+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Yoke

Thread: playing 61 bd and i am loving it

Sword of Telara

Default playing 61 bd and i am loving it

i am going to use it as my main for now. havent seen alot of big names while i have been solo cueing the last 5 nights or so but i have topped the #1 dmg slot almost every game i have played in. im pretty sure i have my soul combination mastered down to a "t" right now.

glad to see the new changes have made it more viable to pvp.

anyone else been playing it and would like to give opinions or suggestion of soul combinations feel free to voice yourself

also to the trolls you and more and welcome to comment also

i'm dusting it off the shelves from the community usage and making it sexy again.

Dakkotas been playing bd for the past like 5 months......There must not have been very much dust for you to dust off at all........

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Yoke View Post
    Dakkotas been playing bd for the past like 5 months......There must not have been very much dust for you to dust off at all........
    blah he plays it once in a while. most of the time i see him in some sin/nb spec.

and besides him everyone else seems afraid to even touch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehxon View Post
    blah he plays it once in a while. most of the time i see him in some sin/nb spec.

and besides him everyone else seems afraid to even touch it.
    I put BD on the backburner a bit when 'patch 9' hit with the valor increase. For a soul mostly made up of front end damage that patch was brutal. I started using it a bit once they lowered valor again though. But after the valor lowering, AoE buffs (BD had nice aoes) and recent buffs, I am def. running BD in full swing again. NB/Sin is a blast too though, surprised I don't see that more often too.

BD imo has always been underrated. I've seen it get tossed around phrases like "BD is crap for PvP". It probably is one of the most tedious rogue souls to play PvP with. Pure melee and situational rotations of rhythmic actions. It is a pretty slick soul though with some amazing tools when timed and used right. I expect more people will run it though now that it got some buffs again. It still can be a nightmare to play if you have no heals though, melee is melee is melee.

I wouldn't be dead-set on using BD as a main running soul. I prefer it in stuff like BG, Lib, or smaller scuffles like codex cap points and scion crystal running. It can be rough if wide spread maps like Whitefall and KR turn into range fests with little heals.

Plus - BD has like one of the nicest rogue warlord crystals. 250ap full time basically~
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-13-2013 at 01:39 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

When I saw the patch notes I thought to myself, "I bet Volacea is happy."

afaik it's pretty commonly known that bd does a ton of dmg, but it's a melee spec and rather squishy, run it against any compiitent players without a pocket healer and it won't look nearly as good, or if somebody purges you (assuming ryhtms can still be purged).

i've had the spec since SL launched but havn't ever really used it because i never have the chance and i don't have the synergy crystal yet cause i'm lazy

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    afaik it's pretty commonly known that bd does a ton of dmg, but it's a melee spec and rather squishy, run it against any compiitent players without a pocket healer and it won't look nearly as good, or if somebody purges you (assuming ryhtms can still be purged).

i've had the spec since SL launched but havn't ever really used it because i never have the chance and i don't have the synergy crystal yet cause i'm lazy
    the changes are great.

i am running a build i have never tried with it yet and it is working out very well for me.
    my macros are "that fire" and using the utillities with the self heal (which wont keep you alive if someone is focusing you but will if you have dots on you while you are getting los) plus them changing the stun to a 20 second cd definately helps you get a few nice swings in before they break away.

however in a 5 vs 5 with or without talented players i have not tried it yet. my prefered layout is a 10 vs 10 so far but i will eventually get in with it during a 5's to see how it competes.

i do have the crystal. i bought it a while ago just because i enjoy playing pure melee more than anything, plus its nice for solo pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehxon View Post
    the changes are great.

i am running a build i have never tried with it yet and it is working out very well for me.
    my macros are "that fire" and using the utillities with the self heal (which wont keep you alive if someone is focusing you but will if you have dots on you while you are getting los) plus them changing the stun to a 20 second cd definately helps you get a few nice swings in before they break away.

however in a 5 vs 5 with or without talented players i have not tried it yet. my prefered layout is a 10 vs 10 so far but i will eventually get in with it during a 5's to see how it competes.

i do have the crystal. i bought it a while ago just because i enjoy playing pure melee more than anything, plus its nice for solo pve.
    i don't know what kind of dots you get hit by but that thing will not out heal real dots.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    i don't know what kind of dots you get hit by but that thing will not out heal real dots.
    maybe not the big ones but if i take a few small ones it can be life saving sometimes

+ Reply to Thread