meduza does and looking to kill 2, 3, 4 or 5 people at once. It's still entertaining to watch even when the competition is bad.

But I've played with and against Demon. He is a pretty good mage, especially for the time he has been playing. A lot of the "big named" mages on these forums have been playing Rift for years, so you have to keep that in perspective. (And Rift has lost most of it's best mages in the past year. Only a few that really stand out anymore -- a very select few).
    If it was rank 8 days again i would duel you all day in chlorodom and you can go nbrs <3

Quote Originally Posted by slash_wrists View Post
    It's not necessarily because it's their "buddy", we've all did 5s with demon in them and he was not experienced at them at all and he learned and adapts very quickly and i'd say that about him whether he was a "buddy" or not.
    So yeah when someone asks questions in a condescending way instead of offering advice, people may comment to those people, if they can dish it out i'm sure they can take it
    Getting offended for other people is pretty silly. Demonmind asked for feedback. Someone gave him feedback.

It's up to him from there how he wants to respond to the feedback he gets. Browsing the rift forums is not a good way to combat boredom.

Telaran

Great video. it was fun to watch as I enjoy using pyro/dom on my mage aswell.

It's a shame this thread was derailed.
    [ Sim | Healgasmic | Simniel | Simbo ]
    Nefarious - #1 Oceanic Raiding Guild
    Raid Videos

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast