+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: RIFT's stance on multi-boxing is... OK

Default RIFT's stance on multi-boxing is... OK

I just can not believe RIFT support staff thinks muliti-boxing is ok ... are they trying to lose customers - I guess so as I am ready to quite because of it!!!

I think they need to tighten the "rules" on people having more than one account that use them for PVP - they should make separate warfront just for multiboxers lol just like Blizzard did for twinks and it died off as it took skill to PVP like this it most people just like killing the under-geared people easily...

Below is taken from: https://support.trionworlds.com/app/...~/multi-boxing

What is In-Game Support’s stance on multi-boxing?

It is perfectly valid for a player to play the game on multiple accounts at the same time.

While we do not condone or tolerate unattended gameplay or botting, if a player is actively in control of all of their characters, they are not in violation of our Code of Conduct.

Plane Walker

Ugh, this again.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazie View Post
    ... are they trying to lose customers - [/url]
    I have seen hundreds of people leave the game and none of them have ever told me they are leaving because of multiboxers.

Thanks for bringing this issue to the forums though, we haven't had any multiboxer threads here that I know of.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Ascendant

1. Use CC
    2. Use damage
    3. Apply 1 and 2 intelligently with 4 other people
    4. Add healing
    5. Win

If five people cannot defeat five characters being controlled by one person, that is a l2p issue.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

What constitutes a 3rd party program violation?

Trion Worlds strictly prohibits the creation of clients or modification of our client in ways that would allow for automated play (generally known as "botting"), or modification that negatively impacts the experience of other players. Using any programs that can bypass normal gameplay mechanics is also prohibited. Such creation, use, or modification of this kind is in direct violation of Code of Conduct'

A description of our Code of Conduct Violations can be found here. A Use of 3rd Party Programs Violation is considered a Major Violation.

https://support.trionworlds.com/app/...JKd0xubA%3D%3D

this might help you win the war.
    Last edited by Orangu; 04-14-2013 at 10:38 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

i think it's time for fotm and nuku to save the day once again.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ911 View Post
    Ugh, this again.
    the problem is you KIDS keep asking for easier and easier games

I mean today , I have a server sitting next to me and it had 10 virtual computers running on it, I could install and play 11 seperate instances of this game concurrently. but as far back as 2001, yes thats before some of you were born as erie as that sounds, when computers were big old clunky things that cost 900 bucks to make back when that was a months rent........ multi boxing was FINE back then too (team wizzy LOL)

nobody complained about multi boxing in daoc or in warhammer because those games had less insta cast spells. multi boxing was a problem in wow and a problem here because you guys keep asking for easier and easier to use and more insta spells, to this is the result.

obliterate cannons
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    the problem is you KIDS keep asking for easier and easier games...yes thats before some of you were born as erie as that sounds
    How many twelve-year-olds do you think are actually posting and reading here? Come on.

Threads about multiboxers are kind of like multiboxers in game; They're annoying and take up space.

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    Threads about multiboxers are kind of like multiboxers in game; They're annoying and take up space.
    No one HAS to read or respond to these threads. It is a problem in low level WFs. After blizz disabled auto follow in randoms, it came here. Blizz saw the error in this, trion needs to follow blizz on this one.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Ascendant

I just can not believe RIFT support staff thinks muliti-boxing is ok ... are they trying to lose customers - I guess so as I am ready to quite because of it!!!
    Please just go, clearly after two years Trion aren't going to pander to this ancient QQ.

do you see a multiboxer that is one shotting people? Here is a simple solution, use a yank/knockback/etc on the one in front that is being controlled and BAM, they can no longer auto follow and fall into disarray.

Other useful methods: brospear, heavy AOE, marking them for focus fire, arrested presence, sheeping multiple ones, running away til above are possible, etc...

Did I mention brospear?

There's this lovely game mechanic called moving that allows you to go the opposite direction of other people that I find extremely useful for avoiding certain players. As a rogue I feel it is my duty to explain this to other callings.
    Last edited by Orangu; 04-15-2013 at 05:29 AM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

I think they need to tighten the "rules" on people having more than one account that use them for PVP - they should make separate warfront just for multiboxers lol just like Blizzard did for twinks and it died off as it took skill to PVP like this it most people just like killing the under-geared people easily...

Below is taken from: https://support.trionworlds.com/app/...~/multi-boxing

What is In-Game Support’s stance on multi-boxing?

It is perfectly valid for a player to play the game on multiple accounts at the same time.

While we do not condone or tolerate unattended gameplay or botting, if a player is actively in control of all of their characters, they are not in violation of our Code of Conduct.
    The forums have a search feature, use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    Hahaha nice.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

So I logged in and played my warrior last night, ran into the "N" bot group. Used group summon and destroyed them. Looks like more trouble than its worth tbh, all it takes is a pull spec to ruin the group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast