+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Justicar and Shaman in PvP

Shadowlander

Default Justicar and Shaman in PvP

Hey everyone!

Is there any Way to successfully combine the Justicar and Shaman Souls to get a half decent Build with some Survivability and Damage?
    Mien of Honor kills the Shaman Damage Talents and feels like it doesnt help that much in regards to PvP Survivability.
    Is there any other Way to do it?
    Is it even a good Idea to use the Justicar Soul if i am looking for some Survivability?

i heard about this melee cleric once, I forget his name. so I will tell you what i think he may have done.
    BUT before I say what I think he may have done, this is in no way shape or form what I have done or woujld have done because I am the absolute worst player and cleric and pvper, and person EVER, and my mere presence loses matches and causes other people to play worse......
    I am gimp

so now with that out of the way...

you are low rank. face it. this is an era where might makes right. so you have to get use to being in melee and taking a hit before you can get use to KILLING. gotta walk before you can run. so specing MORE points into justicar and using a build thats justicar for 5 tiers and use shaman to augment the damage for your first few ranks and then gradually using less and less defense as your gear becomes better and your skills in melee pvp.... not melee pve become more rounded.
    others will come in and flame me , because I am the worst cleric in the world, ever, universe, so this isnt my suggestion.
    but if you go glass cannon to kill things, wont you be killed just as fast? if you pulled a mob that could 3 shot you in a pve dungeon would you die in 3 shots? so what makes you think you can go into pve where there are rumors of people killing you in 4 globals as a full dps and expect to live?
    experts will tell you "any good healer should keep you alive!!" and how they are pro healers and nobody would ever die and they know a healer who would never let you or them or president Lincoln die. but for the normal people and times you dont have mythical person watching you.... put the points in justicar.

your dps drops to 0 when you are dead.
    gotta stay on your target to hit your target.
    know when to get in and when to get out, its your job to keep you alive not the healers so if you are taking damage from lots of sources, get out, and when it looks clear and you have hp... get in.
    never overextend and when you are low rank, never be the ONLY melee in an area. what worked in that other game, charging in , fearing everyone, wearing plate and having 30k more hp than everyone and killing the poor caster before anyone could bring you down... ya thats not this game.
    move with the other mlee and never ever, ever, no matter how much you may think its a good idea, charge the BACK line as a low level by yourself, we from daoc call this overextending.
    if you feel your damage is sub par, then you would want to pick one person to assist. two melee hitting on the same target results in more kills for both people. there is usually ONE melee in every warfront who gets kills and dosent die much. you want to follow THAT person who is killing without dying and not the person who had 2 million damage 4 kills and 15 deaths. that wont teach you much.

my rules for how to melee are in this video. its a year old but the rules apply still
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEj9N1vSOfI
    now I wouldnt follow them, because I am a very bad cleric and very unsuccessful being a shaman OR a justicar in this games pvp..... but I linked the video so you could watch it and dislike it because it teaches nothing that would help you get from low rank upwards.
    I here rumors of there being a cleric who shows uncut game play as a shaman for so you can get the whole truth of what it would be like and not just highlights, but I have no clue where you would find it much less find two

lastly, your going to have to remember you are going to take bruises before you get good with it. ranged is easy, I would like to say ranged and mleee are equal skill, but there are a lot of people who teleport to and attack the closest target, so melee is more about where you are and where you arent.

its a wall of text, but just come through it slowly and pick out what you want and use it.

good luck and happy hunting.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Trapjaw View Post
    Hey everyone!

Is there any Way to successfully combine the Justicar and Shaman Souls to get a half decent Build with some Survivability and Damage?
    Mien of Honor kills the Shaman Damage Talents and feels like it doesnt help that much in regards to PvP Survivability.
    Is there any other Way to do it?
    Is it even a good Idea to use the Justicar Soul if i am looking for some Survivability?
    Not sure if serious.

Shaman is the most fun you can have in PVP as a cleric, but also the hardest to play. BishopX had some great advice in his post and I would listen to it. Shaman has a high learning curve and you will die a lot. If you have yourself a pocket healer and defiler you are golden. I prefer the 61 pt. shaman builds the buff gives you a 1second GCD and will increase your DPS a ton. It is by far the best burst damage for a cleric in PVP but sorely lacks the utility and survivability of Inquisitor. Don't give up there are not many clerics willing to go melee you will die a lot when you first start but will get easier and better. If you need help or want any advice from me you can contact me in game (look below at signature.) or go to my twitch were I am streaming when ever I am logged in and will go over it with you (chat is active on the stream and will be answered.) www.twitch.tv/abealri . If I am not raiding I am doing PVP of some kind more than likely.
    Last edited by Abealri; 04-09-2013 at 06:45 AM.
    Abadfish@Deepwood <Philanthropy> 4/4TDQ 3/4 FT 2/5 EE Cleric DPS 61 Inquisitor 15 Defiler 0 Justicar
    Blame me it is always my fault, I don't know how but I am sure it is just the same.
    Check out my Twitch TV page, I will be streaming when ever I am logged in. www.twitch.tv/abealri

Don't plan on combining Justicar/Shaman much, if at all. They have very poor synergy now. You will lose mountains of damage for a smidge of survival, defeating the purpose of the build. As it stands, there just isn't a Cleric equivalent to NB/RS or VK/RB.

