+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: A rogue's Healing Week in the WFs - #2 all time :)

Default A rogue's Healing Week in the WFs - #2 all time :)

So, I decided I would try and see how far along the leader-board I could get if I devoted mostly a week to trying out healing in the Warfronts. Seeing ahead of me all the top names like Vveedmon, Punk, Legendarheal, Genny, Ikiriyio, Bileu, Finooter, etc etc. Lots of great healers in the WFs, I thought I could reach the top 20 perhaps, and get close to Wyx (the only rogue healer in the top 20, and a great one!)

The spec was the issue nowadays since healers can get blasted down very fast with good team focus. So, who else but to turn to Subakna (imo, one of the greatest rogues in the world and one of the nicest). We formed a spec together, mostly attributed to him, and some tweaks by me, and I set off.

So, long story short, in this last week, I finished number 2 in the world in healing in WFs, all time, top 50. It was crazy and I know now how hard it is to heal non stop in every WF and to listen to all the complaining about healers as well from both sides. Not only did I finish number 2 in the world all time, but I also finished as Number 1 top healing of carriers in Library and number 2 in the world top Karthan Ridge carriers.

I am sure a lot of people will throw out there *who cares* or *get a life* comments, but this is out there for all those rogues who like to heal. I am going to link a short video as well showing all the green healing numbers in this crazy healing spec.

For those who know me, making this task even much more difficult, I am a keyboard turner and I am a clicker.. yea, so... it can work haha.

Thanks Subkana for helping me with this spec and staying up with me for long hours into the night to encourage me to keep going. Special Thanks as well to Jaedzia for running the guild pretty much while I was non stop pvp'ng and keeping me sane! She is the best!

Video below (my first one really, so dont blame the horrible graphics if there is some) lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOo79bUg350
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

As a heal spec'd bard I salute you.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Im the best only because I have the best guild leader in the world.

A big GRATZ to Fixu! Im so very proud of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Rising View Post
    So, I decided I would try and see how far along the leader-board I could get if I devoted mostly a week to trying out healing in the Warfronts. Seeing ahead of me all the top names like Vveedmon, Punk, Legendarheal, Genny, Ikiriyio, Bileu, Finooter, etc etc. Lots of great healers in the WFs, I thought I could reach the top 20 perhaps, and get close to Wyx (the only rogue healer in the top 20, and a great one!)

The spec was the issue nowadays since healers can get blasted down very fast with good team focus. So, who else but to turn to Subakna (imo, one of the greatest rogues in the world and one of the nicest). We formed a spec together, mostly attributed to him, and some tweaks by me, and I set off.

So, long story short, in this last week, I finished number 2 in the world in healing in WFs, all time, top 50. It was crazy and I know now how hard it is to heal non stop in every WF and to listen to all the complaining about healers as well from both sides. Not only did I finish number 2 in the world all time, but I also finished as Number 1 top healing of carriers in Library and number 2 in the world top Karthan Ridge carriers.

I am sure a lot of people will throw out there *who cares* or *get a life* comments, but this is out there for all those rogues who like to heal. I am going to link a short video as well showing all the green healing numbers in this crazy healing spec.

For those who know me, making this task even much more difficult, I am a keyboard turner and I am a clicker.. yea, so... it can work haha.

Thanks Subkana for helping me with this spec and staying up with me for long hours into the night to encourage me to keep going. Special Thanks as well to Jaedzia for running the guild pretty much while I was non stop pvp'ng and keeping me sane! She is the best!

Video below (my first one really, so dont blame the horrible graphics if there is some) lol.

Congo rats !!

<3, Exxy

Part of it probably has to do with whether or not people actively dedicated a solid week of pvp to trying for a certain thing, like top heals.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

If you really want to help and encourage the healing rogues

Link your spec

P80 for the win!

Ascendant

Good bards put out more heals then most the main healing class. Best aoe heals in game I'd say. I did mention good though.

All the people complaining about heals aren't talking about bards. 1. Cleric 2. Chloro. That about sums up the complaints, which are usually aimed at clerics, especially any that dare go dps.

Good job hitting the leaderboards! They just need to change it to a math equation that is x output vs time played however.

Default /applause

As another fellow rogue that tries to focus on healing as Bard sometimes, congrats!

I love seeing Wyx (I can never outdo him in a match) and others helping out with healing, and I know I've seen you often. Rogues can count as big heals on a team too! <3
    Quaildove@Deepwood

Very cool! I didn't know that you were Fixu!

