+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CQ Over Haul

Soulwalker

Default CQ Over Haul

Would it be better to make CQ a 2 Phase encounter ?
    Phase 1. 2500+ Kills (Extractors Locked)
    Phase 2. Extractor Control
    (1 Hour Total Encounter Time)

What is your Option on this would it make it better or worse then what we have now ?

The timmer I like the rest seems to be what we do now.
    I have often thought about cq extractors could only be your teams if at least one player was there to defend it. Get rid of turrets.
    My thoughts on this would be stop the lag and break up the zerg make for some intersting fights
    shadetree

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by hunt View Post
    I have often thought about cq extractors could only be your teams if at least one player was there to defend it. Get rid of turrets.
    My thoughts on this would be stop the lag and break up the zerg make for some intersting fights
    but not all teams try and kill each other first, they cap then run cap then run its only if they get caught they fight, taking the extractors away till all the kills are gone then it would make it go by so much faster and smoother

Ascendant

They should move away from server slaying team deathmatch. It is the worst attempt at large scale pvp out there. I'd be happier if they just went with a total rip off of gw2 large scale pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by katiiee View Post
    Would it be better to make CQ a 2 Phase encounter ?
    Phase 1. 2500+ Kills (Extractors Locked)
    Phase 2. Extractor Control
    (1 Hour Total Encounter Time)

What is your Option on this would it make it better or worse then what we have now ?
    Phase 1. where and what will players fight over?
    do you expect all teams to meet at eye and duke it out till 2500 kills are achieved?
    what i expect will happen: three teams enter, a couple of quick fights happen to determine which side is strongest, the other two then leave CQ for 50 mins while the stronger side sits around with no one to kill. total phase kills: 42.
    is there a max time limit within the total cq 1 hour timer to replace kills when kills cannot be reached?

Phase 2. will this phase even happen? will pvp still be enabled? or will all players turn blue so only extractors can be hit? does this phase have a min/max duration, or just whatever part of the total hour is left after kills (assuming kills are reached)?
    we essentialy have this phase now, for 5 mins. pvp still happens, but if zergs from team A and B engage eachother, the result is often a win for team C. the team that PvPs the least wins the game.

Phase 3. ???

Phase 4. Profit!

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

suggested addition for your Phase 1:

place an active extractor at zarephs return that has no turrets.
    when the phase ends, the extractor locks to its current state and remains inactive throughout phase two.
    who ever controls the extractor when the phase ends, gains a portal to zarephs return for the duration of phase 2 and does not count for percentage control purposes in phase 2.
    if the portal was in transition, no one has the portal (Denial!).

as the extractor/portal has no turrets, it can be camped by enemies (rogues delight).

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt View Post
    Nice, stop the massive zerg vs zerg battles that crash your comp and frankly don't usually last long enough to make worth a fight anyway. I'm so sick of targeting someone just to see him/her die before I can even cast a spell..... not to mention the frame rate crash that hurts my eyes after a while.

I was thinking keep it as is just reduce the max peeps allowed in CQ, but allow mulitple CQs and/or reduce the dead time between CQ matches.

That....and make queuing for a CQ team completely random so we don't have to hear all the "premade" QQs over and over and over and over.....

Rift Master

More extractors that die faster.

Max Raid of 10 players in CQ.
    Random joining of cq faction to keep teams even. Max of 10 players can queue in a raid.

3 strategically placed mega extractors that are bigger and much harder to kill. More hp and stronger turrets. Possibly almost like a castle with a wall around it that must be broken through to kill it. They are worth 3x what regular extractors are worth. Possibly a buff for players at their controlled extractor to make it easier to defend.

Ability to teleport to those 3 extractors if you control them from any other extractor you own.

Ways to win:

Control all 3 mega extractors = win ( should be balanced to where this would be very difficult.)

Control a 66% of extractors = win

Kill counter of 2500, upon reaching 2500, 5 min timer starts, whoever controls most extractors wins. Timer only takes effect if kill count is reached.

Perhaps a larger map...

Ideally it would encourage raids to split in groups of 10 , and then come together to take mega extractors. I'm assuming this would bring more 10 v 10 fights as well as maintaining some large scale fights, which is what they intended for CQ.

I dunno I'm just mumbling something thrown together after being bored and reading this thread.
    Last edited by Nooblet; 04-13-2013 at 03:27 AM.

At this point I wish they'd just scrap it and assemble an old-school 3-way massive AV. Back before it was a zergfest to the bosses to end the match as fast as possible. If they want long, large scale battles where attack and defense of key points mattered (and worked), that was certainly it.

Not that that'll ever happen.
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

Soulwalker

Default So far so good

I like that people are thinking of new idea's and "maybe" Trion will read this and take some of it to heart and try and fix the issues we have or are facing , now if more people would weigh in on the subject and tell everyone what they would fix or not fix that would be great ..

+ Reply to Thread