You may want to keep a Justicar spec handy for fang holding/shard running when there are multiple healers present, but otherwise Justi won't see a whole lot of use.
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

Shadowlander

Thanks for all the Replies. I will try some of your Suggestions.
    I also have another Question.
    Since some of you say, either invest heavy in the Justicar Tree, or dont do it at all:
    How is the Survivability of a Justicar in PvP?
    Can he really "tank" enemy Players?
    Is he able to survive against one or more Players, if he has some good Gear?

Champion of Telara

You may not be able to combine Justicar / Shaman well, but you can combine Inquisitor and Justicar fairly well. The Justicar attacks are life damage attacks, which stacks L&D Concord for Inquisitor, plus you can build convictions using Inquisitor attacks.

You can combine a 48 inquisitor with 28 justicar to get 7-conviction Hammer of Duty (powerful) with extra HP, extra passive healing, and L&D Concord from Inquisitor that all your justicar attacks will stack. It can be played in melee or range, has some decent damage mitigation tools, but loses some of the better DPS options from Inquis (Nysrs's and Scourge).

Hammer of Duty will not compensate you for the loss in burst, but you might survive that extra 10 seconds while still being viable.

For a DPS build or Tank build? I think you are better off with a Tank build unless you feat more in a Shaman then perhaps that would put a good dps build. Ack why do you want to melee? LOL just heal LOL.
    Last edited by Oblivion333; 04-10-2013 at 01:34 PM.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Shadowlander

thanks for the advice.
    if a Justicar/shaman spec does lose a lot of damage while gaining only a bit of survivability and a shaman spec has almost no survivability, what about a justicar spec?
    how is the survivability of a justicar?

A pure Justicar will be about as durable as any of the other tank specs would be, but its damage and healing will be negligible, and generally lower than the other tanks. You'll make a great sponge for windowlickers to beat on if you get heals, and have some flag running capacity & fang holding. That's about all Justicar's good for in PVP, as far as I can tell. It's an entirely non-threatening spec, with no particular internal damage boosts like the other tank specs have. The best survival cooldowns are also at the bottom of the root, which is most of why you gain little survival with shallow investments in the tree.

I wish we had an equivalent to the Lich King era Protribution Paladin, but we don't.
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Trapjaw View Post
    thanks for the advice.
    if a Justicar/shaman spec does lose a lot of damage while gaining only a bit of survivability and a shaman spec has almost no survivability, what about a justicar spec?
    how is the survivability of a justicar?
    You would survive wonderfully vs. people with no clue in pvp. I might /lol @ you as you beat on me and in any spec my puny heals outheal your damage, then I would ignore you as you jump around and I kill healers and dps. That's the short end of it vs. players who know what they are doing. Easy way to find out who doesn't though (that's who would be beating on you). If my side was winning you would be the last to die since there would be no one else to kill waiting for the others to respawn-at least there is that. Now if you had a shock pulse on the other hand...lol
    Last edited by Wrastion; 04-14-2013 at 06:07 AM.

For some reason, when I play a tank spec in a warfront, the opposite side focus their on me. Hilarious. I don't need any taunts Meanwhile our side is killing their healers.

http://i.imgur.com/oZdMhsj.jpg

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Ray View Post
    A pure Justicar will be about as durable as any of the other tank specs would be, but its damage and healing will be negligible, and generally lower than the other tanks. You'll make a great sponge for windowlickers to beat on if you get heals, and have some flag running capacity & fang holding. That's about all Justicar's good for in PVP, as far as I can tell. It's an entirely non-threatening spec, with no particular internal damage boosts like the other tank specs have. The best survival cooldowns are also at the bottom of the root, which is most of why you gain little survival with shallow investments in the tree.

I wish we had an equivalent to the Lich King era Protribution Paladin, but we don't.
    so justicar survivability is very good, his damage is non-existent but he would be a viable option for flag running and fang holding?
    thanks for the info. :-)

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    snip
    Follow this advice if you want to join the ranks of noncontributing hybrid zeroes. Whenever I'm top healer by a factor of three and we're still losing the fight, I can always count on there being at least two or three completely useless tank hybrids on my team.

Cleric tank hybrids are by far the worst. They do not have an nb/rs equivalent. If you spec enough tank to make a difference, your damage will be completely pathetic. Rogues, warriors, and even harbinger mages are simply much more effective in pvp melee.

So ask yourself: if you want to be durable as a cleric in pvp, why not spec into heals? You'll be just as hard to kill as a tank - and so will everyone else on your team. Plus you'll have about the same damage potential as a justicar - at range.

The only cleric hybrid worth a damn is defiler/cab.

+ Reply to Thread