Can you share your spec? I have a little rogue I'm working on and I'd love to heal like that.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Prophet of Telara

Not sure if it's similar to Fixu's or not, but I've found 40 Bard/36 Tact to be the best. Use Empyrean Bolt(with Restorative Engine) over Cadence/Power Chord for healing, does a lot more. I'm usually top 3 in healing for a WF, and top about 50% of the time since making the build last night after reading this post ;)
    Last edited by Calo; 04-11-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Default Guide

Nice work... you deserve to share your results!

It would be nice to see an updated spec and guide specifically for WF's. Sadly, most of the time I rely on the help and advice of others rather than experiment on my own. Happily, Rift has a generally good community of helpful folks!

his build looked just like a 61 tact 15 bard, only really good for big aoe fights won't be very effective in smaller maps.

other specs are the 40 bard/36 tact, that is your best "overall" aoe healing spec with the bard buffs and other CDs great spec.

the other big one(the one i use) is 44 bard/32 tact, the reason for that is for the ST bard heal, and if you are going 41 bard you lose the 10% bonus from 36 tact so there is no point going more than 32, go 44 bard for verse of vitality as well.

as far as cadence compared to engine, cadence does more healing 90% of the time, for engine to be better there has to be 7 or more people constantly in need of healing, in smaller maps you don't always need to heal that many people at once even with the other team aoeing, there are some people who will be out of range of it and won't be taking damage, and using cadence allows you to use the self healig engine, which helps keep you alive longer.

edit* engine is also better if you are being focused with silences, imo have both options available and go with what you think is better for that specific warfront, i switch between them all the time.
    Last edited by wickede; 04-11-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Default specs

Oops, completely forgot to list the spec, but it was listed below by Wickede. I would use the 61 tact/15 bard spec for the games in Karthan/Libary/Port Scion due to several factors.

1. You can target friendly people and heal off them, build up combo points with resto bolt, then you can cast Curative Blast on CD (5 CPs). You can also use torrent primer then curative torrent, but this is very positional-based and takes a while to get use to.

I believe if you master the positioning on this spec, you will out heal all bard specs, however in general, the better spec that most people use is 40 bard / 36 tact. This spec has more healing built within it and also had much better survivability. I think if you are just starting out, this is the best spec since it can be used in any environment such as raids/pvp/dungeons/rifts etc.

My spec was used by a few people a while ago, then it lost its appeal (getting a slight nerf), but I think that slight nerf is now removed. In order to use this 61 tact spec, you gotta be way more raid aware than using the 40 bard spec, but I still think I will out heal everyone in Port Scion with this spec and a full Karthan group as well.

Like I said, I waited a while to prepare for this and once obtaining all my warlord gear, runes, and setting a week aside, I tried it. I am retired now from all PVP unless they bring back any new achievements to get lol..

So, if any of you have any questions feel free to message me here or in-game at fixu@faeblight. Thanks again all for the comments and not attacking me
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Oops, completely forgot to list the spec, but it was listed below by Wickede. I would use the 61 tact/15 bard spec for the games in Karthan/Libary/Port Scion due to several factors.

1. You can target friendly people and heal off them, build up combo points with resto bolt, then you can cast Curative Blast on CD (5 CPs). You can also use torrent primer then curative torrent, but this is very positional-based and takes a while to get use to.

I believe if you master the positioning on this spec, you will out heal all bard specs, however in general, the better spec that most people use is 40 bard / 36 tact. This spec has more healing built within it and also had much better survivability. I think if you are just starting out, this is the best spec since it can be used in any environment such as raids/pvp/dungeons/rifts etc.

My spec was used by a few people a while ago, then it lost its appeal (getting a slight nerf), but I think that slight nerf is now removed. In order to use this 61 tact spec, you gotta be way more raid aware than using the 40 bard spec, but I still think I will out heal everyone in Port Scion with this spec and a full Karthan group as well.

Like I said, I waited a while to prepare for this and once obtaining all my warlord gear, runes, and setting a week aside, I tried it. I am retired now from all PVP unless they bring back any new achievements to get lol..

So, if any of you have any questions feel free to message me here or in-game at fixu@faeblight. Thanks again all for the comments and not attacking me
    currative torrent is an extremely situational healing build, it will do the most healing IF there are 7-10 targets constantly in need of healing in a line where you can hit all of them, and if you want to max healing out of it you go for a 41 tact 35 bard or something for max healing.
    in most situations you don't need to hit that many people or they aren't in the right position and a 40/36 build will do much more healing.

also for 5 target healing which is good enough most of the time, 61 bard actually does the most with multiple oscelations, but you have to be able to hit 3 people at once with it constantly. the best overall healing builds that will work in every warfront and even still probably beat currative torrent builds would be either 40bard/36 tact or 44bard/32 tact.

also i'm not sure what the currative bolt heals for from tact but the ST bard heal will crit for 3.5k-4k.

Promise to keep this just between us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F56rpO4Rtg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast