+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rage!!!

Rift Disciple

Default Rage!!!

So I just came out of a Karthan Ridge where my team was getting wtfpwned. We were down 1 (side sink nearest to base) and I realized we weren't getting any kills. So I took it upon myself after respawning to run mid and grab the core that had just respawned (they had the other one still). I ran all the way to their mid core and destroyed it and ran back to mid. The other team had capped our mid core right before I capped theirs so we were down 2 for a few. I'm greeted in mid by their cleric tank. I Rift Tomb him and grab the core and proceed to destroy their side core furthest from their base. We are now tied 2/2 and this is a synopsis of what warfront chat looks like:

This is over, they've already won.

Theres too many heals.

They're way stronger than us.

You guys just suck.

Meanwhile their cleric tank has picked up the core that has respawned and there's an big battle at our last core. Most of our guys are there but there are a few others dawdling about at the base's mid area letting us know why we won't win even though we are now 2/2 after being 0/2. I grab the next core that spawns and run to their last core (side and closest to their base). I have the cleric tank on focus at this point and every time the "Destroying" cast goes off and almost doesn't get interrupted my heart starts to palpitate. I clear the bend put my toon on auto run and frantically type: (in caps, cause I fat finger my tab key and caps usually ends up on)

"I CAPPED TOO"

"2"

"DEFEND"

I make it to the core, the naysayers are still going on in chat even now. The cleric starts his cap. I start my cap and the race begins.

A quarter.

Halfway.

Three quarters.

No interruption...

For the cleric that is...

Guardians win.

FFFFFUUUUUUU!!!

I managed to pull a 2 pt comeback out of nowhere and my team somehow managed to remain oblivious to the fact that we actually had a chance at winning. Just one more interrupt by the few guys left defending or if the ones who had stayed at the base had gone to help defend and we would have had it. Anyone else have any PVP moments like these that just make you want to rage?

A clip I caught of me raging unexpectedly during a commentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3JiBPHr0T4

Don't take my buffs
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-14-2013 at 12:10 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

In most wfs when there are tons of healers its easier to do objectives. Healers dont stop caps and usually dont move fast from point to point since they follow dps.

Ive had similar situations and get frustrated when im the main healer or dps and stop to take care of objectives because my team is sitting in one spot or focused on board numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman2k11 View Post
    So I just came out of a Karthan Ridge where my team was getting wtfpwned. We were down 1 (side sink nearest to base) and I realized we weren't getting any kills. So I took it upon myself after respawning to run mid and grab the core that had just respawned (they had the other one still). I ran all the way to their mid core and destroyed it and ran back to mid. The other team had capped our mid core right before I capped theirs so we were down 2 for a few. I'm greeted in mid by their cleric tank. I Rift Tomb him and grab the core and proceed to destroy their side core furthest from their base. We are now tied 2/2 and this is a synopsis of what warfront chat looks like:

This is over, they've already won.

Theres too many heals.

They're way stronger than us.

You guys just suck.

Meanwhile their cleric tank has picked up the core that has respawned and there's an big battle at our last core. Most of our guys are there but there are a few others dawdling about at the base's mid area letting us know why we won't win even though we are now 2/2 after being 0/2. I grab the next core that spawns and run to their last core (side and closest to their base). I have the cleric tank on focus at this point and every time the "Destroying" cast goes off and almost doesn't get interrupted my heart starts to palpitate. I clear the bend put my toon on auto run and frantically type: (in caps, cause I fat finger my tab key and caps usually ends up on)

"I CAPPED TOO"

"2"

"DEFEND"

I make it to the core, the naysayers are still going on in chat even now. The cleric starts his cap. I start my cap and the race begins.

A quarter.

Halfway.

Three quarters.

No interruption...

For the cleric that is...

Guardians win.

FFFFFUUUUUUU!!!

I managed to pull a 2 pt comeback out of nowhere and my team somehow managed to remain oblivious to the fact that we actually had a chance at winning. Just one more interrupt by the few guys left defending or if the ones who had stayed at the base had gone to help defend and we would have had it. Anyone else have any PVP moments like these that just make you want to rage?
    I think I was in same loosing team.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion333 View Post
    I think I was in same loosing team.
    Tell him the truth.

Every time he shouted "GUYS WER'E TIED! WE CAN DO THIS!!!"

You responded "Its no use guys there are too many heals."

"COME ON GUYS!!!!!"

...."its pointless look at those healing numbers."

Oblivion chuckles wickedly in the background.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 04-14-2013 at 01:57 PM.

Lol, I have experienced this sooo many times in wf's.

I have filled ragequitter spots and seen the scoreboard turnaround for us to win too many times to tell.

It really does bug me when the same trolls start their "you're bad..terrible...horrible" diatribe in my team, it's such a quitter attitude, and dampens the morale and fun of the rest of the team who are actually trying to do something. Usually when the trolls ragequit the wf, we win lmao.

Heals are a great luxury, but I have also been in many wf's without a healer on our team and won. Mind you nobody in those teams whinged about having no healers, they just got the job done.

Omg I just remembered one codex I did with a bunch of other rogues, it was hilarious, we all went bard for laughs and won haha.

The thing I love most about PVP is how unpredictable and challenging it can be. The important thing is to have fun

Prophet of Telara

Sounds pretty normal. Had the same situation this weekend in Karthan while my GF and I were playing. She's never played MMO's before, just hit 60, and we didn't PVP on the way to 60. In this particular WF, she managed to grab stones and get over to two of the cap points while I killed the only 1-2 people that seemed to notice her doing so.

Our team had the same whiny comments mentioned above and eventually lost. The two of us just couldn't manage to get that one in front of their base while our whole team dorked around in the middle. It's amazing how much just a few people can do on a team...just as amazing as how many people have no clue what the objectives are...

+ Reply to Thread