+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 97
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: 5v5s and avoiding competition

  1. #1
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,079

    Default 5v5s and avoiding competition

    There was a thread made recently about a certain guild dodging premades and I think thiuss was the only person who had the b*lls to say out loud because I happen to like a lot of members in this guild and in other guilds that do it also but I would not have specifically called them out on the forums for it in all honesty.
    But since it's already done i'd like to clarify some things.
    This guild has honestly never been disrespectful, rude or been anything other than nice towards myself and my group, I would however be lieing if I said I didn't participate in or do not feel that some of them do dodge competition because I think they do but I think it’s just as much of an issue with this guild as it is with other guilds and other people in this game.

    If competition just isn’t for you, then that’s perfectly fine but if you are interested in it, then don’t be worried that you won’t do good and someone will just talk trash to you because at this point we’re just interested in getting the few good and competitive players left to vs other good players.
    I think a lot of people are under the impression that our premade/group is “unbeatable” and I however disagree, being that we’ve been up against some good teams before(for example fotm as well as veeru and his rogue army).
    I don’t think any team in this game is unbeatable, I just think that other teams on the other hand are just inexperienced and therefore refuse to try, adapt or learn to work better as a team.

    Some are under the impression that there is a perfect premade comp and in my opinion that’s simply not true and if you feel that your team has a disadvantage simply based on your comp then we’re also open to matching the teams up evenly as possible.
    For example if your team only has one healing cleric and we have two, then one of us will go dps, if you have a healing cleric and chloro we’ll ask our mage to go chloro too etc.
    don’t be afraid to say hey look we just think we’re at a disadvantage with our comp would you guys mind switching yours around also because we are more than open to adjusting around your team.

    Contrary to what some people may think or claim on the forums, no one I premade with is just interested in rolling through people with our 4pcs and perfect comps then trash talking your team and ridiculing your team because you lost.
    we’d be more than happy to offer advice or take any that you may have because some of us are still learning also.

    If you have a team and you’re interested in doing a 5s against us, reply to this thread, send me a message here or pst me in game anytime I’m on and we’ll do one with whoever and whatever comp we have on at the time.
    I know no one likes losing however It’s not always so serious and who knows you might even have fun and maybe learn some new things, as will we
    Last edited by slash_wrists; 04-10-2013 at 03:24 PM.

  2. #2
    Plane Walker bogust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    398

    Default

    you take this **** too seriously

  3. #3
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slash_wrists View Post
    There was a thread made recently about a certain guild dodging premades and I think thiuss was the only person who had the b*lls to say out loud because I happen to like a lot of members in this guild and in other guilds that do it also but I would not have specifically called them out on the forums for it in all honesty.
    But since it's already done i'd like to clarify some things.
    This guild has honestly never been disrespectful, rude or been anything other than nice towards myself and my group, I would however be lieing if I said I didn't participate in or do not feel that some of them do dodge competition because I think they do but I think it’s just as much of an issue with this guild as it is with other guilds and other people in this game.

    If competition just isn’t for you, then that’s perfectly fine but if you are interested in it, then don’t be worried that you won’t do good and someone will just talk trash to you because at this point we’re just interested in getting the few good and competitive players left to vs other good players.
    I think a lot of people are under the impression that our premade/group is “unbeatable” and I however disagree, being that we’ve been up against some good teams before(for example fotm as well as veeru and his rogue army).
    I don’t think any team in this game is unbeatable, I just think that other teams on the other hand are just inexperienced and therefore refuse to try, adapt or learn to work better as a team.

    Some are under the impression that there is a perfect premade comp and in my opinion that’s simply not true and if you feel that your team has a disadvantage simply based on your comp then we’re also open to matching the teams up evenly as possible.
    For example if your team only has one healing cleric and we have two, then one of us will go dps, if you have a healing cleric and chloro we’ll ask our mage to go chloro too etc.
    don’t be afraid to say hey look we just think we’re at a disadvantage with our comp would you guys mind switching yours around also because we are more than open to adjusting around your team.

    Contrary to what some people may think or claim on the forums, no one I premade with is just interested in rolling through people with our 4pcs and perfect comps then trash talking your team and ridiculing your team because you lost.
    we’d be more than happy to offer advice or take any that you may have because some of us are still learning also.

    If you have a team and you’re interested in doing a 5s against us, reply to this thread, send me a message here or pst me in game anytime I’m on and we’ll do one with whoever and whatever comp we have on at the time.
    I know no one likes losing however It’s not always so serious and who knows you might even have fun and maybe learn some new things, as will we
    it humors me to watch you keep asking over and over again. you will not get any 5's from anyone until you replace a few ****** bags on your team. i dont know what part of that you dont understand and why you keep asking for the 5 vs 5's. now that people know your team is affiliated with thius aka im the best you suck guy, and a warrior that also does the same exact thing, it is only making the probability of a match even less for you. until you find a new team of people to play with and/or your team decides to lose the cockiness towards individuals it will never happen. your fishing with a hook with no bait on it. your team has earned itself a permenant reputation of nobody wanting to play them and it will never go away.

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara Delmlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    I'm sure there is a group man enough to face your team just ignore the cowards that'll hide behind any possible excuse lol.

    You know back in the day gamers went out looking for a challenge. Now we have a bunch of self-proclaimed pro kids that fail to prove themselves or at least learn how to be competitive when the opportunity arises. So much for guild honor, just remember cowards only get respect from other cowards.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

  5. #5
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    I tried the 5 thing..it's not for me. Too much pressure for it to be fun, at least for me.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

    DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker bogust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    398

    Default

    rift is a video game LOL
    how you can respect a person for there actions in a video game is beyond me, same goes for ego. if you could fight like that for real or be a combat medic in afgan that throws **** at the soldiers with results then you would command some respect....but thats not very likely is it, same goes for cowardess in a game i suppose haha
    Last edited by bogust; 04-10-2013 at 04:14 PM.

  7. #7
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    it is getting funny now

  8. #8
    Telaran hunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    80

    Default

    The wife and I have now been back for a few months, and starting to feel more a t home with our classes although still way under geared. We are looking for 5 vs 5, but in all honesty lets say we do get a five man team going. the lack of matches are a main concern. Then theres the issue our under powered keyboard turning team hits your pre made over and over again I can kind of understand why they send a scout in.I never mind loosing I will tip my hat to you say grats and move on, but to go back into a match againt the same 5 people over and over again sounds like no fun at all.
    shadetree

  9. #9
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    it is getting funny now
    Your wife trolls chipmunks with empty sunflower seeds! (lol that was so funny..the look on the one chipmunks face)
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

    DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

  10. #10
    Plane Walker bogust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    it is getting funny now
    i KNOW! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MVzERdHQgc

  11. #11
    Ascendant Valnak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ehxon View Post
    you will not get any 5's from anyone until you replace a few ****** bags on your team.
    So very wrong.

  12. #12
    Telaran hunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    80

    Default

    I log on after working 12 hour days with a goal to have fun joke with the wife and friends while drinking beer and doing some wfs. In all honesty the wf part of that is the last priority on my list. So if some war god in there basement makes me look like a noob I am glad I can help with there self image
    shadetree

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara Delmlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bogust View Post
    rift is a video game LOL
    how you can respect a person for there actions in a video game is beyond me
    I guess you can say you have no respect for anybody ingame right? Not even people who go out of their way to help you out in rift be it hours spent on crafting, organizing or just being friendly and patient?

    I question if you value anybody's actions IRL as well haha.

    Quote Originally Posted by hunt View Post
    I log on after working 12 hour days with a goal to have fun joke with the wife and friends while drinking beer and doing some wfs. In all honesty the wf part of that is the last priority on my list. So if some war god in there basement makes me look like a noob I am glad I can help with there self image
    Some people log on looking for something more, like a challenge. Same reason why a lot of people raid, they have because it's challenging, easy is boring.
    Last edited by Delmlord; 04-10-2013 at 04:30 PM.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

  14. #14
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    I think some of you guys just have negative attitudes and are in a conspiracy to have my thread closed

  15. #15
    Plane Walker bogust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delmlord View Post
    I guess you can say you have no respect for anybody ingame right? Not even people who go out of their way to help you out in rift be it hours spent on crafting, organizing or just being friendly and patient?

    I question if you value anybody's actions IRL as well haha.

    yes because rift and RL are so alike, please learn to separate the two ive seen the demise of many a person because they crossed the line between real and pixel.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts