+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: It has to be said -- PvP Guilds are Dodging premade WF's

Ascendant

Default It has to be said -- PvP Guilds are Dodging premade WF's

There is a certain PvP guild on Deepwood that refuses to take premade pops when they queue as a 5 man and get against another premade. Me, Wreck, Yoke, Slash, Nuku ran into this issue last night (and it isn't the first time). They would send in one person to the WF to scope it out and see who they were facing. If it was us, none of the other 4 of them would take the WF queue.

I came in late after Wreck and Slash had their team and they told me it had been happening all night (this particular guild was running 5 mans and would not take the pop if they saw Wreck, Slash et al in there). I came in to fill in for someone who left, but when I came in we got a BG pop. It was us 5 vs. ZERO players on the other team. Then in came a rogue from this particular guild, making it 5v1. I know exactly what he was doing -- he took the pop to see if Wreck and Slash's 5 man was still running so the rest of his team could avoid it.

Now I happen to like the GM of this particular guild. He is a cool guy. I like some of the other players as I well, so it's nothing personal. But, this has to be called out. It must be made public that they are doing this. It's simply not cool, and frankly, I would be embarrassed if I were them.

I have been on the losing side of premades. Yes, it sucks. But be a MAN and take your arse-whooping. I do. I was in a 5 man that beat Wreck and Slash's team the other night. After we won a couple, they changed tactics (and a healer) and rolled us. That's what makes it fun. After we lost, I didn't hear any of us say "Oh let's avoid them from now on." I still had fun and I feel I get a little smarter and wiser with each loss.

Since I can't "name and shame" on these forums, I am being intentionally vague. But this guild, which I will call "--Gamma Alpha--" needs to just take the pops and face whichever 5 man that is queuing. That's what premade queues are FOR. They aren't there so you can roll PUG's. (Seriously, what do you get out of rolling PUG's? How is that fun?)

I promise if I am on a 5 man that wins I will not talk trash, especially if it is against people I like (and I like a lot of people in "--Gamma Alpha--"). Now, if I am against BishopX's 5 man or Exxy's 5 man, you can bet yer *** I will talk mad trash. But, oddly enough neither of those guys will face any decent 5 man either (they talk a big game on the forums but refuse to put up in game). But, Gamma Alpha? No, I won't talk trash to them. And I think I can speak for Wreck, Slash and the others too. They don't talk trash (unless you give them a good reason to).

Don't be shy...tell us who it is!
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Ascendant

Problem 1. Hardly any other teams near or at r80 for all 5 players. Premades dont match by rank most the time. Game is challenging when fighting equal people. How do i know this? R57 fighting vs said team. Hardly fun.

Problem 2. Group makeup in premades on this scale is obvious. There really isnt much variety for optimization since callings arent all truly balanced. Probably why trion doesnt want small scale pvp like 5s. Am i surprised to face said premades having a sent, dom, defiler, rb, x random dps. No.

Problem 3. Rift pvp is dying with hardly any good players, plus the good ones/top ranked ones all get on the same team/guild and expect challenges from who? In this case you need a complete opossing force with same skill/gear level.

This is also why most people dont know how good said good players are. I can count on my hand the number of times ive seen them run a wf not as a premade. Its also hard to recollect fighting any good player alone in any wf. Always tag team or running with heals. I do mean a LOT of them always like this. That being said ive no sympathy for the qq. Try running solo for a challenge or realize hardly any of the player base is at your gear level so why stack yourselves all like that. Just a current reality.

Plane Touched

and? Its obvious they dont want to fight you.. so why would you bother to make a topic about it?

I find this topic unjust and rather childish.
    20 Mill Lifetime favor and climbing, 270k lifetime kills and climbing.. Owning nubs is a full time job.

I agree with OP. I was in a war front last night Whitefall Steps, and got the oppisite team than wreckoning and them, it was me and 2 other people. The fourth quit while the other team had a full party. It evetually filled but was at a big disadvantage from jump street. Not only are you cuing as a premade and running from competition you are leaving the rest of your team hi and dry. If this is the case you do not want a pre made you want to farm pugs so you can act tough even tho your really scared little kids scared of the big bad digital PVP boogie monster. FYI the pugs were not scared and fought them and we might have lost most of the battles but we won the WF. So man up and don't be scared fight the fights you cue for and don't rune the WF cues for the rest of us by making unbalanced teams. At least be like the Multi bot guy that has 5 players he does in CQ but only cues 4 in WFs so he doesn't get the premades.
    Last edited by Abealri; 04-07-2013 at 04:05 PM.
    Abadfish@Deepwood <Philanthropy> 4/4TDQ 3/4 FT 2/5 EE Cleric DPS 61 Inquisitor 15 Defiler 0 Justicar
    Blame me it is always my fault, I don't know how but I am sure it is just the same.
    Check out my Twitch TV page, I will be streaming when ever I am logged in. www.twitch.tv/abealri

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rad1an7 View Post
    and? Its obvious they dont want to fight you.. so why would you bother to make a topic about it?

I find this topic unjust and rather childish.
    If you're going to queue as a premade, you should man up and fight the other premades out there. PUG stomping is for baddies. How can anyone argue differently?

Why should I let a PVP guild off the hook for avoiding other 5 mans? I would be embarrassed if I ran a PvP guild and I had players doing this. Again, I have no idea if the GM was involved (or even knew about it) or not since it is a rather large guild, but he needs to put a stop to this or make some sort of statement about it, imo.

Honestly, if I had players in my guild doing this, I would /gkick them immediately. Like ASAP. It would embarrass me, tbh. ( I guess I am too much of a hard-*** to run a guild).

Bottom line, if they don't want to face other 5 mans, they should just be honest about it. If they don't think they match-up against Wreck and Slash's 5 mans, then that's cool. They can say that and move on. The thing is, I think they have players to give Wreck's 5 man a decent match (they would have to bring all their "A-team" and play near perfectly though). Point is, I don't think it would be as bad as they think it would if they brought the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    Bottom line, if they don't want to face other 5 mans, they should just be honest about it. If they don't think they match-up against Wreck and Slash's 5 mans, then that's cool. They can say that and move on. The thing is, I think they have players to give Wreck's 5 man a decent match (they would have to bring all their "A-team" and play near perfectly though). Point is, I don't think it would be as bad as they think it would if they brought the right people.
    Well they weren't dishonest about it. Though when you put 5 people of the remaining 20 that actually care to focus on that content, you might have people dodging you for other premades less experienced premades.

But then again it is GA so they just might have been looking for pugs.

Been happening for many years across many games, not going to change now.

Really no need for them to "scout" when they can just put the people they are trying to dodge on their friends list to see where they go.

Just hit rank 68, once I hit 70 I will start doing 5 mans more.

I will finally have my freelancer weapons, so then all I will need are some solid healers to carry me.

But fear not, I am a dwarf so therefore I am light.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Problem 1. Hardly any other teams near or at r80 for all 5 players. Premades dont match by rank most the time. Game is challenging when fighting equal people. How do i know this? R57 fighting vs said team. Hardly fun.

Problem 2. Group makeup in premades on this scale is obvious. There really isnt much variety for optimization since callings arent all truly balanced. Probably why trion doesnt want small scale pvp like 5s. Am i surprised to face said premades having a sent, dom, defiler, rb, x random dps. No.

Problem 3. Rift pvp is dying with hardly any good players, plus the good ones/top ranked ones all get on the same team/guild and expect challenges from who? In this case you need a complete opossing force with same skill/gear level.

This is also why most people dont know how good said good players are. I can count on my hand the number of times ive seen them run a wf not as a premade. Its also hard to recollect fighting any good player alone in any wf. Always tag team or running with heals. I do mean a LOT of them always like this. That being said ive no sympathy for the qq. Try running solo for a challenge or realize hardly any of the player base is at your gear level so why stack yourselves all like that. Just a current reality.

All I hear are excuses to be honest, I mean when I wasnít p80 I was still doing premades as were other people i know, gear only gets you so far
    Iím not naive enough to think gear doesn't matter but if you let a few ranks and a little gear stop you from a challenge then you probably donít need to be premading anyway.

Weíve also did premades with different comps, i'm not sure why you think only certain comps are good in premades.
    Nuku and wreck did one with a beast master the other day, at times weíve did 2 sents instead of a sent and defiler, Iíve been in premades against a defiler, a sent and 3 rogues and they did very well with that comp,It's all about adapting and learning.

Some of us just want a challenge from the other good pvpers, how do you expect to get better at premades or pvp without experience against other good players, everytime I premade I learn something new, sadly that's not something i can say about solo queing pug warfronts.
    I can solo anytime, it consist of zerg vs zerg, people not focusing, people not learning or trying new specs or adapting to what we need as a team to win or focusing on pve objectives primarily, itís more of an annoyance than a challenge.

The difference in small scale competitive environment and pugs is the challenge and
    the fact that you donít have the luxury of f'n up or blowing a cd too soon.
    You can't miss said chance to kill a target who links are off for 5 seconds.
    You can't continue to focus a cleric who is using unstable transformation or who is using healers cov.
    Targeting the wrong target for 5 mins while the rest of your team is focusing someone else or to continuously focus a target that just isnít dieing will only get your team wiped.
    In a 5v5 if the teams are smart they will try different tactics, builds and adapt to why they were previously wiped by the opposing team, this Is far more of a challenge then a zerg vs zerg warfront, putting a number 1 over someones head and doing multiple dumb things while no one is there to see it or call you out for it.

Telaran

They might have been lookin for another GA premade. I know that's been happening a bit. Or they might not have had the composition to go against wreck and crew (pun intended ). We're a big guild and not everyone is a hardcore 5 maner sometimes it's just five friends queuing together.

I'm up for five mans with all you guys whenever tho. Especially when we can put together some strong teams. And we can pull some fun stuff outta GA it's just getting everyone on at the same time. Either way I know most of us have taking our xx-0 kill matches in stride.
    ~wheeelz@seastone
    <cult>

The problem, like I mentioned on a different forum, is lack of other 5 man teams. Dodging queues I can see creating an issue but look at the bigger one.

When I gamed with my friends in FPS, to make example there was a great clan around for a while called Ruin. I could compete with them, but many of the friends I hung out with on vent weren't up to that skill level to take out a team. They were well aware. We joined all sorts of servers and set up scrims with tons of clans. Sometimes the top notch fellows, but not always. The point is, if we all refreshed our servers one night and saw every server empty except one with all Ruin members - well what they heck.

Yes its a competition, but we didn't want to spend all night fighting a fight like that. It was enjoyable because there was a plethora of people down to do scrims and matches, of all skill levels. People didn't dodge the top team but, it wasn't like you ever had nights where you log on and the only people you could play is some of the best competition existing players in the game will provide. But this is also in a land where you aren't in the dark about your opponent until its countdown time. Before I open up bigger can of worms - the bottom line is the problem that sets up such a situation like this is pure lack of variety of teams out there even putting themselves forth. It is what it is and you can't make it what it isn't. It utterly blows to log on a 5 group, take long queues, and only see 1 or 2 different teams for weeks just about.

The 5 v 5 captain made teams were a pretty good thing IMO. It would be nice if they could spark enough interest in the long run to get more people doing 5's in general. But even some friends I talk to just reply with that they don't want to do 5s. So I don't even know anymore, can hardly pull my own homies together at times . Thankfully I am easily entertained and solo queue or decorate dimensions when this occurs.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-07-2013 at 04:50 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by slash_wrists View Post
    All I hear are excuses to be honest, I mean when I wasn’t p80 I was still doing premades as were other people i know, gear only gets you so far
    I’m not naive enough to think gear doesn't matter but if you let a few ranks and a little gear stop you from a challenge then you probably don’t need to be premading anyway.

We’ve also did premades with different comps, i'm not sure why you think only certain comps are good in premades.
    Nuku and wreck did one with a beast master the other day, at times we’ve did 2 sents instead of a sent and defiler, I’ve been in premades against a defiler, a sent and 3 rogues and they did very well with that comp,It's all about adapting and learning.

Some of us just want a challenge from the other good pvpers, how do you expect to get better at premades or pvp without experience against other good players, everytime I premade I learn something new, sadly that's not something i can say about solo queing pug warfronts.
    I can solo anytime, it consist of zerg vs zerg, people not focusing, people not learning or trying new specs or adapting to what we need as a team to win or focusing on pve objectives primarily, it’s more of an annoyance than a challenge.

The difference in small scale competitive environment and pugs is the challenge and
    the fact that you don’t have the luxury of f'n up or blowing a cd too soon.
    You can't miss said chance to kill a target who links are off for 5 seconds.
    You can't continue to focus a cleric who is using unstable transformation or who is using healers cov.
    Targeting the wrong target for 5 mins while the rest of your team is focusing someone else or to continuously focus a target that just isn’t dieing will only get your team wiped.
    In a 5v5 if the teams are smart they will try different tactics, builds and adapt to why they were previously wiped by the opposing team, this Is far more of a challenge then a zerg vs zerg warfront, putting a number 1 over someones head and doing multiple dumb things while no one is there to see it or call you out for it.
    5v5s will be a rare thing in this game for a few things
    1. Class balance
    2. Skill
    3. Players Attitudes
    4. Players Egos
    5. The fact that this is a pve game and trion doesnt give two ****s about pvp
    6. TTK
    7. And the most important THE GOD DAMN DIMISHING RETURN SYSTEM AND BREAK FREE'S
    Last edited by Thedarkside; 04-07-2013 at 05:06 PM.

Ascendant

I talked with someone from this guild just now...He claims they weren't dodging. I told him I came in late and can't speak for the whole night. That would be up to the others to say. He basically said Wreck and Slash had 4 and he had 4. Said he faced them a few times but had PUG's.

That's what he says, I wasn't there the whole time. I do know that our BG pop was suspicious when we faced one guy against our 5.

Rift Chaser

5 man queues are fun but they take too long so I prefer tandem queuing and yes I know ya wont go vs the best but I aint taking the best with me anyways so it doesn't really matter!

Anyways biggest issue I have with 5 vs 5 is the queue its too freaking long if it wasn't for that I would prolly do it more often!

Styxxey

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast