+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tookmyjob

Thread: Question about pvp gear from lvl 50 to 60..

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser KalToreth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    349

    Default Question about pvp gear from lvl 50 to 60..

    Hoi.

    I resubbed a week ago, and currently just lvl 56.

    I looooath pve so leveling mostly by dooing Battlegrounds.
    But the pve gear ive bought on AH, and got via some quests isnt very pvp ish ..

    So, my question:
    Before the Storm Legion patch, my prestige rank was 40, and i had the best pvp gear. Savant.

    Now, will i fare better in pvp bg's still wearing my level 50 pvp gear, or my lvl 54/56 pve gear ?

    Why im wondering, is because i see now that gear gets changed a little when you enter bg's stats wise. And since i cant see theres any "midway" pvp gear at lvl 55 or something ..The ascende courage thingy buff.

    Hope i made my question fairly understandable
    Last edited by KalToreth; 04-10-2013 at 08:26 AM.
    Everybody remember where we parked.
    -James Kirk, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, after landing the cloaked Klingon bird of prey in Golden Gate park

    ..and yes, I drive an electric car yo.

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,004

    Default

    All pve gear turns into the basic lowest pvp gear set so everyone gets the minimum pvp gear. There is no such thing as pve gear in pvp. Dont buy p ve gear unless needed for pve.

    At your lvl everyone is equal pvp wise.

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser KalToreth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    All pve gear turns into the basic lowest pvp gear set so everyone gets the minimum pvp gear. There is no such thing as pve gear in pvp. Dont buy p ve gear unless needed for pve.

    At your lvl everyone is equal pvp wise.
    sooo... what you'r saying is that it doesnt matter if i use my prestige 40 rank pvp gear, or random green pve crap whilst at level 56 ?
    Everybody remember where we parked.
    -James Kirk, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, after landing the cloaked Klingon bird of prey in Golden Gate park

    ..and yes, I drive an electric car yo.

  4. #4
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KalToreth View Post
    sooo... what you'r saying is that it doesnt matter if i use my prestige 40 rank pvp gear, or random green pve crap whilst at level 56 ?
    Yep, that's what he's saying.

    It's called Bolstering. Introduced in SL, if you don't have a minimum stat level in pvp, your stats bolster up so you're on the same level as those with entry-level PvP gear.

    This changes at Level 60 though. At 60, non-PvP items only Bolster to the Rank 60 gear stats, so R70 and R80 gear is worth having over PvE gear.

    Sub-60 PvP... the differences are minimal.
    Last edited by Bhrawn; 04-10-2013 at 09:23 AM.

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KalToreth View Post
    sooo... what you'r saying is that it doesnt matter if i use my prestige 40 rank pvp gear, or random green pve crap whilst at level 56 ?
    Nope. The only thing that adds to the basic pvp set is the essences gotten at lvl 60 and enhancements to pvp sets gotten @ 60.

    Youll also have to buy the pvp set you are normalised to so it seems silly, but if you only pvp by sixty you will have or should be close to having it all

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser KalToreth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Perhaps.

    The reason why im asking, is cause i have 246 vengence with my pvp set. And ive been trying back and forth between my prestige rank 40 gear, and my random green pve gear which is 54/56 mix, and my p40 gear gets more dmg in pvp. And survivalibility wise it seems equal o_O

    Just a bit confused =)
    Everybody remember where we parked.
    -James Kirk, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, after landing the cloaked Klingon bird of prey in Golden Gate park

    ..and yes, I drive an electric car yo.

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KalToreth View Post
    Perhaps.

    The reason why im asking, is cause i have 246 vengence with my pvp set. And ive been trying back and forth between my prestige rank 40 gear, and my random green pve gear which is 54/56 mix, and my p40 gear gets more dmg in pvp. And survivalibility wise it seems equal o_O

    Just a bit confused =)
    As stated your gear gets changed to minimum pvp set. But if you have any runes enhancing your lower pvp set the set changed to the minimum set + your pvp runes add to your pvp damage. If said pve set you wear has no pvp runes enhancing it then your pvp set with runes would do slightly more damage. So small though i wouldnt worry much about it.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Whoa, okay full stop. There is some bad advice in here.

    PvP gear is not useless before 60. If you get a 4 set of the old 50 gear you can activate the bonus synergy crystal that gives a good chunk of HP (67end iirc) and +100veng/+100ap.

    Synergy Crystals and Seals stand above the bolstering system and do not receive it. I know you can put PvP enchants on seals but in general, it is worth finding a seal as well.

    Bolstering takes care of a lot of it. The people here are also correct about runes though, that will benefit you beyond the bolstering. But I wouldn't go as far as to say you should ignore pvp gear completely, because that synergy crystal I mentioned is the best you'll get for PvP 50 - 59.

    You'll be fine without all this stuff though. But if you want to go the extra mile, it is worth picking up a couple things.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  9. #9
    Shadowlander I am John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Does bolstering apply during wpvp? I don't see any stat impact but a rival GM insists this is the case. Thanks!

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser KalToreth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Whoa, okay full stop. There is some bad advice in here.

    PvP gear is not useless before 60. If you get a 4 set of the old 50 gear you can activate the bonus synergy crystal that gives a good chunk of HP (67end iirc) and +100veng/+100ap.

    Synergy Crystals and Seals stand above the bolstering system and do not receive it. I know you can put PvP enchants on seals but in general, it is worth finding a seal as well.

    Bolstering takes care of a lot of it. The people here are also correct about runes though, that will benefit you beyond the bolstering. But I wouldn't go as far as to say you should ignore pvp gear completely, because that synergy crystal I mentioned is the best you'll get for PvP 50 - 59.

    You'll be fine without all this stuff though. But if you want to go the extra mile, it is worth picking up a couple things.
    Cheers =)
    Finnaly a precise answer !
    Everybody remember where we parked.
    -James Kirk, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, after landing the cloaked Klingon bird of prey in Golden Gate park

    ..and yes, I drive an electric car yo.

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Whoa, okay full stop. There is some bad advice in here.

    PvP gear is not useless before 60. If you get a 4 set of the old 50 gear you can activate the bonus synergy crystal that gives a good chunk of HP (67end iirc) and +100veng/+100ap.

    Synergy Crystals and Seals stand above the bolstering system and do not receive it. I know you can put PvP enchants on seals but in general, it is worth finding a seal as well.

    Bolstering takes care of a lot of it. The people here are also correct about runes though, that will benefit you beyond the bolstering. But I wouldn't go as far as to say you should ignore pvp gear completely, because that synergy crystal I mentioned is the best you'll get for PvP 50 - 59.

    You'll be fine without all this stuff though. But if you want to go the extra mile, it is worth picking up a couple things.
    As he stated he was r40 so he didn't have the top notch r50 set. He'll probably get 60 before wasting the favor on that. Also, he's 56....just needs to level really. Good advice though if he was at r50, but again might just be a waste of favor doing that imo, especially at those brackets. Then again I'm end-game mind oriented and level my toons completely through pvp as fast as possible and cared little for each tier bracket where x and x is op at those levels. A casual would like it though.

    Also, if you do any sort of pve to level or instant adventures, such as whilst waiting for a pvp to pop (thats what I did so I was constantly gaining xp and leveling fast), you will be wanting to switch out your pve gear for your pvp gear which would get annoying (although check out wardrobe if you havent yet-you mentioned you were new again so this is a neat feature to speed that up). If you didn't you'd be killing things slowly in pve wearing really old pvp gear with a lot lower stats. Another reason why I'd avoid this pitfall and just wear the updated pvp gear, run from pve quest to the net or just do carnage, and take every pvp que that pops. You'd get your full merc gear set with the favor as well by the time you are 60 doing this. That's my 2 cents even though I didn't explain it fully before.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 04-11-2013 at 08:42 AM.

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser Nargauzius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Wardrobes only affect how you appear. You can't use them to equip gear. Or can you? Have I been missing a useful feature all this time?

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nargauzius View Post
    Wardrobes only affect how you appear. You can't use them to equip gear. Or can you? Have I been missing a useful feature all this time?
    I might be thinking of another game so you sre probably right. In that case if definitely just use pve gear as i leveled (quickly) to get to 60

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    Pre-60 pvp is so much better, level slowly and have fun!

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts