+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Any chance they'll limit the amount of Healers per match?

Default Any chance they'll limit the amount of Healers per match?

It's getting a bit silly with teams stacked with Healers now. Matches get incredibly boring and TTK shoots through the roof to infinity and beyond.

What is a way they could actually do this without removing the concept of swapping roles on the fly?
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

nerf flies

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    What is a way they could actually do this without removing the concept of swapping roles on the fly?
    Well I've always thought that nerfing the amount healed on Healers other than themselves would help, without directly pigeon-holing people into other specs due to too many Healers.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Garnatian View Post
    It's getting a bit silly with teams stacked with Healers now. Matches get incredibly boring and TTK shoots through the roof to infinity and beyond.
    The problem isn't the amount of healers, it's the fact that people won't play different specs to cater to what is needed to win the warfront.
    There are times i go into a pug warfront and there are 3 clerics, 4 chloros and 2 sabs because no one will switch to dps and help their team progress.
    Or when dps are playing tank specs instead of a pure dps spec which would surely help take down healers.
    That's when ttk becomes through the roof.
    Pick the squishest healer, put a #1 on their head and actually focus fire as a team you'd be surprised if you worked as a team that you might actually kill one of us...
    When you que for pug warfronts you don't always get evenly matched teams, that's just the way it is, it's not a healing issue it's a l2play issue.
    Last edited by slash_wrists; 04-08-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slash_wrists View Post
    The problem isn't the amount of healers, it's the fact that people won't play different specs to cater to what is needed to win the warfront.
    There are times i go into a pug warfront and there are 3 clerics, 4 chloros and 2 sabs because no one will switch to dps and help their team progress.
    That's when ttk becomes through the roof.
    Pick the squishest healer, put a #1 on their head and actually focus fire as a team you'd be surprised if you worked as a team that you might actually kill one of us...
    When you que for pug warfronts you don't always get evenly matched teams, that's just the way it is, it's not a healing issue it's a l2play issue.
    That just tells you that it is the problem. You have to cater to reality, not your fantasy. There are no ranked matches, you have to play public. Therefore you should balance around that fact.

People will play how they want. People won't listen, some will. You can't balance around the idea that everyone has the teams best interest at heart.

Prophet of Telara

That just tells you that it is the problem. You have to cater to reality, not your fantasy. There are no ranked matches, you have to play public. Therefore you should balance around that fact.

People will play how they want. People won't listen, some will. You can't balance around the idea that everyone has the teams best interest at heart.
    you can fix the real problem instead of qqing about something that isn't the actual problem.
    people on the forums are entirely to quick to yell nerf this, nerf that, limit this, limit that instead of adapting and learning to play.
    If they limit the amount of healers in a warfront, they should also limit the amount of dps because there are times when i'm the only healer and i die so quickly because there is so much dps on the other team.
    You can't have it one way and not the other, i don't come on the forums claiming dps needs a limit because i died quickly, sh*t happens, it's a pug warfront.
    Maybe some sort of que system for whichever roll someone wants to play being implemented would nice but other than that like i said it's more of a player issue

In all reality, it is things like this that kept me in the FPS genre for almost a decade. MMO's have too many factors in a PUG/unorganized scenario. And this is probably why when I finally did MMO's I went for Eq2 raiding.

Team has too many healers
    Team has too good of specs
    Players are using wrong specs
    Players won't play right roles
    X class is a bit over the top for the moment
    X players have better gear
    X players have played longer and have better toon potency

Makes me miss - 100hp, 100armor, same 9 guns for everyone, that do the same out-going damage upon players who all receive damage evenly.

MMO's and "PvP" if you ask me was just setting up dominoes for frustration since the inception. It's why I try to have fun and be less serious, but, competitive people still get the itch. It all is what it is. Imperfect and not 100% balanced. FPS are 100% balanced. MMO's I have never seen approach that other genres degree of true competitive balance.

So, enjoy the ride, get some kills, get killed, gear up and do it all again.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-08-2013 at 03:15 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Limit the amount of 61 point tank specs to 0000

OP, if you tell me your toon name I'll be sure to go DPS and limit the amount of heals if I see you
    Last edited by Tookmyjob; 04-08-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Default Any chance they'll limit the amount of bad DPSers per match?

OP should be:

"It's getting a bit silly with teams stacked with terrible DPSers now. They only know how to mash the same button, and never interrupt, never purge, never silence, never assist, and never switch specs to suit the situation. Matches get incredibly boring and TTK shoots through the roof to infinity and beyond."
    Last edited by Ardor; 04-08-2013 at 04:11 PM.

More and more people seem to think that they are able to hot fix stupid.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    More and more people seem to think that they are able to hot fix stupid.
    Good thing they can't. I don't want them nerfing me. My trinket has +3 to stupid.

Ascendant

I rarely see teams with too many healers. What I do see frequently, however, is teams with piss-poor DPS that can't deal with a few good healers on the opposing team.

Tip for the DPS: start with the chloros... they be squishy and can't cross-heal each other as well. They can, however, slap Synthesis on the Sentinels and giggle at the stupidity of bad DPS.

The question that should be been asked was, "Any chance they'll limit the amount of WARRIORS per match?"

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    In all reality, it is things like this that kept me in the FPS genre for almost a decade. MMO's have too many factors in a PUG/unorganized scenario. And this is probably why when I finally did MMO's I went for Eq2 raiding.

Team has too many healers
    Team has too good of specs
    Players are using wrong specs
    Players won't play right roles
    X class is a bit over the top for the moment
    X players have better gear
    X players have played longer and have better toon potency

Makes me miss - 100hp, 100armor, same 9 guns for everyone, that do the same out-going damage upon players who all receive damage evenly.

MMO's and "PvP" if you ask me was just setting up dominoes for frustration since the inception. It's why I try to have fun and be less serious, but, competitive people still get the itch. It all is what it is. Imperfect and not 100% balanced. FPS are 100% balanced. MMO's I have never seen approach that other genres degree of true competitive balance.

So, enjoy the ride, get some kills, get killed, gear up and do it all again.
    Weren't you fiercely opposed to stat normalization?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast