+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: How to mess with a kill farming CQ premade

Default How to mess with a kill farming CQ premade

Kill farming premade teams work on the principle of chasing down raids. What makes them work is the relative ease by which they can identify the location of a target raid and plot an intercept course. They just look at the map, find the one that's blinking and make a call. The zerg can get there with plenty of time with current mount speeds.

However... this could be made much more difficult. If you were to enter CQ with a mass of self healing specs that can occupy an extractor - you could put 1 player at every extractor for essentially the whole match. By doing so, the whole map would be blinking and it would be time consuming for a CQ premade leader to figure out where to go next, as they would have to mouse-over every blinking icon to figure out which ones are actually occupied by a raid.1

Can you do that with the turrets and healing things you can craft in there? Not being funny just wondered.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Shield of Telara

a good leader spends more time looking at the map then anything else. This wouldn't slow any decent team down

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Can you do that with the turrets and healing things you can craft in there? Not being funny just wondered.
    Not sure... but you can certainly do it with a mini boss.

Ascendant

Until they hover the mouse over the extractor and see 1Dominion player. Strategy blown...

I always wondered why the position and strength of raids were displayed so easily on the map, as it kind of defeats the purpose of scouts, communication and information gathering which is a critical aspect during war.

This design decision is perhaps one of the main reasons zergs work in CQ.

But I suppose it makes it more pug-able when considering the limited PvP/Communication ability of the average Rift player.
    Last edited by Nnnxia; 04-10-2013 at 12:26 AM.

This wouldn't slow down any competent leader. Literally, yeah a bit, but not enough to make a drop of impact.

Just sayin'.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-10-2013 at 02:40 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Aerelith View Post
    Kill farming premade teams work on the principle of chasing down raids. What makes them work is the relative ease by which they can identify the location of a target raid and plot an intercept course. They just look at the map, find the one that's blinking and make a call. The zerg can get there with plenty of time with current mount speeds.

However... this could be made much more difficult. If you were to enter CQ with a mass of self healing specs that can occupy an extractor - you could put 1 player at every extractor for essentially the whole match. By doing so, the whole map would be blinking and it would be time consuming for a CQ premade leader to figure out where to go next, as they would have to mouse-over every blinking icon to figure out which ones are actually occupied by a raid.1
    Hiding and not attacking anywhere, works too, and is relatively fun

I've led a few Stealth Mode CQ, 2 weeks ago? ( Approx )

I think we got wiped once at the start, THen they could never find us, We were like hitting TT, Capping, Then going back INto CM north Tower

I dunno If Any ABL members recall those CQ's i think i did it 2-3 times

I Imagine ABL members arriving at the extractor, and say WTF' where did they go ^^

<3, Exxy

Many are saying that CQ would not be affected by this.

Truth is CQ is a game where even a few seconds matter. Having to mouse over 19 places to find the Zerg costs precious time.

Late calls can split a Zerg. Zergs are not patient. Most times when a raid is caught, they are waiting for a broken extractor to flip. Even 5 to 10 seconds can mean the difference between catching and ambushing or showing up to an empty extractor.

I can't dismiss this idea quite so easily.

you could put 1 player at every extractor for essentially the whole match
    I like the spirit of it. Unfortunately, we can't use misdirection in CQ as much as we might like, since a mouseover will tell you the exact number of people attacking an extractor. A opponent would quickly be able to track the movement of the main group, that is attacking extractors with more than one individual. Also, this strategy wouldn't make your own team happy, since the solo individuals would keep getting rolled at the extractors they were holding down, and finish the match with zero kills.

Maybe knowing the *number* of attackers at an extractor shouldn't be the default? I mean, I like it the way it is, but maybe knowing the number of attackers could be another special ability (i.e. "Scouting Transmitter") you can put on an extractor, like stoning it? Not sure this would make the game more fun for anyone, though.
    Last edited by Ardor; 04-10-2013 at 04:06 AM. Reason: derp derp type type derp derp

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
    Also, this strategy wouldn't make your own team happy, since the solo individuals would keep getting rolled at the extractors they were holding down, and finish the match with zero kills.
    For some people, trolling a premade is a reward in itself.

*laughs* you all give too much credit to the leaders, conquest isnt a hard game im pretty sure i could give a newborn baby a board with plenty of light up buttons and he/she would press the flashing ones when they appeared. as for combat tactics.... there are none. heres how to mess with a farming premade get your healers and tanks to hold them , while your dps **** them in the ***
    Last edited by bogust; 04-10-2013 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post
    I always wondered why the position and strength of raids were displayed so easily on the map, as it kind of defeats the purpose of scouts, communication and information gathering which is a critical aspect during war.
    Hm, I always had thought it sort of made sense that extractors you control at least could function as a sort of detector or listening post for enemy forces.

Champion

Truth is CQ is a game where even a few seconds matter. Having to mouse over 19 places to find the Zerg costs precious time.
    I have to agree with Dakkota on this one. It really doesn't affect anything. Raid leads don't look at blinky extractors. They watch the map more than they watch the game. You watch zerg movement... which direction they're going... where they've been... which areas of the map are more likely to get action... this all while their zerg is taking down an extractor or while it's on its way to the next extractor.

Wasting 3 seconds scrolling over 5 blinky extractors is only a drop in the bucket to the time spent watching battle and zerg movements.

Not only that, they watch you the whole time saying to themselves, "silly rogue... weakening his own zerg by wasting time at that extractor that he'll never turn! rofl."

Not even small groups of 5-10 are really bothered by zerg leaders. 10 groups of 10 on the other hand... THAT might annoy them. Chasing 10 kills between each extractor is not what they want.

If they would remove the ability to *see* how many people are attacking an extractor..it would be more interesting imo.

Smaller groups could actually make an impact then.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast