+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Please make pre made warfronts private

Prophet of Telara

Default Please make pre made warfronts private

Since obviously group duels aren't much of a priority, is there any way to make premades/5v5s warfronts private then?
    We as the players create the competition, we spend our time to find people, we make 5v5s... sometimes taking and waiting an hour or 2 at least and after all that we get to play in a warfront for 10 minutes before a group of pugs joins.
    So we go to the side and try to premade there in private but most pugs don't respect the fact we wanted to premade so they constantly interfere ( thanks to the ones that don't though).
    I understand that premading isn't for everyone but the fact is that either way you're punishing both the premades and the pugs, so perhaps consider a private warfront option of some sort for people that choose to premade

I completely endorse this!

(god I miss world PvP and the daily PvP quests...)
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Premades only going against other premades, I like this idea.

It's been 2 years, seriously do this.

Inc rational logic.

If you are going to make a system that recognizes 5 mans as a separate queued entity than duo or less queues, why the hell would you dump pugs into the alternative queue a 5 man gets put in?

I get dumping a premade into a pug if push comes to shove, that makes more sense, even if it isn't a favorable outcome. But, even at dead EST hours of 3 - 6am, I can still get pretty damn near instant pops. And of course during prime time, any duo or less who hits random is going to get a fast pop. So why the hell would you shuffle a handful of people, who can get a fast pop for any WF going on, into the WF you created an entirely separate queue for?

It's a pretty big slap in the face to know your group will take a longer queue time if no other premades are around, just to instantly get a pop with the premade you spoke to, and have 3 - 5 solo/duo queue type players drop in 7m into the game. Premade queues, if not pushed to the PUG games, do need to remain private. It bastardizes the concept of having "premade queues" at all.

Of course, this is also why I suggest the simplest idea. Make it old school where you just need a console command. "/wfchallenge Slashwrist@deepwood". Now she sees a queue pop that says "accept WF challenge from Dakkota@greybriar?". Accept and zone said groups into a private game. That way when premades do want to play, they don't have to roll the dice and hope they get the group they want. And that way people could play *exactly* who they want. I know this would open the door for possible abuse if you could still earn favor in wfs within a private game. So kill the rewards in the case of a WF challenge request, and only make them active if you enter a WF with the queue system.

It just doesn't seem like invasive changes. It would not affect the PUG population at all, that is very healthy atm. And it would give players an avenue to play a style of the game without Trion having to worry about fully getting behind it, throwing a progression scheme at it, and hoping it catches on with the whole player base. The people who dig it, will do it. The people who don't, will continue to enjoy Rift in the same fashion they have since they picked it up.

This isn't hotfix stuff but, I don't see why this couldn't be a 2.x update feature sometime.

2c
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-10-2013 at 01:04 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

They should make an option whether you want a private match or a public WF match or maybe even Guild v Guild

Now that would certainly make pvp more of an attraction.

P80 for the win!

heres your long indepth answer to your elequently typed request...........

no

Default Suggestion

Suggestion, Make a private warfront where the leader of each group can pull people in. Like how in League of Legends you can setup 5vs5 matchs to play with your friends. I've wanted a system like this for awhile. Just my two pennies.

Quote Originally Posted by mistacrowley420 View Post
    Premades only going against other premades, I like this idea.

Exactly, it only makes sense. It's about time we have some fair fights lol

Edit: Nobody was asking you bogust! LOL
    Last edited by Delmlord; 04-10-2013 at 06:54 AM.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Quote Originally Posted by bogust View Post
    heres your long indepth answer to your elequently typed request...........

no
    maybe they should keep it that way so that premade can roll over pugs and have the qq threads coming

Shield of Telara

This is a terrible idea, and only promotes elitist behavior! You all should be ashamed for asking for such silly things.

I agree. Under the PvP tab there should be an extra tab added (Private Warfronts) that list all the available warfronts and allow you to specifically que with other groups that are qued and have an equal amount of players you have in your current party/raid.
    Serjackums
    Tis folly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiterjijny View Post
    this is work of terrible Trion

These ideas seem good. Your biggest problem will come from "farmers". Ppl will privately farm weeklies, prestige, favour, achev's etc. You would have to do this as a "no gains" mode. If you accept a private match, its just like a duel. No favor or prestige rewards.
    Enforcer | Schwarzeneggar | Enforced <-- Myrmidon

Tempagon PvP Video

Ascendant

This unfortunately implies that Trion cares about PvP
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Ic0N View Post
    These ideas seem good. Your biggest problem will come from "farmers". Ppl will privately farm weeklies, prestige, favour, achev's etc. You would have to do this as a "no gains" mode. If you accept a private match, its just like a duel. No favor or prestige rewards.
    Pretty much this. The game would need to be modified to cope against people doing such an event. Sure, the stats padding (e.g.; favor/weekly/daily) won't be done right off the bat - but it's something that will be done in due time.
    Last edited by bctrainers; 04-10-2013 at 09:56 AM. Reason: be in done... oops @ engrish.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ic0N View Post
    I would agree but apparently doing nothing but falling asleep and waking up with full warlord is apparently acceptable through Conquest.

So who cares?
    Last edited by spaceboots; 04-10-2013 at 09:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast