+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Silences, stuns, etc. ...

Fia

Default Silences, stuns, etc. ...

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows if Trion ever plans to implement a proper diminishing return system, the way it is implemented now just seems really horrible. I'm stunned, silenced, purged etc. most of the time meaning it's really hard to heal if I can get cc'ed almost non-stop ... At least a little immunity time in between would be awesome.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

With the strength of current healers, outside of the stupid long harb stun, CC is fine.
    Clerics have more than enough leeway to deal with most most CC, whether it be emergency buttons (sentis full heal, 3 break frees, run buff, heal on cleanse) or preemptive strikes (def: pre cast FG, UT) especially when you are specced properly.

Proper CC placement should be rewarded with a kill, and against a semi decent healer, its the only way to actually kill one short of heavy FF and draining.

And there are always consumables to assist.

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    At least a little immunity time in between would be awesome.
    There's immunity equal to the length of the CC.

Which with the plethora of crappy CC they give us with short CDs, it can feel like a lot.

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    With the strength of current healers, outside of the stupid long harb stun, CC is fine.
    Being able to silence/stun someone for over 15 seconds is not something I would call "fine". Run buff is, of course, nice to have, but mostly useless against pulls or roots, which happen a lot. What does FT and UT stand for and where do I get my 3rd break free? I must have missed something in the healing souls.

There's immunity equal to the length of the CC.
    So if I break free after 1 second I get immunity for 1 second?

nerf squirrel
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    nerf squirrel
    +1

/10char

Hard to tell. I don't think so. I believe I tested this by getting a dom friend to squirrel me and immediately broke free. Then he spammed squirrel and I was squirreled at 8s after I broke free.

Please test yourself to confirm/deny my findings.

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    Hard to tell. I don't think so. I believe I tested this by getting a dom friend to squirrel me and immediately broke free. Then he spammed squirrel and I was squirreled at 8s after I broke free.

Please test yourself to confirm/deny my findings.
    Ok thanks, I will. :) It just seems to me that stuns, silences and other forms of cc each have seperate diminishing returns, meaning if you stun someone you can immediately silence him afterwards etc. Not sure though, haven't tested it, would be cool if someone who has tested this could answer. :)
    Last edited by Fia; 04-13-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Ok thanks, I will. It just seems to me that stuns, silences and other forms of cc each have seperate diminishing returns, meaning if you stuns someone you can immediately silence him afterwards etc.. Not sure though, haven't tested it, would be cool if someone who has tested this could answer.

DR is hilariously broken in favor of the CC user currently. I have a rundown on how it works in another thread:

Here's how it works currently:

Player A is a dominator with spammable instant squirrel. In this scenario he's doing nothing but spamming squirrel. In the real world he's doing a lot more.

Player B is a player who only has one CC break (Break Free) and is doing nothing in this scenario except spamming break free.

0s -> B is Squirreled -> B Breaks Free -> B is immune to CC for 8s (or does break free mess it up and make it only 5s? I need to test this) -> 8.0s B is able to be CC'd again -> 8.0s B is squirreled for 8s -> 16.0s B is finished being squirreled and is immune to CC for 8s -> 24.0s B is able to be CC'd again -> 24.0s B is squirreled for 8s -> ....

snip
    Go to the thread where it's quoted from and you'll see some videos showing how strong cc can be in 5v5s.

Fia

DR is hilariously broken in favor of the CC user currently. I have a rundown on how it works in another thread:

Go to the thread where it's quoted from and you'll see some videos showing how strong cc can be in 5v5s.
    Cool stuff, thanks! :D

Being able to silence/stun someone for over 15 seconds is not something I would call "fine". Run buff is, of course, nice to have, but mostly useless against pulls or roots, which happen a lot. What does FT and UT stand for and where do I get my 3rd break free? I must have missed something in the healing souls.

You cannot be stun/silenced for 15 seconds.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Ascendant

So much misinformation in here...
    You cannot be silenced then stunned as they share the same DR
    There are two kinds of DR: Stuns/Silences and Root/snare, you may be immune to one but not the other or immune to both at once.
    If you use break free instantly your immunity period will not last long as you have not been CC'd for long.

CC is fine right now, though I would like to see silence have its own DR group. People deserve their kills if they use CC properly.
    Last edited by Tookmyjob; 04-13-2013 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    There are two kinds of DR: Stuns/Silences and Root/snare, you may be immune to one but not the other or immune to both at once.
    If you use break free instantly your immunity period will not last long as you have not been CC'd for long.

CC is fine right now, though I would like to see silence have its own DR group. People deserve their kills if they use CC properly.
    snares have no dr.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    You cannot be stun/silenced for 15 seconds.
    Its more like 8 or 9 seconds if hit from a full ap silence. At least thats how long it feels, but its up there.

To the OP. cc is currently ok save for doms who are cc kings. Ap needs a cd. Drains need lowered in a clerics case, boosted against mages. Suggestion: cut mage mana and dom drains to balance.

Squirreling someone and stunning and silencing them until they are fully out of mana is too one sided and takes no time at all against clerics. Ironically your only hope is if you are getting hit by aoe or some focus so the squirrel doesnt stick. Doms, imo, need a cc nerf.

My suggestion would make doms equally effective vs chloro and cleric so doing that would in no way shape or form hinder the current problem of too much healing, only balance it out between the two main healing callings. Also, look at links from defiler. too much mitigation/and or too easy to recast. Makes one wonder why synth is on a cd.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post

Main thing i dislike with the current setup is that if you immediately break free you actually hurt yourself since your immunity is as fast as you are. Its like being punished for being on your toes, and rewarded for being slow. With build varieties and multiple opponents its not like you can bank on knowing what/if you can be hit again right after for the same thing. I dislike the current setup, but admit I've no grand suggestions for better play.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast