+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Multiboxing

Soulwalker

Default Multiboxing

The few multiboxers out there are ruining the warfronts for countless players. Simply put, this reflects a terrible business model that Trion supports through their lack of action taken against these paying "players". To allow one person with five accounts to ruin the warfronts of hundreds, if not thousands of paying players is absurd and boggles me to no end.

Trion, please make this a permanent, bannable offense. This doesn't just concern the players either. Your profits are in jeopardy. Sure, a multiboxer pays for 5 accounts. That's great, if only everyone would multibox, right? Until these multiboxers start driving people from warfronts, which leaves players with a smaller spectrum of things to do in Rift, potentially leading to a quicker turnover rate as players become increasingly bored of PvE, rifts and crafting. And they certainly won't step back into warfronts, what with all of those multiboxers. So yeah, for this month profits will be up... But if allowed to continue players will easily become frustrated and detached from the game.

If you cannot see the logic in the imbalance of allowing multiboxing, maybe you'll recognize that it stands to hit you in your wallets.
    Last edited by The Oz; 04-13-2013 at 01:50 PM.

The second person in an hour with their first post being about multiboxers.

Cute.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Quote Originally Posted by The Oz View Post
    The few multiboxers out there are ruining the warfronts for countless players. Simply put, this reflects a terrible business model that Trion supports through their lack of action taken against these paying "players". To allow one person with five accounts to ruin the warfronts of hundreds, if not thousands of paying players is absurd and boggles me to no end.

Trion, please make this a permanent, bannable offense. This doesn't just concern the players either. Your profits are in jeopardy. Sure, a multiboxer pays for 5 accounts. That's great, if only everyone would multibox, right? Until these multiboxers start driving people from warfronts, which leaves players with a smaller spectrum of things to do in Rift, potentially leading to a quicker turnover rate as players become increasingly bored of PvE, rifts and crafting. And they certainly won't step back into warfronts, what with all of those multiboxers. So yeah, for this month profits will be up... But if allowed to continue players will easily become frustrated and detached from the game.

If you cannot see the logic in the imbalance of allowing multiboxing, maybe you'll recognize that it stands to hit you in your wallets.
    I agree with this 100% with out any doubt.

Jk
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Keota View Post
    I agree with this 100% with out any doubt.

Jk

Bah, got me!
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    Bah, got me!
    I know I know.. Im sneaky
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by The Oz View Post

Thats alot of talking with zero arguments. How exactly does a multiboxer ruin a warfront? What is the exact issue?

its very rare that 5 randomly grouped people will focus fire consistently
    who took my names!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Monkey View Post
    its very rare that 5 randomly grouped people will focus fire consistently
    Not the multiboxers fault.

Shadowlander

man someone just needs to make a detailed thread about boxing and get it stickied.the funny thing is i had a gm whisper me today and he said i had almost 100 reports to me.he understood i was a boxer but to make sure he whispered all my guys and i answered him from each one.then he went on and asked how my day was and i told him about all the ragers in wf and he laughed..basicly trion nows multiboxing isnt breaking any rules so u need to chill on the reports bc i bet there going to start doing something about the false reports..

have fun in the wfs peeps
    Last edited by Krazynate; 04-14-2013 at 12:27 AM.

You know what would be funny?

If the 5 man Rogue multi-boxer queued with the 5 man Cleric multi-boxer.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Default just to add more fuel to the fire

so a couple questions-

When MBing, all your toons abilities are bound to the same keypress on the controller toon right? If so, then

How do you use only 1 interrupt without wasting say 3 more, which could have been used by real players( not botting) on different targets which would obviously be more beneficial to your team?

CC's- So you want to snare an opponent, so all your toons cast the same ability, but only one is effective? Once again, 3 real players would be more beneficial.

Now if you're cc'd, then? You waste all your CC breakers? What if one of your bots is CC'd?

Respawn timer? Do you just wait around to release or just wait in spawn for all your toons to get rez'd?

Let's look at the Positive side of MBing, so no one can say my post is pure negativity...

