+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tookmyjob
  • 1 Post By Wrastion

Thread: Warfront healing reduction

Soulwalker

Default Warfront healing reduction

First let me say that I searched this every way I could, so if there is/are thread(s) on this just point me in the right direction.

I started playing again recently and had been healing in warfronts on my 51 warden. My numbers were always consistent; I never saw anything out of the ordinary. Then I added a sentinel/purifier spec and kept doing warfronts. First one everything went right, and then in the middle of my second one, all of a sudden my healing got cut in half. I checked to make sure it wasn't an enemy debuff; even when out of combat my heals were (roughly) halved. Then for the first part of another warfront I was doing full healing again, but for the subsequent ~6 it's been halved.

Heals are completely normal everywhere else: Questing, dungeoning, etc., it's only warfronts where I notice this.

What gives? Is this a game mechanic or a bug?
    Last edited by cuecuemoar; 04-11-2013 at 08:31 PM.

Ascendant

It's a game mechanic

Either a 50% or 55% heal reduction in instanced pvp

Soulwalker

So when I was doing full healing-- that part was the bug?

Ascendant

Everyone get a blanket 55% (I believe now) healing debuff in game to compensate for the fact that in pve you are healing massive amounts of damage in raids and bosses which aren't equivalent to the average player. In other words you could easily out heal multiple people if you did your full 100% heals, and healing would be silly overpowered in pvp compared to the damage output of players. There is also valor which reduces pvp damage so there are more factors in this.

You probably weren't looking at things right or it was a glitch if you were doing full healing in pvp. I'm willing to bet you won't see that again.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 04-12-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Rift Disciple

I haven't ever suffered myself from this bug even if I often heal in WF (or I just did not noticed it).
    But one of my guildmates has often reported having exactly the same symptom: "I ​​lost my heals " she says, in the middle of a wf and for several minutes. Can't say more about this

Soulwalker

Thanks for the info. Of course, as soon as I get an answer in this thread it's staring me in the face everywhere else on the interwebs. : | I'm sure I was imagining things before; about 700 SP heavier now and healing is much more enjoyable

+ Reply to Thread