+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Baramos
  • 3 Post By Wrastion

Thread: Volan@Seastone - a PvP event like no other

Default Volan@Seastone - a PvP event like no other

It needs to be said that quite honestly the most fun I have ever had in this game is during the Volan event. Not because of Volan but rather the compex PvP battles that happen in, on, and around the structures that Volan is trashing.

Admittedly these events begin heavily dominated by one side until enough players show up to put up a good fight, but once they get rolling they are a blast! I wish that Trion would take some terrain concepts from Volan and put them into a warfront atmosphere because the whole thing is set up perfectly for PvP.

If you havent experienced Volan@seastone, you need to. Honestly if it wasnt for this one event I would have quit rift a month ago.

I want to organize some cross shard PvPers to come visit and try it out for yourselves. Perhaps a world channel to notify others when the event is on.

Also, if anybody has fraps of a good Volan fight, please post.

MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Agreed - two large groups with multiple objectives (event, kill, don't die) turns into organized chaos that ebbs and flows for each side. Volan is predictable but those battles never are.

Good post.

More vids please!
    Last edited by I am John Galt; 04-12-2013 at 01:06 PM.

volan event pvp used to be fun, havent been to one in a while though, last time i was it was severly one sided.

also, unwanted visitors from other shards not flagging for pvp can ruin the whole thing (by actualy focusing on volan, rather than the pvp)

please enforce pvp flags for cross-shard players!

(@seastoners - dont summon anyone unless you know beforehand that they will flag for pvp. i'd rather a half dead server of pvpers than see our server farmed by pve blowins)

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerelith View Post
    Also, if anybody has fraps of a good Volan fight, please post.
    Good volan fight? All I have from these PVE servers is me flagging, killing defiants to defend myself then getting raged at for flagging.

They're all like "Ryoki ^$#* you, %&$*, %$&*, $&%ing, %&("

I'm like "HEY, you hit me first buddy!!".. " I was just trying to tag volan."

I might upload a few, but probably not haha only a few defiants actually put up a fight. It was fun though!
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Agreed... no lookiloos. PvP or don't bother coming.

If I am on during Volan this weekend I will be sure to record it.

Ascendant

The irony is probably that a pve event that had good thought put into it is the best pvp event they never made.

If they would put half the effort into pvp such as the volan event for dynamic changes and mechanics pvp would be great. Love jumping around casting spells in mid air or waiting for someone to port up to a turret tower and kicking them off after dotting them up. I agree if teams are even Volan event is great pvp.

Need some smaller pvp areas with ports and jumps and other mechanics.

Yeah... I love playing the "King of the Hill" mini-game when he falls down on one knee and you can jump on his back. There's just so much opportunity with the terrain to do creative pvp.

+ Reply to Thread