Well you can purge pretty much every buff off an opponent in 1 key press, without having to use any cordination whatsoever. seems fair....

You can hit one opponent with a hard hitting ability at the exact same time between say 4 toons, and basically decimate them, without any worries about teamwork, cordination, latency, human error. sounds legit!

sorry think of much more else positive to say?

So the main question boils down to-

Do you think you and your squad of bots are more beneficial to a team, then say a decently skilled real person in full control of their character?

Quote Originally Posted by lilstev24 View Post
    so a couple questions-

When MBing, all your toons abilities are bound to the same keypress on the controller toon right? If so, then

How do you use only 1 interrupt without wasting say 3 more, which could have been used by real players( not botting) on different targets which would obviously be more beneficial to your team?

CC's- So you want to snare an opponent, so all your toons cast the same ability, but only one is effective? Once again, 3 real players would be more beneficial.

Now if you're cc'd, then? You waste all your CC breakers? What if one of your bots is CC'd?

Respawn timer? Do you just wait around to release or just wait in spawn for all your toons to get rez'd?

Let's look at the Positive side of MBing, so no one can say my post is pure negativity...

Well you can purge pretty much every buff off an opponent in 1 key press, without having to use any cordination whatsoever. seems fair....

You can hit one opponent with a hard hitting ability at the exact same time between say 4 toons, and basically decimate them, without any worries about teamwork, cordination, latency, human error. sounds legit!

sorry think of much more else positive to say?

So the main question boils down to-

Do you think you and your squad of bots are more beneficial to a team, then say a decently skilled real person in full control of their character?
    a 5 man team with voip can easily do exactly the same with infinitely more flexibility. The issue in every single one of these threads is that the multiboxer is getting into the PuG queue with a team due to queueing in the 50-59 brackets.

Multiple threads are closed and deleted regarding this issue, but the problem keeps arising. It is indeed a shame that multiboxing is so commonly the subject of quite a few first posters.

It seems that our only hope is to call 1800 BOX BUSTERS!

" Premade VS Multiboxer - FotM and Nuku upholding great justice
    We heard the cries of our pvp community brethrens that were victims of this notorious multiboxers farming pugs all day. so we formed a premade to fight him.

Here is a video of us fighting the multiboxer that has been plaguing the 55-59 bracket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLCw9y-FaF8

Group Comp:
    RB
    DOM (screws him up pretty badly.(arresting presense/ MB/TI, etc)
    SENT
    Defiler
    INQ

So after that Library we fought him again in BG, video is below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GWrDKJMV-s

So after that game, we met again in BG, unfortunately he recalled out and logged off shortly after.

So why did we spend 20 minutes farming the multiboxer?

Because we care about the pvp community( more than Trion). The 20 minutes he was in the BG with us, Im sure the other lvl 55-59s were having a better time, having fights that are more fair.
    Yes were willing to go that deep, because we love you all, even if youre keyboard turner, clicker, clerics who dont cleanse, clerics that plays justicar, dps that pulls 50k dmg in 20 mins. <3

Batmire farming multiboxers since 8th April 2013

Quoted with permission, big thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    Thats alot of talking with zero arguments. How exactly does a multiboxer ruin a warfront? What is the exact issue?
    Just curious why you didn't give yourself 4 likes with your other four accounts? Is this the fine grey line boxers don't cross?

There's clearly three types of people on this forum.

1) The kind that Multi-box. Obviously they should be ignored in this conversation.

2) The kind that run into a Multi-box and cry "CAN'T YOU SEE HE'S CHEATING!"

Then there is:

3) The kind that run into a Multi-box and say "Ok... lets figure out how to beat him."

I ran into a 5 box cleric multi-box in Seastone in open world. Called a few friends. It was now a 5v5. We dropped in, wrecked his main toon and proceeded to clean up. Sure... he Nyssyr'd the first person he could target but after that he was destroyed. As stated above, the biggest threat to a multiboxer is CC - or specifically 1 dominator.

A coordinated team destroys multi-boxers. Hands down. If you can't get a pug to work together, that's not the multi-boxer's fault.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast